two

sugarbowl ✧・゚sekai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

honey tea

"I can't believe this! Why is Ra-Im being such an idiot!" 

Jongin was sprawled across his couch, with his laptop resting on his stomach. It was currently 10 PM and he would usually be very busy editing some articles for work, but Mr. Oh had put a hold on everything until the employees start work at the office. Jongin could sense that more changes were coming and that really bothered him. 

With his drama playing on the highest volume, the tan man tried to block out his work anxieties. Being constantly stressed out is a regular thing for Jongin, but at the moment his anxiety was increased by a tenfold.  He even treated himself to some of his Umma's yummy home cooked food - she dropped it off earlier in the week - since Jongin usually doesn't have time for dinner.

Said man's eyes flickered to the bottom left corner of his screen, where a notification had popped up.

You have a new email.

Jongin bit his lip, already knowing this email was from work. He opened it up, hoping to delay the process as much as he could. But alas, the message had loaded and he was forced to read through it.

Dear Seoul Daily Times employees.

Mr. Oh has designated Monday, the 21st, to be the first workday under his new managment. Please arrive at 8:00 AM and meet in the conference room, Mr. Oh will direct from thereon. The workday will finish at...

Jongin widened his eyes in shock, "Eight in the morning?! That's way too early!"

He felt like crying, I'm going to have to wake up that early everyday?! Maybe I should just get a new job...

/-/

Jongin eyes flickered around the large conference room, watching all the other employees chatter with each other. How is everyone so social, especially this early in the morning?

The brunet was sure to arrive fifteen minutes before the start time and was surprised to see that the hall was rather full. It seems like the other employees are also feeling threatned by Mr. Oh. 

Ah... Mr. Oh... Just think of his name makes my hands sweaty...

Jongin felt so terribly embarassed after his interview, he has no idea how he's supposed to face his boss now. And to think, he told him he expects growth?! What does that even mean? I'm already so tall...

"Hey, is anyone sitting here?" Jongin heard a light, raspy voice ask; he quickly looked up to address the person.  

"N-No..." Jongin said quietly, averting his eyes from the man. He was so pretty! He immediately felt inferior with a man this gorgeous next to him. Jongin vaguely heard the man say something like 'Great!', before sitting down next to him.

"I'm Baekhyun," The man, Baekhyun, smiled sweetly at Jongin. Baekhyun was wearing a white dress shirt, that look slightly oversized but that's probably due to his delicate frame, and fitted black pants. 

"Jongin." He tried to smile as nicely as Baekhyun did, but he knew he probably looked like a troll. This is why I can't be friends with pretty people...

"Nice to meet you, Jongin. So... You nervous for the first day?" Thank god for Baekhyun's good conversation skills, otherwise this conversation would've gotten nowhere. 

"Yeah," Jongin gave a breathy laugh and after a moment he added, "What about you?" 

Baekhyun seemed to brighten at Jongin's question and it made Jongin wonder if he seemed to closed off earlier.

"Kind of, but I'm more excited! To be honest, I hated working from home. I always wanted that social workplace environment." Jongin mustered up a smile but was honestly shocked. Him and Baekhyun are total opposites. It's hard to believe some people actually want to be here.

"And not to mention our hot CEO!" Baekhyun winked in Jongin's direction, the latter was horrified. How inappropriate-

"Are you ready to join us now?" Jongin looked at the podium with wide eyes, Mr. Oh had just called them out! Somehow the auditorium went silent in the midst of Baekhyun's statement and Jongin was almost certain that everyone had heard him say 'hot CEO'. He could feel everyone watching them and it made Jongin's heart slam against his chest. With rosy cheeks he ducked his head and placed his hands on his lap.

"Sorry Boss!" He heard Baekhyun yell with a cheeky tone in his voice, but it all seemed distant with through his embarassment.

/-/

Jongin let out a deep breath and sunk back in his comfy desk chair, inside his cubicle. He finally felt like he could breath all by himself, his computer was his only company. Mr. Oh had said that the employees would work in their regular positions for a temporary amount of  time. By the end of the amount, based off the work ethics, everyone would be re-assigned. It's possible that employees could get their former position, but Mr. Oh claimed "That almost never happens."

Jongin was hoping he wouldn't be re-assigned because he was in love with his work station. There was a thin 27 inch screen monitor, that had a tiny logo of an apple at the base paired with a clean white keyboard and mouse. Even his desk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter