four

sugarbowl ✧・゚sekai
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

blue

Jongin had to endure Baekhyun's constant pestering about what was going on between him and Mister Oh. He tried to explain that it was literally nothing, the CEO was just set on ruining Jongin's non existent pride, but the chirpy boy wouldn't settle down. He desperately wanted to hear of some sort of drama, just to stimulate his work life, but Jongin really had nothing to say. If anything, he was still very upset by what Mister Oh said to him. He felt terrible about his pathetic character. Jongin couldn't help it, it's just the way he was. The way he had been, his whole life.

"You look upset, in fact you've been pouting ever since you got here. Is everything alright?" Baekhyun looked like he genuinely cared about Jongin and it made his heart flutter just a tiny bit. He was so nice to Jongin, when the latter was so awkward and shy. What did he do to deserve a coworker like this?

"Yeah, I'm alright." Jongin tried his best to turn his pout into a smile, but when Baekhyun gave him a disaproving glare, he knew he wasn't doing very well. Everytime he tried to smile, he just remembered Mr. Oh's mocking voice. 

"What did he say to you?" Baekhyun asked, without any hesitation. Jongin widened his eyes and wondered how Baekhyun was able to read him so easily. Jongin hesitated, like he always did before replying to literally anything, just to think of how to give a proper response. However, Baekhyun saw this hesitation as a negative response.

"I'm going to carve his eyes out-" Baekhyun began muttering angrily, he began to rise out of his seat to look for Mister Oh, probably to fight him; Jongin quickly placed a hand on his strong forearm to stop him.

"What are you doing?" He gasped with wide eyes, trying to pull Baekhyun back to his seat. What did he think he was going to do? Yell at Mister Oh and get them both fired?!

"I'm going to put him in his place," Baekhyun tried to fold up his dress shirt sleeve, even with Jongin latching onto him. Put who in his place? Their boss, the CEO? Not to mention that Baekhyun looks like a dainty butterfly next to him!

"Baekhyun-"

"It's what he deserves for hurting my friend." Jongin grip loosened dramatically.

Friend?

Baekhyun thought of him as a friend? Jongin felt himself became awfully hot in the cheeks, no one had ever stuck up for him like this before. Just because he was their friend. No one's ever valued him this much. Is this warm feeling what if feels like to have friends? Are people lucky enough to feel this emotion every day?

In the midst of his thoughts, Baekhyun glanced down at Jongin, wondering why he suddenly became weak.

"Aw, Jonginnie! Are you blushing?" Baekhyun cooed, leaning down to be face to face with a seated Jongin. Said man quickly averted his gaze, trying to hide his face to the side.

"No..." He muttered weakly. Baekhyun was not having it, he grabbed Jongin's cheeks and squished them softly with his fingertips. 

"Is it because I called you my friend? You're such a cutie~" He continued to coddle Jongin, like he was some sort of baby! Pulling his honey colored hair to his chest, and it softly.

"Baekhyun! Stop it!" Jongin almost whined quietly with a pout, trying to push the man away. He was so embarassed! Only his mom treats him like this.

"So you do know how to speak up?" An mocking voice spoke up from the side. Jongin instantly recognized who it was and gasped loudly, shoving Baekhyun to the side. Thankfully, Baekhyun actually complied. Mister Oh was coolly leaning against the cubicle wall, with his arms crossed over his chest. The material stiffened around his chest, showng off the wideness of it. 

He's still here? I thought he left already... Wait, he isn't going to fire Baekhyun, right?!

"Mister Oh!" Baekhyun gaped and bowed deeply, Jongin quickly followed in suit. He descretely tried to wipe his now, profusely, sweating palms on his pants. Why was he back? Hadn't he mocked Jongin enough?

Despite Mister Oh's teasing tone, his expression was blank. "It was still a little pathetic, but nothing we can't work on. Right, Jongin?" Jongin assumed he was still talking about his ability to 'speak up'. Jongin felt a pang in his chest and averted his eyes. At this point, he couldn't even be angry at Mister Oh, he only spoke the truth. 

"Right." Jongin mumbled, he could feel his eyes stinging a bit but he blinked furiously to prevent any tears from escaping. Baekhyun noticed this and immediately went into his Hyung Defence Mode.

"With all due respect Mister Oh, that isn't an appropriate thing to say to your employee." Baekhyun said through clenched teeth, yeah this guy was their boss but he was about to make Jongin cry. No one is allowed to do that! Not under Baekhyun's watch.

Jongin shot a horrifed expression to Baekhyun, why was he sticking up for him? He could lose his job! Jongin wasn't worth that!

Sehun cocked an eyebrow at this, lazily pulling himself off the wall. "It's interesting for you to talk about what's appropriate in the workplace, Mr. Byun. You've probably been drinking a lot of hangover soup this wee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter