Chapter 2

He who loves him

 

Chapter 2:

 

He was excited. Very. VERY excited. He hasn’t had a roommate since he started here and he had always wanted one. He led Baekhyun inside and switched on the lights. Baekhyun tumbled towards the empty bed with his suitcase while Chanyeol grabbed his other bags and set then down next to the desk.

“alright so when living in the dorms you have a curfew which is 12 am but no one really follows it so you can just ignore that. Dinner is seven from 6 to 8. Any later and you'll have to go out and buy your own food. Me and the rest of the guys sit at this one table in the corner. We're really loud so you can't miss us. OH! You also can't have on my bed!”

 

Baekhyun had been listening and nodding along the entire time until chanyeol said that last sentence. Before chanyeol could react a pillow was sent towards his face and a pouty baekhyun was seen huffing away to unpack.

 

Chanyeol helped unpack and soon they both agreed to go down to the cafeteria to meet up with their friends. It wasn't hard to spot them as Sehun was in the middle of throwing grapes at Tao and an exhausted Kris was screaming to tell them to stop before a fruit pellet could land on his new outfit.

 

“ sehun, I swear if you get a single drop of that damn fruit on these shoes, I will personally order all the goddamn grapes in this school and drown you in them!!” a furious kris said.

“meh. I could use a swim in some juice. Tao, grape at two o clock!!” Tao turned his head while getting ready to deflect the offensive fruit.

“guys, stop. Your making a mess eveywhere!” luhan squealed while ducking for the deflected grape.

Chanyeol ushered baekhyun to two empty seats and decided to get both their dinners.

“wait here. I'll get us some food.”

Baekhyun sat obediently and watched the chaos die down.

“so, who you rooming with? Don't tell me you have to room with that hormonal guy. Eugh!” chen made a disgusted face and shuddered. He didn't want anyone to experience what he did.

“ haha. No. Thankfully I room with chanyeol.” Baekhyun gave a genuine smile full of gratitude.

Everyone stared at him for a while.

“you've got a nice smile. You should do that more. Smile I mean.” kai said in between bites. Kyungsoo and xiumin nodded in agreement.

“ oh. Um thanks. Chanyeol said that too. I'm just not used to having so many friends so I'm kind of awkward right now.”

“oh? What about your old school?” kyungsoo asked.

“it's …..complicated.” baekhyun's face grew dark and stiff but soon turned into a small smile “but that doesn't matter now cause I'm planning to enjoy my time here for the next two years!” he said while wiggling in his seat which earned a few smiles from the group.

 

Chanyeol got back from buying their dinner and noticed how open baekhyun was to everyone. Maybe the kid wasn't as shy as he thought. He was laughing loudly and seemed very content. For some reason, Baekhyun’s smile flashed in his mind and that almost caused him to run into a trashcan.

 

Sehun and Kai noticed Chanyeol almost make a fool of himself and couldn’t help but snicker. They both looked over at who Chanyeol was zoning out over and it landed on Baekhyun’s head. With a smirk Kai raised his fork to point at Baekhyun and said “So, what do you think of your roommate?”

 

Baekhyun stopped eating to think about his relationship with Chanyeol. Were they already friends or were they not that close yet? “I don’t know. He seems nice and friendly. Someone who is easy to get along with I guess.” Kai wasn’t satisfied with something so typical. “No I mean as like a, you know, man.” He said while wiggling his eyebrows. Sehun was laughing hysterically at the situation while Baekhyun was speechless.

 

Before he could answer, Chanyeol arrived at his seat and handed Baekhyun his food. “Here, I thought you might like this. …….Why is Kai making a face at you?” chanyeol asked. “Hyung, I was just asking Baekhyun about what he thinks of you..as a man~.”Kai sing- songed while Sehun was smacking the table and almost falling out of his seat. “I THINK CHANYEOL WOULD BE A WONDERFUL BOYFRIEND TO HAVE. ihavetogonow, istillhavestufftounpackBYE!” Baekhyun screamed while sprinting of to the dorms.

“Dude, chill with the teasing. He is still new so he probably is still on edge.” chanyeol scolded Kai.

“Relax, he can handle it. I can tell from his aura or whatever. I’m pretty sure he is very outgoing once we get to know him.” Sehun said while chugging down his water bottle.

“Yeah, in the time when you were getting his food we found out a lot of info on the guy. He’s pretty interesting to hang out with.” Xiumin said. Chanyeol wondered if he and Baekhyun could get closer as roommates soon.


 

Chanyeol was drying his hair after taking a relaxing shower and had only a pair of sweatpant on when he stepped out of the bathroom. Baekhyun however was too busy doing something on his computer to notice his roommate entering the room. Chanyeol was curious about what Baekhyun was so focused on and so he leaned down and noticed that he was playing a game. And very well too. Baekhyun had expertly shot at the enemies and maneuvered skillfully with the the mouse and arrow keys. “You’re pretty experienced with this kind of thing, huh?”

“Yeah, been playing games like these since I was small.”

Chanyeol watched Baekhyun play for a few more minutes before telling him to quickly take his shower. Baekhyun complied and walked off into the bathroom. Chanyeol stayed near Baekhyun’s desk and started playing on his phone until a ding was heard. He peered over at Baekhyun’s phone and read the text message

You can't hide from us forever, byun.

Chanyeol stared at the phone and grew worried that Baekhyun was involved in something dangerous. The bathroom door opened and a refreshed looking Baekhyun stepped out and walked over to his desk to continue his game. Chanyeol was worried about Baekhyun seeing the text message so he had erased it. He had climbed onto his bed and was now laying down staring at the ceiling, bored out of his mind.

“Hey Baekhyun, wanna talk?”

Baekhyun paused the game and turned around. “Sure, about what?”

“Anything, anything at all.”

“Okay then how about what kind of girl you like.”

“I guess the cute and soft ones. They have a nice smile too. That’s the important part.What about you.”

“I go for the cheerful and petite looking ones.”

“Alright next, any siblings?”

Baekhyun shook his head slightly “nope, only me and my parents.”

“Oh well, I have a sister, my mom, and my dad.”

“Does your sister go to this school?”

“Nah, she already graduated college and is just starting her job as a news anchor.”

“Wow, what do your parents do? Do they also go on T.V.?”

“Haha, no, they run an italian restaurant and a cafe. What about your parents?”

“Oh the usual. They do business stuff and ...yeah” Chanyeol could sense this was a sensitive topic and so he didn’t pry any further. They continued chatting until they started talking about their embarrassing childhood memories. It was late when they both fell asleep. Baekhyun fell into a bliss slumber as he truly enjoyed the presence of Chanyeol. Maybe this will help with the scars on his heart.

 

Morning came and the boys rushed to their classes. Suho, kyungsoo, Xiumin. And lay were in the advanced classes. Tao, sehun, and kai, were in the same class. And kris, chen, chanyeol, luhan, and Baekhyun were in one class. The day went by smoothly for chanyeol as he had gotten closer to baekhyun. A small part of him wondered why he cared so much about the little guy but he didn't mind taking care of him. It was fun. Baekhyun was entertaining and hilarious at times so he was very likeable to the group. Chanyeol did notice that he tended to stay quiet when he wasn't around the bandmates.

The afternoon had set in and the bell rang for dismissal. Right after baekhyun had slipped on his backpack Chen swung his arm around baekhyun and started leading him outside the campus. “time to get those bangs chopped off my little one. Prepare to let your forehead breathe since forever!” chen was excitingly trotting off into the direction of a salon. Baekhyun gently pushed open the Door to the shop and a small wave of sweet fragrances wafted out. The store was decorated in warm grays and blue tones. It gave the store a chic and stylish zest with the Many mirrors and lights that flooded the walls. An employee ushered baekhyun into a seat to begin working. While he sat there getting a trim, more bandmates filed into the store and gave him a small wave or smile. Kai even got his hair dyed as he thought his current look was getting old. After a half hour of waiting, many members decided to change up their looks since they too were bored and thought a new look would be interesting. After everyone was done they waited for the grand reveal of baekhyun's new hair. The employee gracefully spun the chair around to reveal the new hairdo. Sitting on the chair, was now a blonde baekhyun, the hair was parted on the side which gave him a more mature look than. Before. Everyone hooted in approval.

“looking snazzy!” “What a fine specimen you are BB!” “Talk about glow up!” Baekhyun shyly bowed but was filled with a new air of confidence that came with the hair. He loved it. And he wasn't the only one who loved it. Chanyeol was staring at Baekhyun the whole entire walk home.

 

Image result for chanbaek memes