II. Protons, Electrons, and Neutrons. ; Jeonghan.

You Deserve The Whole Universe, But I am Just a Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At first, it was hard for Jeonghan to get past his father's orders.

It still was hard, especially because he always loses.

Despite attending university for quite a while, Jeonghan was finally residing inside a dorm, much to his dismay.

Jeonghan saw no use in living in the dormitory, sharing a room with someone, and residing in a whole building with other students he wasn't exactly fond of, but had to be fond of. Then again, he didn't bother socializing with anyone unless needed to. He had a whole plan set up for himself. He was going into the business major and take his rightful spot as heir. Unlike other kids, he didn't dream to become a vet, doctor, or some singer. He was influenced by his family's business and he always thought his father was the coolest behind the desk, barking out orders, answering calls, typing furiously, attending meetings, and flying out and visiting different places that were so new and foreign. Jeonghan recalled the various times he joined his mother and father on trips and the various relocations which caused him to move until his father took over as CEO in the Korea branch. Funny thing was, Jeonghan lived in America until he was seven, and after that, he lost all ability to speak English. But, he thought nothing of it. When it came to the family business, most kids would shrug it off or refuse any participation. As for Jeonghan, he wanted to claim his rights at age 10, but ultimately got rejected by his father. If Jeonghan was going to be heir, he had to play by his father's rules. Continue his education and then find someone. Someone special. 

It's been a couple of weeks since he's been living in the dorms. He has a roomate, but can he really call him his roomate? He barely sees him. Jeonghan only sees him when he wakes up in the morning or if he stays up around 2-3 AM, busting his off studying. It'd be a quick hello and then the younger would crash onto his own bed and out he was like a light. Jeonghan, being oh so considerate, would turn his light off and go to bed as well. He was majoring in music, if he remembers. He was half-American. Hansol was his name, but he went by Vernon mostly. It rolled off Jeonghan's tongue oddly every time he would say his name. It was weird, but oddly endearing. He wasn't sure how he felt about Vernon as a roomate. He was sort of messy but it was as if he was like a ghost. Always gone. He never even sees him on campus. He'd prefer a roomate that was right in the middle of being gone and present 24/7. Maybe even a friend, or acquaintance. Whatever suits him. 

So, it was weird getting a random text message from Vernon, asking him if he wants to meet up at the cafe near their university. Espresso Express. Jeonghan's been there a few times to study or just get a quick cup of something before heading off to class. It was the university's most infamous hangout spot, of course. Any time of the hour, it was packed. Passed closing time, Jeonghan wouldn't have believed it was a popular place -- it seemed so vacant, dark, and empty. That aside, he was standing in front of the building. It was bustling with life like always and the smell of coffee flitted into his nose. Pushing the door open, he heard the soft chime of the bell resonating above him. The smell of coffee seemingly grew and overwhelmed his senses.

"Jeonghan! Over here!"

His gaze was immediately met by Vernon's as well as being accompanied with his wide smile and waving hand before it was lowered by another male besides him, possibly scolding him about being too loud, embarrassing, or both. His smile was brief as he walked over, sliding into the vacant booth in front of them.

"So, you're Jeonghan," the other male paused, "I've heard so much about you!"

"That seems to be a lie," Jeonghan countered, quirking one eyebrow up, "Because I've never heard a single thing about you."

He looked at him deadpanned, arms crossed over his chest before a grin broke out on his face, "Huh. I like you already."

"Wow, high praise from someone I've just met."

"Anyway," Vernon cut in, looking between the two, "This is Seungkwan, my best friend."

There was a look in Seungkwan's eyes that Jeonghan couldn't have missed.

"Yes, his best friend." he muttered, extending his hand out to shake Jeonghan's, which he immediately grasped onto and shook, "I'll be seeing you around more often then."

I doubt it. he thought, eyeing them for a moment. Vernon's barely around, so it's possibly limited. He shrugged, "Likewise. I'll be looking forward to it."

Jeonghan was mindlessly drinking his coffee. It's been a while since they've been here. It was safe to assume it was just a meet-up to get to know one another. He liked Seungkwan, but he still was iffy. Vernon was interesting, he was gonna be entirely honest. He didn't expect to see something so - unique from his roomate. He had a tendency to space out, that was evident enough. It was almost like seeing a quarreling married couple. It amused him, but he also felt a bit awkward. Him being a newcomer and hanging out with roomate that brought along his best friend while they got lost in their own world, sometimes bringing him in. It was as if he didn't know if he was supposed to look or was he even allowed to look, was the question he should be asking.

It gave Jeonghan the time to adjust though. He never was able to sit back and relax or take in the cafe. It was lovely, he'll give them that. It was relaxing, comforting. He found out why it was the most beloved hangout on campus. Now that he actually lived near it, he wouldn't mind visiting from time to time to just hangout. It was modern, yet held a tint of vintage-ness to it. If that was how he could describe it. It was unique - not quite like Vernon. It was in its own main category.

The coffee hovered on his lips before he jumped once Vernon slammed his phone down, inhaling deeply. "I'm dead. I'm really dead. Kwannie -- I'm dead. Jeonghan, if I don't make it back to the dorm at all, you're a witness to my death." Vernon drawled on and on as he grabbed his phone once more, the light illuminating onto his face.

"Whoa, calm down, you're being dramatic." Seungkwan spoke, exasperated. "I'm supposed to be the dramatic one!"

"What's -- wrong?" Jeonghan choked out after a while as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter