Angel

Unfairness of Love [Old Ver.]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Seulgi—,” Byulyi groaned, followed by a metallic clamoring. The photographer was rummaging around in her closet, looking for an outfit to wear for the evening.
 
It finally came around to Sunday, one of the days that Yongsun asked Byulyi to come to watch her vocal group perform. Byulyi decided against going on Thursday since that particular gig was at a famous club within the borough. A bar was more to her liking, which was were the Sunday performance was held.
 
Byulyi had looked through every article of clothing at least three times by now, yet she couldn’t make her mind up. She convinced Seulgi to tag along to the bar with her and help her get ready for the night, hence why she was currently sitting on Byulyi’s bed.
 
The older woman appeared out of the closet with a dramatic pout on her face, hands empty of anything except a black pair of jeans.
 
“Will you let me help you now?” Seulgi asked, preparing to stand up.

Byulyi sighed and nodded in defeat. She requested Seulgi to help choose an outfit, but whenever the younger went to the closet to assist her, her suggestions were brushed off. It wasn’t necessarily rude, and Seulgi saw it as nothing of the sort. The blonde was just nervous and wanted everything to be right. It was only natural.
 
“Here, let’s start with these.” Seulgi took the pants from Byulyi, placing them on the bed. From within the closet, she shuffled through various shirts that were hanging, calling out, “Do you still have that black jacket? The leather one?”
 
“Yeah, it’s by the front door.”
 
“Would you mind getting it real quick? I have an idea.” Byulyi did as requested, fetching the garment while Seulgi gathered an armful of clothing. When she came back, she saw the brunette placing the pile on her bed. Taking the jacket from her, she commented, “You always look cute in this.”
 
“Cute?” Byulyi responded, taking on a faux expression of offense. “You are the cute one, not me.”
 
Seulgi couldn’t hold back a burst of laughter. “There’s the old Byulyi!” She passed the older woman her pair of dark jeans.
 
Seulgi had been worrying about Byulyi ever since she was admitted to the hospital last. Usually, there was a small change in the way she behaved, but this time around it was rather drastic. It lasted much longer than usual after being discharged, causing her more distress. After her lunch with Yongsun, she brightened up some, but she was still far from her old self.
 
Seulgi looked through various shirts that she had brought out, holding them up against the older, trying to decide which would look the best. After a few minutes, she dressed her up in a dark t-shirt and a white long-sleeved button up to go overtop.
 
“God, what’s gotten into me?” Byulyi grumbled as Seulgi handed her the leather jacket.
 
“You’re making a new friend, you just want to leave a good impression.” Seulgi motioned for Byulyi to tuck in the black shirt. She stepped back to take in her whole appearance before adjusting the white shirt and jacket a little. “It’s just like you did with me. There’s nothing wrong with that.”
 
Byulyi silently nodded, letting the brunette futz around with her clothing. Seulgi walked the older over to the full-length mirror on the other side of the room for her to look at herself. She gave her a moment to take it in before asking what she thought. Byulyi indeed liked it, but she was unsure if that was the best thing to wear for the occasion.
 
“It’s simple and cute, and it screams Byulyi.” Seulgi declared with a bright grin. “Now come on, let’s get going before the traffic gets too bad.”


 
***


 
Byulyi and Seulgi sat at a table near the center of the bar, waiting for the performance to begin. In the meantime, they watched as a light rock band played.

Byulyi had a half-empty beer in front of her. She was trying to take her time drinking it since she was limiting herself to just the one. The dietary restrictions set by Doctor Park covered even alcoholic beverages. She was allowed to drink anything as long as it wasn’t hard liquor and as long as she moderated herself greatly; “greatly” in this case meaning no more than one drink anyway.

Seulgi on the other hand just ate since she drove Byulyi home after the fact.
 
After the band finished their last song for the night, they packed up all their gear and mingled around with many of the bar’s patrons. During the final applause, however, Byulyi was surprised by a sudden hug from behind. She quickly turned around, smiling brightly when she saw that it was Heeyeon.
 
“I’m so glad that you are finally coming to watch us perform,” Heeyeon raved, resting her weight on the backrest of Byulyi’s chair. “And I’m really glad to see you as well, Seulgi!”
 
“It’s been forever, hasn’t it,” Seulgi giggled. Heeyeon nodded, saying that it had been quite some time since they saw each other last. They weren’t the closest of friends, but they enjoyed each other’s company.
 
“So, Byulyi,” Heeyeon said, turning back towards her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter