five

sugarbowl ✧・゚sekai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

darling u

Jongin stepped onto the CEO's floor with puffy eyes and a small pout. He was fed up.

He'd been working here for a few weeks now, but Mister Oh's jabbings had never stopped. He mocked him relentlessly for his submissive nature, the way he stayed silent in meetings and couldn't deny anyone, the way he was too insecure to go into a crowded space, and the way he closed himself off from most employees, in fear of being rejected. Mister Oh had made so many jabs at Jongin's character, he picked up on things even Jongin didn't notice about himself; which was a big deal because Jongin was very self aware.

After a whole night of silent tears, of course Jongin wasn't going to tell anyone about his problem, the sensitive boy had come to a decision. He was going to quit. 

It just wasn't worth it anymore, Jongin's self esteem had plummeted in the short time that he'd been here and he barely had any self esteem to begin with! Jongin always stayed silent to any of Sehun's comments and that was probably never going to change. But Jongin felt like instead of loving his job, he was starting to dread it.

Jongin let out a deep breath and after a short conversation with the secretary, the man knocked softly on Mister Oh's door. 

I can do this, for once I'm going to put myself first.

Jongin heard a low grunt from inside the room and he took that as his signal to enter. He tentatively poked his head into the office, his breath hitched when Mister Oh looked up from his paperwork. His eyes expressed shock, probably at Jongin's appearence, but he quickly masked it into his regular cold expression. He looked so handsome and Jongin could go on and on about his broad shoulders and muscular arms; but now was not the time. This man had made Jongin's life absolute hell, it didn't matter how attractive he was. 

"Is there a problem?" Mister Oh furrowed his eyebrows, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest.His dress shirt was black today, with the top few buttons undone. Jongin nodded his head in response, and scurried in front of the large desk. With both hands, he placed a white envelope on the man's desk.

"This is my resignation letter." He whispered, taking a few steps back. He kept his head down, bracing himself for the last few hurtful comments he'd ever have to hear from Mister Oh.

Surprisingly, Mister Oh simply hummed in response; like he wasn't even shocked. Jongin's heart hurt a bit at how little faith Mister Oh had in him. A few moments passed and no one said anything. Jongin was just waiting for Mister Oh to dismiss him. 

The CEO suddenly got up from his seat and strolled towards Jongin at a leisurely pace. Jongin gulped, why did the room feel so hot? He linked his hands in front of him awkwardly, fearing what was to come.

Mister Oh walked up in front of his desk and leaned back on it. Jongin was confused why that was even necessary and why he looked so damn good through it all.

"So, why are you quitting?" He leaned back on his hands, his eyes were focused on Jongin. The man kept his eyes lowered and he could feel his cheeks heating up from the attention. Mister Oh knew exactly why he was quitting, he just wanted him to say it so he could make him feel even more pathetic.

Well, it wasn't like Jongin had any dignity left at this point.

"Y-You know why..." Jongin's voice was hoarse, he felt like he would burst out in tears any minute now. Why did he have to make everything so hard for him?

"I don't think I do?" Sehun quirked an eyebrow, faking innocence. Jongin's pout deepened and he held back a big sigh. Mister Oh was really a meanie.

"I can't take it anymore." Jongin admitted quietly, confrontation was a very big deal for him. He never told anyone about his feelings, ever. And now he has to explain this to his boss? Jongin fidgeted with his fingers and avoided Mister Oh's gaze.

"You can't take what, Jongin?" Mister Oh asked in a low voice, that honestly scared Jongin. 

Jongin paused to think about what he wanted to say. Should he be honest? He didn't want to hurt Mister Oh's feelings.

Gosh, Jongin really was pathetic. He couldn't believe he wass thinking about Mister Oh's feelings when all the man did was hurt him.

"Tell me," Mister Oh prodded, he took a few steps closer to Jongin. The scared man's heart rate speeded up drastically, what was he doing? If he planned on saying something before, he definitely wasn't going to utter a word now.

"Jongin?" Mister Oh's voice suddenly became incredibly soft. In fact, his voice was so gently that Jongin couldn't stop himself from looking up at him warily. Mister Oh's eyes were tender, almost sympathetic. His expression wasn't guarded like usual, Jongin found himself gaping at this foreign look.

"It's because of what I say to you, isn't it?" He slowly reached up to place a comforting hand on Jogin's shoulder, the latter almost flinched.

Okay, what the hell happened to Oh Sehun? And can it stop quickly, because Jongin can't breath!

Jongin nodded his head shyly in response. Is Mister Oh trying to... Console him?

"Then why don't you stop me?" He inquired, but Jongin could tell he already knew this answer. Mister Oh really had a thing for asking Jongin questions he knew the answers to. Jongin didn't want to response, but Mister Oh's hand was rubbing his shoulder gently, coaxing him to answer.

"I-I don't know..." Jongin mumbled, almost bitterly. Mister Oh nodded, like he understood Jongin.

Then, he removed his hand, leaving Jongin to feel cold and empty. "Go to your work station," He nodded his head towards the exit of the office. He was already walking back to his desk. Jongin gaped at him.

"B-But, I resigned?" Jongin suttered, not comprehending Mister Oh's actions.

"I'm not going to let you quit so easily."
 

/-/

Jongin was upset. And with the furrow of his eyebrows and deep pout of his lips, everyone else could tell too. 

How could Mister Oh refuse his resignation letter?! Was that even legal?!

And why was he switching emotions so quickly? Jongin finds himself thinking back to Mister Oh's gentle hold and soft eyes, he looked so... Caring?

But I thought he hated me...

Jongin wanted to cry so badly, it took hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter