III. Molecules. ; Jisoo.

You Deserve The Whole Universe, But I am Just a Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's day had been stressful.

First, he had to take the runt of the problem for his cousin when their friend called him, yelling at him to find out where he was, to which Jisoo didn't even know either since he was out running errands since his roommate had a black hole of a stomach and forgot to buy groceries. Of course, Jisoo was too kind to snap back and just listened while flinching ever so often as his voice raised. Jisoo's been with him long enough to tell him what he wants to hear and calm him down with words of reassurance, but then he heard the door slam open on the other end of the call and that was his cue to hang up. With that, he ended up dropping off the groceries at his dorm, only to find it empty and head off to class since he lost track of time with the call.

His class was boring. Stressful because he didn't understand anything. Boring because he didn't understand anything either. Unsatisfying because he didn't retain anything. Regretting it later when he's back in his dorm to cry over textbooks he couldn't comprehend in class because he couldn't retain anything in class. 

For some reason, ever since he woke up, he had this foreboding feeling that he was going to regret getting out of bed. But that was like all days, though this one felt different. It was like something in his stomach dropped entirely and he was going to hate himself for leaving his bed. Jisoo managed to push himself out of that trance and get out of his bed and continue on his day. That really did prove regrettable once his bad luck managed to surface on this specific day. From coffee spills, late to his first class because he couldn't find food, grocery shopping and knocking over a display to forgetting where he put his card, getting yelled at by Jihoon and the lack of understanding in class; What else was there left for it to spoil his day?

Unfortunately, Jisoo jinxed himself by asking.himself that.

He was out on campus, on his way back to the dorm when his phone rang. His mother. He could already feel the stress crawling all over his body and clinging onto him for dear life until he was suffocating. His thumb hesitated over the answer button but he absentmindedly pressed down on it, "Hello?" his voice was meek; nervous even.

"My precious boy," she cooed over the phone, elongating the 'y' in boy. "How have you been?"

"Fine, mom, and you?" he asked softly, his head tilt to the side, even though she wasn't going to be able to see it.

"Fine! Wonderful! Thanks for asking." she chorused with a pleased hum, leaving him nervous.

"Is there a reason why you called...?" 

"My pride and joy, my everything, my hon-"

"Mother."

A sigh was heard on the other end and then silence blanketed them awkwardly before she began once more, "Do you have money?"

"You're asking me... for money?"

"Did I stutter?"

"No, I'm just flustered by the question because it wasn't long ago that you asked for money with a false reason and invested it in clubbing and meaningless things. ... Why do you need it this time?" 

"I've changed," she quipped, a huff being heard, "This is a better reason. You know how this household hasn't been doing quite well and so that's making dad work more..."

"And? What does that have to do with me?"

"Well, it involves you because... Well... How would you feel about a new addition to the family?"

"Like.. a dog?" he asked, raising one eyebrow as he kicked at the pavement, "Why are you guys suddenly investing in a dog?"

"Not a dog, but.. how would you feel about a new baby brother or sister?"

"Baby... Brother or sister?" he echoed, his throat tightening up, "Oh please tell me you're joking."

"I wish I was joking."

"Mom--" he began, feeling his breath quicken, "You know we can't afford that, you know that we can't even--"

"I know, I know, but Jisoo, please. I'm begging. Maybe this is a way to reconcile with your father. Having a new addition to the family and.. we'll be.. whole again. Doesn't that sound fantastic?"

"I don't know why you're trying so hard for a cheater." the word dripped out of his mouth without a care, a sneer having been heard.

"Love is crazy." she paused, "I'm definitely not supporting it but I love your father too much."

"Yeah," he retorted, "Love got me a slap or a punch to the face and covered in bruises when I was younger by my father," he snapped before sighing deeply, "I'll.. see what I can do. If it's for you.. I'll try to see what I can do. I have to go now, I have class," he lied, beginning to withdraw the phone from his ear.

"Bye, 'Soo, I love you and have a great day."

Click. 

His feet began to walk along the trail as his mind was bombarded with thoughts about that whole phone call. A new addition? They can't even handle their one addition 23 years ago; me. They meaning me. I was a surprised, but so will this child be. Is it.. going to be treated like how I was? Jisoo began to stress over the idea of that, feeling conflicted. Was he even ready to see a new addition to this family? It shouldn't affect him, but it was. His father was affecting him once more, as if he had to relive his whole childhood again. His throat tightened once more as he walked a little more clumsily. His vision was blurring. What is this feeling? What's happening? Oh dear God, what's happening? Fear crept up at him. Its metaphorical hands wrapped around his throat, tightening every second. He wasn't sure why his body decided to react this way. Was it the stress and the whole conversation with his mom that made him like this? He couldn't pinpoint in detail what caused this. Was he scared? Was he angry? Was he frustrated? He didn't know. 

His legs felt like jello, ready to collapse. And without realizing, he collapsed. Jisoo could hear a faint voice calling out to him and when he looked up through his blurred vision, he thought that he looked oddly familiar. It was like his body was already reacting on its own as his heart twisted painfully and his lung contractions got worse. His pants got worse, making it harder for him to breathe. That's when he heard his name; Hong Jisoo. That's me. Who are you? The quickest seconds had passed as his vision cleared and he saw the familiar face. Yoon Jeonghan. Oh no. Not again. No, I have to get away. No matter how much he struggled and fumbled, Jeonghan was adamant and his body wouldn't cooperate. All he could do was follow Jeonghan's words.

Though it wasn't long, it had felt like eternity. It felt like eternity of him being near Jeonghan. He hasn't seen him in years and he wasn't planning to ever see him again in his life. But here he was, basked in all his beautiful glory that was an instant envy. Once Jeonghan called for help, it took him long to realize and pleaded not to. He was surprised how easy it was for him to comply and the phone was turned off. "Hey so, I'm gonna need you to drink this." he picked up his slushee, swirling it around, "It tastes like ," he spoke bluntly, "But it's all I have," he slipped the straw into Jisoo's mouth, watching him take a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter