Chapter 5

He who loves him

Chen hurled himself through the crowds in order to find Baekhyun.

“Scuse me, coming through, pardon!” He shouted while tumbling through the many elbows which endangered his eyeballs. Seeing as how he wasn’t getting anywhere, he took a deep breath and cupped his mouth with his hands.

“YOU PEOPLE NEED TO MOVE THE OVER BEFORE I BULLDOZE YOUR ASSES!” That seemed to have a magical effect as the sea of people slowly made a path for him. He took a quick huff and was soon power walking through the halls. While patrolling one of the many hallways in search of Baekhyun he spotted his target outside near the pool. He immediately walked towards the door that was the entrance to the pool. He jumped outside and started stomping towards Baekhyun who was peacefully resting with Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun was enjoying his resting moment with Chanyeol. The past few days have been full of new experiences and he wanted to reflect on them. He made so many new friends that were so talented and he was really grateful that he could be a part of their life. He shifted in his seat so he was now facing Chanyeol. The giant was enjoying the slight breeze that had settled in.

“Thanks for tonight Chanyeol, I’ll remember this day forever.” Baekhyun said with a gentle smile.

Chanyeol detected a slight sadness in his tone and became nervous and worried. “Hey, it’s all good. You were the one with the vocals, I didn’t do anything. Why are you talking like that. It sounds like you’re going to leave the group..” He said while pouting a little. Baekhyun laughed at how childish Chanyeol looked compared to his height. “I’m not going anywhere. I promise.” Chanyeol wanted to believe his words. He really wanted to. But his heart still held doubts about the promise.

The pair looked up and saw a sour looking Chen storming towards them. “Where have you been?! Do you realize how many times I circled the premises just to find that your little was nicely seated near the damn pool. GAWD!” Chanyeol instinctively sat up straight and so did Baekhyun. For some reason Chen seemed to be mad at them. “Did we have to do something?” Chanyeol asked with a meek voice. They both watched as Chen took both their bottles and chugged them down before finally relaxing. “NO…….no…...I just……..I’m worried about….” He tried to continue talking but seeing how clueless Baekhyun was stopped him. He didn’t want him to worry about haters who didn’t even know the guy. “Nevermind, I just wanted to find someone to talk to.” Chen had grabbed a chair and plopped himself in between the two still hogging both their water bottles. Baekhyun laughed at how childish the both of them looked. Chanyeol was trying to save his bottle from chen who was threatening to bite his finger off. “You both are so immature.” He squealed. Chen stopped staring at Chanyeol’s index finger and turned towards the happy Baekhyun. “Oh yeah? And how old are you?”

“I’m 17 and proud to say born in May.”

“That means you’re only a few months older than us so stop acting like we don’t go to the same year” Chen said while pointing at himself and Chanyeol.

The three continued to joke around until Chen felt a presence behind him. He whipped his head around only to be met up with a face full of blonde curls.

“Woah girl, step back before I inhale all of your hairspray.” Chen said while trying to move away.

“Oh sorry about that, didn’t notice you there, JONGDAE.” Aisha said with obvious malice. “The names Chen! But I don’t think you would remember something so simple since your brain isn’t even fully developed.” Chen sassed while turning back towards the table. “I didn’t quite catch that, JONGDAE, would you mind not speaking bull.” She retorted. “Well maybe you should stop contaminating your hair with chemicals cause it seems like it’s already having effects on your hearing.” Chen replied with a smirk. Aisha gave Chen a dirty look but decided not to delve any deeper. She put on a sickly sweet smile and turned towards Chanyeol. “Hey Chanyeol, you were amazing tonight. I was wondering if you could teach me how to perform like you guys.” Chanyeol looked around awkwardly and cleared his throat. “Well if you want to perform then you can go ask the others. I’m not the best at dancing so you shouldn’t learn from me.”

“That’s okay. I want to know how to play the guitar. And I would be over the moon if you were willing to teach me.” She said while snaking her hand on his arm. “How about you stay below the moon cause Chanyeol doesn’t have time for a talentless prick like you.” Chen said as he had enough of this disgusting scene. Chen got up from his seat and grabbed Chanyeol’s arm. “You’re coming with me to the food table, if I leave you here with Aisha than she might start you like the dog she is.” Chen hissed as he dragged a very confused giant with him. “Baekhyun, stay here and guard Chanyeol’s water bottle. She might that too.” Baekhyun gave a small nod and watched the two drift off. His gaze slowly trailed towards the girl. When he looked at her eyes that were staring directly at him, he immediately looked down and occupied himself with his fingers. “So, you’re baekhyun?” He nodded while continuing to stare at is fingers. Aisha slid into Chanyeol’s seat and plopped her elbows on the table so she could rest her head in her hand. “How long have you known Chanyeol? You guys seem pretty close.” Baekhyun’s heart went ecstatic as she continued talking to him. “Uh.. We’re roommates… so...we kinda just got really close with each other… yesterday.” He mumbled while trying to calm his nerves. “Roommates? I see…..” Aisha stared off into the distance before turning her gaze back on Baekhyun. “I hope we get along and become friends.” Baekhyun looked up and saw a pearl white smile and an extended hand. He wrapped his hands around hers and gave two quick pumps before letting go. Aisha continued smiling while she said bye to baekhyun and told him to have a fun rest of the night. His heart fluttered with every breath he took. She was gorgeous. She was pretty. She was…...just his type.


 

    Kai tossed a ball into a paper cup and it landed perfectly. The group roared and he received a massive clap on the back from Kyungsoo. “That was perfect. I knew it was a good idea to bet on you!” He cheered while showing one of his beautiful heart smiles. Kai wrapped an arm around his neck. “Then you should continue counting on me cause I’ll win it all for you.” He said with a cute smile. Kyungsoo laughed, “Then I’ll continue supporting you.” The crowd cheered and a few started shouting for them to hug it out. The two opened their arms and embraced each other. During their moment of skinship Kai leaned towards Kyungsoo’s ears. “Always?” He asked. “Always.”Kyungsoo replied firmly. Kai shifted his head so his face was now tucked in between Kyungsoo’s neck and shoulders. No one could see that he was smiling that an idiot.

 

Across the hall was the dance floor that was flooded by teenagers. Suho was near the center of the stage and Lay was in front of him. Both were joking around and flapping their arms. Junmyeon spun and jumped to the beat. Lay watched and tried to copy but was soon shocked by the moves of the other. He chuckled and pulled Junmyeon a little closer as the other dancers were trying to not get hit by the spinning guy. “Hyung, you shouldn’t move too far away from me.” Junmyeon gave a smile and nodded before breaking into a wave. This made Lay laugh louder and caused him to join in on the body waves.

 

Sehun was mauling over the muffins that were located near the buffet table. He took a bite out of his third one but almost spit it out when he saw what Junmyeon and Lay were doing just a few feet away. Before he could completely swallow of the contents in his mouth, Chen slapped his shoulder and that caused him to cough. “Ew… gross. Turn the other way. “ Chen said as he pushed Sehun to cough in the other direction. “Mmp, mm mwmnf frwnt moof.” Sehun said in the midst of coughing. Chanyeol snickered at the sight of a struggling Sehun while he patted his back to soothe the coughs. By the time Sehun had calmed down, Chen was already filling up phis plate. “You surprised me hyung, I could’ve choked and died.” Sehun said defensively. “Oh please, stop being over dramatic and help me with something.” Chen finished filling up his plate and pulled the two into a vacant corner. “I want the both of you to watch out for Baekhyun. I feel like something is gonna happen to the guy. I already started hearing some pretty nasty things about him and I don’t want him to be affected by it.” Chen said in a whispering tone. Both of the boys nodded and agreed to look out for him. “Were they trying to harm him?” Chanyeol asked with hesitance. Chen shook his head. “Nah, just being really rude and calling him a is all. I just don’t want this to continue happening. I know we can handle the hate but the poor guy was shaking on stage. Imagine how shaken up he’ll be when he hears about the nasty labels some hoes are putting on him.” Chen muttered while angrily stuffing a muffin in his mouth. Chanyeol and Sehun looked at each other before deciding to leave the diva to his binging session.

 

Xiumin was lightly chatting with Luhan. They were somewhere near the entrance. They were going to move to a different room due to the increasing crowd but was halted by a loud shout of anger. A girl was stomping past them with heels in hand and messed up mascara smeared her face. “Maya wait! Please, you don’t understand! We were never together!” A boy chased after her. After hearing that, the girl spun around and jabbed her finger into his chest. “You promised me that your heart belonged to me. You promised me that I could……..we could….in the future…*sniff*..how could you.” By the end of that sentence, tears had started swelling in her eyes. “And you’re just going to forget because of that Byun !” She screamed while pushing him back. “Guess what Scott, you shouldn’t have played with my heart like that. You don’t realize what you’ve done, do you?” She hissed before throwing open the doors and stalking towards her car.

Luhan watched as Scott pulled himself off the ground while cursing. “That …..”

Both of the boys watched as the Scott walked off to grab a beer. “Wow, that was embarrassing.”

Xiumin nodded with Luhan’s statement but then his eyes widened. “Wait, when she was talking about a ‘byun ’..it couldn’t mean..” Their eyes got wide as they realized who she was talking about. “Should we tell him?” “....no, let’s wait and see. If she does anything then we'll talk. If its a baseless threat then let’s not make it into a big deal.”

The two nodded at each other and continued to chat but made sure to stay alert for any other disturbances.

Image result for chanbaek