I. PROLOGUE: The Nucleus.

You Deserve The Whole Universe, But I am Just a Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Am I going to die?'

The young boy's hands clutched at his biceps, weakly providing what little warmth his hands was able to keep in through his palms and coursing up to his nimble digits. He rubbed at his arm, creating friction as his skin rubbed lightly together, but only grew furious once the warmth didn't stay. Irritated, he furrowed his eyebrows, staring longingly at the water in front of him. He wasn't sure how long he's been walking around in the dimly lit forest that had a bank of water that lead out to the river, but its been a while. His legs hurt, his calves were throbbing, and he regretted wearing his new shoes he didn't have the time to break in beforehand. Picking up a rock, he threw it up lightly, letting it land back into his palm before clenching his jaw as he pulled back and threw it into the water, watching it skip against the shimmery body of water and eventually drop inside with a soft noise that echoed as the density dragged it down, with the rest of the rocks. Soon after, his fingers dug into his palm as his vision blurred with tears, biting down harshly on his bottom lip, latching onto it without any mercy, even if it throbbed with pain, only fueling his tears to keep coming.

"Don't cry, don't cry.." he muttered out to himself, inhaling deeply and then exhaling before sniffling, wiping his eyes with his forearms, "You're a big boy.. and.. and.. Big boys don't cry!" he nodded, confirming his own words as resolution grasped his body, continuing his walk.

It all started with a walk to the park. It was the only day off his parents had and they went to have a small picnic in the park and catch up with family time that they lacked. Having been the only child, he gets a little lonely sometimes, and his parents noticed, every time they'd come home from a business trip and be greeted by their quiet son. What else could they do aside from rekindling their bond with a simple outing. He thrived off the experience. He played on the playset, chased after other kids once he was able to join their games, and encouraged his parents to push him on the swings. It wasn't until the curious boy went up to the older kids and asked them to play with him. He didn't realize their mischevious gazes, grins that were permanently etched on their faces as they looked at each other, a plan brewing almost immediately.

"You wanna play with us?"

"Yes!"

"Alright, but you have to prove how much you do and if you can join our group. We don't just invite anyone."

"I want to join!" he cried out, hands forming into fists as he triumphantly rose his small fists into the air and then beat down on his chest, determined.

"Well, since you want to get in so bad.." the kid had a small lisp within his words and he thought it was a little funny but pretty cool, "You see that forest?" his finger outstretched into the forest that loomed before him, reigning an ominous glow to it that made anyone want to turn away, but he was a big kid, so he couldn't! "They say.. There's a wishing star hiding in that forest and it will grant all your wishes! If you bring it back to us, you can play with us and even join our group, got it?"

".. That's all?" he asked, his voice trembling slightly, earning a nod from them.

"That's all!" a hand nudged the younger boy as he grinned, "Safe travels, little boy."

The child trudged along slowly, peering over his shoulder, earning an encouraging thumbs up from them before he nodded, lips pursed as his eyes widened, nodding slowly, "I've got it!" he chorused out and ran in, without thinking twice. His little legs and feet ran as fast as they could, getting farther and farther away from the entrance, and as soon as he got tired, his steps came into a slow jog that eventually turned into a walk. His head whipped around, unsure of where he was, even when he tried to retrace his steps. Before he knew it, the night sky started to shine through the tree branches, the sound of the crickets chirping and rustle from the leaves, leaving him absolutely petrified. And that's how it started. 

Continuing his walk, he had to drag his feet, despite them aching. It was probably blistered up by now. His vision was still blurred with tears as he walked, following the small pathway, even as he stumbled against the roots of the tree. All he wanted was his parents to come and find him and take him back home. It's been so long. His stomach was grumbling and he was on the verge of falling asleep, he just wanted to go home and never come back here again if he was just gonna get lost again. He swore he was going to yell at those kids when he sees

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter