chapter 11

He who loves him

 

“Its too tight!” Kris wheezed as he was being fitted into a suit. The man adjusted the collar and stared at Kris. “Hmmm, I don’t think this is your color. How about midnight black?” He suggested while pointing to the other suits that were lined upon the walls.

“Okay, first of all every color looks stunning on me and second I would like to try on clothes that actually fit me!”

“Chill hyung, I think you look best with dark colors. Afterall, only someone as fit as me can make gray look sharp.” Sehun said while admiring his side profile in the mirror. Kris swiftly threw his dress shirt at Sehun’s head while glancing over at the others. Chen was skimming through a binder full of new issues of garments and other accessories while Xiumin was staring at the hats and belts section with no interest. Kai was in the middle of changing into a white casanova piece when Kyungsoo mentioned that dark colors looked better on him. This prompted the dancer to quickly move away from the lighter colors and straight to where his other half was examining some black shirts.

“I need someone to tie this for me.” Chanyeol said while coming out of the dressing room. Around his neck was a sad attempt at knotting a tie.

“Wow Chanyeol. You made knotting a tie seem like a master trade.” Chen said while slowly walking towards him. He reached over Chanyeol’s neck and tugged on the mess.

“You’re supposed to make this side a bit longer than the other.” He quickly adjusted it and tugged and pulled until it took the shape of a tie.

“There we go……..You should choose a different color.”Chanyeol peered at himself in the mirror and agreed with Chen. He quizzically looked at the row of ties. Soon enough all of them looked the same. He grabbed the closest one and started loosening the one around his neck.

“Choose a different one Yeol. That one makes you look uptight.”Baekhyun said while lounging on the sofa. Chanyeol stared at the tie in his hand and then stared at the ones on the shelves. “So should I not have a tie since they’ll make me look uptight?” He asked Baekhyun. Baekhyun stopped flipping through the men’s fashion magazine and shuffled over to Chanyeol.

“These colors will make you look old. These patterns are boring. And this one is of a terrible material. Come over here.” He gently tugged on Chanyeol’s arm and pulled him into a corner. Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol was struggling with the knot and laughed.

“Yeol, it’ll get stuck if you pull it like that.” He reached up to the knot and began tugging it slightly. Chanyeol watched as delicate hands were seemingly right on his chest. His eyes strayed towards Baekhyun’s face and he watched as the details of his were focused on the task at hand. Every slight tug resulted in the small furrow of the eyebrows. His tongue flicked out a little whenever his hands moved towards the neck. Chanyeol continued staring and didn’t realize that his own hands had begun to encircle the little vocal. His hands landed on the other’s waist as Baekhyun was startled by the sudden intimacy but did not stop fixing his tie. The tie finally became undone and Baekhyun let out a breath of relief. He reached over to the other ties but the hands around his waist didn’t budge.

“Um, I need to get something over there.” He said quietly as the memories of what happened in their room came flooding back with immense vividness. The small breaths from the giant that gently fanned over his bangs caused a sense of deja vu and a pink hue quickly set on his cheeks. He lowered his head and gave a tiny push to the chest in front of him. That only caused him to be pulled closer into Chanyeol’s arms.

“Do you remember what I said in our room?” Chanyeol whispered into his ear. The low voice caused goosebumps to appear on Baekhyun’s neck. He gave a slight nod but still didn’t lift his head as his cheeks still felt hot. Chanyeol noticed the slight blush that was creeping to Baekhyun’s ears and smiled.

“I’ll work hard.” Chanyeol said while letting go of his waist. The little beagle stumbled over to the shelves to examine the other ties. Chanyeol found a chair to sit in while waiting for his roommate. Sehun strutted over and plopped himself next to Chanyeol.

“Isn’t flirting in public embarrassing?” Chanyeol shrugged and watched Baekhyun ponder over the different sizes.

“It felt right so I went for it. Besides, you should be talking about PDA with Kyungsoo and Kai. I don’t think they realize that their little makeout sessions behind the pants aren’t very secretive.” Chanyeol pointed to a row of pants. Slight movements were seen and Sehun could make out a slim figure with another.

“Remind me to buy pants from another row.” Sehun said while giving the two lovers a disapproving look.

“Why are we trying so hard for some suits? Didn’t Baekhyun’s mom say that we would have outfits prepared for us?” Luhan asked while the employee took his measurements.

“This is just a backup. We are going to meet her tonight for a dinner to discuss what’s going to happen at the gala.” Junmyeon said while adjusting the collar for lay.

“Hyung, how do I look?” Lay asked while twirling slowly to give him a good look. He did a few more spins for Junmyeon.

“I think this suits you. Lay and I are going to go look at the watches and accessories. Holler if you need me for anything.” Junmyeon prompted while tugging on Lay’s hand. Chanyeol saw the warm smile Lay plastered on while being pulled away by the leader. It gave him a sense of loneliness and he immediately looked over at his roommate who was still busy looking at ties.

“You okay?” Sehun asked with a hint of worry. “You look like you're about to be abandoned.” Chanyeol had unconsciously knitted his eyebrows together and was pouting while staring longingly at Baekhyun.

“He's too far away.” Chanyeol sighed. Sehun patted Chanyeol’s shoulder and gave a deep sigh. “all this love is making you loopy hyung. Can’t you see he is only a few feet away?”

Chanyeol continued to stare at Baekhyun. Although he could have very easily reached baekhyun with a few strides there was a feeling that stopped him. Chanyeol only knew him for a short time. Too short to fall in love. He questioned how these feelings came to be. His very gaze could make Chanyeol lose his breath while every touch sent tingles straight to his heart. Chanyeol stared at his hands and wondered if he had become gay for real. He quickly stood up and walked straight to where Kai and Kyungsoo had just finished their kissing session.

“Kai I need your help.” Chanyeol hollered with a wild look in his eyes.

Kai took a cautious step back. “I don’t like the look in your eyes hyung. Why don’t you calm down and tell me if what you need me to do is legal or not.” Kai said while making sure Kyungsoo was behind him. Chanyeol took a few deep breaths and ruffled his hair until the crazy look in his eyes fazed out.

“I …...I just need to confirm something. I hope you don’t mind Kyungsoo but I need to borrow Kai’s body for a minute.” Chanyeol said with a very calm voice which made it creepier. This time Kyungsoo stepped in front of Kai.

“Just because you like Kai doesn’t mean you can take him. I already told you that we are dating. You CANNOT sleep with him! He’s mine and no matter what you say I will punch you if you think-”

“Kyungsoo stop! I’m not gonna sleep with him. I just need to...hug him and touch his hands.”Chanyeol said this while his voice got quieter and quieter as he finished his sentence. Kai and Kyungsoo looked at each other with a confused face.

“Chanyeol, may I ask why you want to hug Kai?” Kyungsoo said while leaning his body on the shelves.

“I’ll tell you after I get my hug and hand touch.” Chanyeol stated firmly. Kai shrugged and opened his arms for Chanyeol to walk into them. Chanyeol slowly wrapped his arms around Kai’s back. It was firm and smooth. He emitted a soft but refreshing smell from around the neck and his hands were placed near the center of Chanyeol’s back. Once Chanyeol had completely absorbed Kai’s hug he let go and proceeded to touch the dancer’s hands. They were slightly rough neart the side of the palms but everything else was soft and warm. The golden skin that enwrapped the hands was a delicate color. He traced Kai’s fingers with his hands and noticed how long his finger’s were. Chanyeol continued to play with Kai’s fingers until he got what he needed and let go with a smile. Once again Kai took a step back after seeing a random smile come from Chanyeol after touching his hands.

“So? What were you trying to confirm?” Kyungsoo asked still leaning on the shelves of clothes.

Chanyeol’s smile got even bigger as he said, “I’m not gay.” Kyungsoo gave him the most unamused look ever. Chanyeol turned towards Baekhyun’s direction.

“I’m Baekual.” As soon as those words left his mouth Chanyeol strode toward Baekhyun leaving a very confused Kai and a Kyungsoo who almost slipped off the shelf that he was leaning on.

 

After the boys were happy with what they bought they decided to have a snack before going back to the dormitory. Kris and Junmyeon went to go purchase the food while the rest settled down near the back of the restaurant. They all had bags containing their new suits and had changed into more comfortable attire. It seemed as they had arrived during rush hour and so many people were queued up before kris and Junmyeon had even arrived. The rest of them decided to practice their table manners.

“Does the fork go on the left or right?” Tao asked dumbly while imagining how the table would look.

“You’re not the one who is setting the table.” Sehun said. “What we should be worrying about is what to call the woman!”

Everyone fell silent for a moment to think about it. Baekhyun pondered over this.

“Why not mother?” He asked.

“Why should I call her mother?” Chen gave a weird look.

“No. I’m saying I’ll call her mother. You can call her whatever you like. She’ll probably like it if you called her ‘your majesty’.”Baekhyun explained while looking indifferent.

“Then how about Ms. B! It’s got just the right friendliness and edge.” Chen said while feeling pleased with himself. The boys discussed how to greet and what kind of mannerisms were appropriate for their dinner date with Baekhyun’s mother. All the while Sehun noticed how close Chanyeol was sticking to Baekhyun. Their shoulders were practically touching. It was also weird that Chanyeol hadn’t uttered a single syllable after leaving the clothing store. Sehun kicked the giant’s shin under the table which lead to Chanyeol letting out a sudden cry of pain that was overshadowed by the loud yelling of Chen and Tao who were bickering about something. Baekhyun noticed the sad whimpering of Chanyeol who was slowly rubbing his leg under the table.

“Yeol, you okay?”’ Baekhyun asked while trying to see which part of Chanyeol was harmed.

“Yeah...Just..fine.” Chanyeol gasped between breaths while sending piercing glares at Sehun who looked amused. Baekhyun reached down where Chanyeol’s hands were and started rubbing in the same area.

“Did you hit this part?” Baekhyun asked while continuously rubbing Chanyeol’s shin. Chanyeol’s eyes widened while his mouth couldn’t find words to say.

“I, uh..um n- no?” Chanyeol squeaked. Baekhyun took that as the cue to move his hands on another part of his leg.

“What about here?” This time his hands slid up to where Chanyeol’s knee was. As soon as Baekhyun started rubbing his knee Chanyeol trembled slightly. This time he didn’t have the energy to form words.

“Auhm..ssah” Chanyeol muttered incoherently. Baekhyun gave him a quizzical look but didn’t stop massaging.

“Is it not here either?” His hand traveled further upward till it was covering Chanyeol’s thigh. At this moment Chanyeol tensed up so much that Sehun almost got cramps from trying to keep in the laughter. Soon enough Junmyeon and Kris both arrived with drinks in hand. Kris noticed how intimate Chanyeol and Baekhyun were.

“Why are you doing this in a restaurant?” He asked while passing out the drink to others. Baekhyun didn’t seem to notice that the question was aimed towards him and continued to soothe Chanyeol’s thigh. Kris tried to ask again but Sehun pulled him over.

“Stop it hyung, this is entertaining.” Sehun said while staring at the roommates. Kris rolled his eyes and tapped Chanyeol’s foot. The giant looked up with eyes that screamed for backup. Kris almost choked at how helpless Chanyeol was but as a good friend he decided to end this.

“Hey Baekhyun. You doing anything on Saturday?” Baekhyun stopped focusing his attention on Chanyeol’s legs and shook his head.

“Then why don’t you try out for the singing competition. It’ll be real easy for any of our groups vocals to win.” Kris said while showing him the rules on his phone. Baekhyun reached out to study the online pamphlet. Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief. But just as quickly as Baekhyun had let go of Chanyeol’s leg, the giant had draped his arm over the little one and began reading what the pamphlet said. This time it was Baekhyun’s turn to freeze and turn red. Kris wanted to facepalm onto the table but someone had set their bag right in front of him. The bag had also dragged a person that was decorated in designer brands from head to toe. Kris tried to slide the bag away from his face.

“Um, this table is taken so can you move your bag?” Kris asked while getting slightly annoyed that the girl didn’t realize he was sitting there already. The girl was wearing shades so he dismissed it as a sight problem. Still the girl seemed to ignore kris’s request and stared in the direction of Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The two seemed like they were in their own world of blushes and soft words. She whipped of her shades but she only drew attention from the other members. Mostly Sehun’s. He recognized the snobby stance and overly done hair. The envious eyes also seemed familiar. His mind slowly reeled through his memories until..

“MAYA?!” Sehun shouted. This made Baekhyun and Chanyeol simultaneously look up from Kris’s phone to give the diva the attention she wanted. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and gave a confident smile.

“I’m glad you can still smile and have fun with your little friends byun. It’ll just make it all the more worthwhile to see me destroy it.” She said this while looking at her manicured nails.

“My daddy just signed a huge contract and I’m planning to get my school back without a like you stinking up the halls.” Maya said while triumphantly crossing her arms.

Baekhyun seemed unaffected by this and continued to sip his coffee. Maya was furious at how unbothered he seemed.

“Why don’t you ever get scared? Don’t you realize I’m about to snatch everything you have and kill your reputation?” She half shrieked half threatened. Chanyeol was already shaking at how menacing she seemed. Chen was annoyed at how this girl interrupted his peaceful afternoon. No one gets away from him without a few nasty words.

“Just wondering but is the ‘daddy’ you’re referring to the one that birthed you or the one you’re sleeping with.” Every head at the table turned. Chen was shocked. He was shocked that such a brilliant comeback didn’t come from him but Baekhyun. The little vocal slowly rose out of his seat and gave a good head to toe look at her.

“You should have just picked a color and stuck with it. Just because you sold your entire closet to buy a set of clothes mannequins wear at gucci doesn’t mean you’ll look good in it.”

Now Chen had a hand over his mouth to hide the gleeful smile. He couldn’t believe the soft little Baekhyun who once kept his head down while walking around at school was such a diva. He began to give a slow clap but his hands were soon drenched with cold bitter coffee. Not only his hands but also his head and torso were stained with remnants of kris’s beverage. Maya had thrown the drink at the Chen who looked delighted at her embarrassment. She didn’t realize she had started a war.