one

sugarbowl ✧・゚sekai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

start

"Yes, I'm doing fine Umma." Jongin tried to say cheerfully into his phone, he hoped it was realistic enough because he was doing terrible. He hadn't been able to eat for the last week with all the anxiety that came with this new CEO. Who did he think he was? Ruining the peace of Jongin's life...

"Are you sure, Jonginnie? Have you been eating well, you sound like you've lost weight!" Jongin's Umma jumped to conclusions, just like any other loving Umma would. Jongin stared at his squishy waist and pinched it sadly, if anything he was pretty sure he put on weight. He gains weight when he's stressed, Jongin wonders if that's even an excuse anymore because he's always stressed.

"It's nothing Umma, it's just my new Director... He's interviewing us all again, I have to leave for mine soon." Jongin fully pouted, no point in hiding it in now. His interview is later today, he briefly considered faking his death so he wouldn't have to go.

"Eh? Director Oh finally retired? Wow, I thought I would've read about it in the news..." His Umma began to go on to mumble something about how nice Director Oh was, hiring her son and letting him work from home. How nice his life would've been if Director Oh hadn't retired!

"Anyhoo, I don't want to make you late! Look handsome for your interview, okay Honey? You'll do amazing, bye!" Umma rushed out before Jongin could even tell her that his interview wasn't for a few hours, and he would've preferred to talk to his Umma for a while longer.

Jongin sighed to himself quietly, he might as well start getting ready. 

/-/

Jongin found himself once again in the classy and modern, yet dreadful, bathroom of the Seoul Daily Times. 

"I can't do this! How am I supposed to face him?" Jongin whined, burying his face in his hands. Jongin doesn't know how he's going to utter out a single word that'll make Mr. Oh think he's worthy of this position. He's going to fail! And then he'll be homeless and he'll have to move back in with Umma. Who is he kidding? He can't move back in with Umm-

Jongin's wild thoughts were cut off, when a warm hand was placed on his shoulder. 

Oh my gosh. Is it... Him? 

"You okay?" His voice was incredibly deep, but not intimidating at all.

Jongin slowly looked up from his hands, and felt a surge of a weird emotion. Perhaps disapointment? Though he has no reason to be disapointed.

Instead of Mr. Oh, there stood an equally tall and handsome man, with kinda big ears. 

"Hm? Y-Yeah, I-I'm fine..." Jongin mumbled, walking away from the man and towards that air dryers to hopefully warm up his hands.

"You're nervous for your interview?" The guy guessed, scrubbing his large hands with soap. Instead of replying verbally, Jongin nodded his head; he was kinda hoping that this guy would stop talking to him soon, it was making him even more nervous and sweaty.

"Don't be. Sehun's not that bad. A jerk? Yes. But unfair? Nah." The man came closer to Jongin, not noticing Jongin's horrified expression. He just called Mr. Oh by his first name! And he insulted him! Jongin frantically looked around to make sure no one heard the shockingly brave person in front of him. Who is this guy?

"By the way, I didn't get your name?" He leaned his head to the side, with a charming smile. He looked a bit like a puppy, and Jongin found it kinda cute.

"J-Jongin..." He whispered out, clearly not used to a lot of social interactions. The man simply nodded and left the bathroom, without even letting Jongin know his name.

"That was... Odd." Jongin tipped his head the side, but decided to shrug it off, he has more important things to worry about. Jongin decided it was time for him to leave the bathroom and return to the waiting room, Mr. Oh would be calling him soon. 

The waiting room was set up in the lobby with comfy chairs and complementry treats. From there, a secretary would call your name and lead you upstairs to Mr. Oh's office; it was on the 50th floor. Jongin was shocked when he had found out the number of floors in this building, Mr. Oh was not lying when he said they had enough room for employees to work from home. 

The brown haired man took a seat on one of the leather sofas far from the table full of yummy donuts and pasteries, he wouldn't want to make a fool of himself by eagerly stuffing his face with them. There were only a few others sitting with him, Jongin assumed the interviews took place over the course of a number of days. 

He let out a deep sigh and rubbed his sweaty palms on his pants. I can do this, he repeated to himself, hoping to sound brave.

"Kim Jongin?" A high pitched voice called out. Jongin looked to the front of the room to see a small women, professionally dressed in a pant suit, with a dark clipboard in her hands. He quickly shot up from his seat, not forgetting his resume that he placed on the desk earlier, and followed the women to the elevator. His heart was beating so loud, he was afraid the women may be able to hear it in the confinment of the small elevator. He was kind of hoping that the el

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter