Phonecall

Autumn Leaves

“Hyung?”

Jimin said as he slowly opened the door and peeked inside the apartment. “Anybody home?”

“Come in, Jimin.”

Stepping inside, Jimin saw Yoongi sitting on the floor with a microwave oven in front of him, his toolbox by his side.

“What’s wrong?” Jimin asked even though he guessed the situation.

“Ask your Namjoon hyung.”

Just as he thought. “He broke something again?” Jimin asked as he laughed. He was aware of his hyung’s clumsiness.

“You have no idea what it’s like to live with him Jiminie. I am living with a person who breaks a microwave trying to make a goddamn pizza. Who even told him to cook? I swear to god I-“

“Calm down, hyung.” Jimin smiled.

“NO. I will NOT calm down. I am done with this. I’m moving ou- Oh is that cake?”

Jimin tightly held on to the box of cake in his hand. “For Namjoon hyung. Don’t you dare.”

Yoongi sighed dramatically. ”Ah Jiminah……..you don’t love me at all…….fine then. Go away. Go to your beloved hyung. He’s in his room.”

The door was half open. Jimin could see a tall, blonde figure sitting on the bed, with an open book in front of him. Kim Namjoon, the smartest person Jimin had ever met in his entire life. The top of his class,  was also blessed with excellent public speaking skills. He often helped out Jimin with his studies.

He also had another talent he wasn’t very proud of. He somehow managed to break stuff by barely touching them. And his friends also never missed the opportunity to mock him about it. Hoseok even named him the “God of destruction.”

“Who’s there?”

“It’s me.”

“Oh.”

“Disappointed?” Jimin teased. “You wanted Seokjin hyung to come?”

Namjoon’s intellectual self was quite vulnerable when it came to his feelings. Jimin recently came to know about his little crush on one of his classmates, Kim Seokjin.

Being flustered, Namjoon protested, “Woah where did that come from? It’s not what you think Jimin I don’t like him okay?”

“I never said that.”

“…”

Jimin laughed. So obvious, this hyung. ”I brought cake.”

“Thanks a lot Jimin. You’re so nice. I wish my roommate was more-“

“What about your roommate huh?” Yoongi yelled from the living room.

“Don’t eavesdrop when we’re talking hyung.” Jimin stepped up to protect the blonde from Yoongi’s wrath.

“So how’s your health now? Are you eating well?”

“Yeah. I’ll be able to go to school by tomorrow, I think.”

“You have to get well soon you know,” Jimin playfully winked at the older. “Jin hyung really misses you.”

Namjoon’s eyes widen. “He asked? You know him?”

“Don’t get your hopes up I was kidding.” To Namjoon’s utter disappointment, Jimin continued. “ And yeah he helped me out in a project once. He’s really nice we even had lunch together a couple of times.”

“Our Jiminie is getting really popular now-a-days. He hangs out with all the handsome people.” Yoongi said as he entered the room with some snacks.

“Did you include yourself too hyung?” Jimin smirked.

“Of course.”

“But you’re not handsome.”

Namjoon burst out laughing, “Damn Yoongi you’ll be needing some cold water for that burn.”

And Yoongi, proceeded to be his usual dramatic self, clenched his chest and exclaimed, “Jiminie …..that really hurt you know…..”

Jimin looked like he suddenly remembered something, “Ah, hyung……I’m really sorry for today. Did you wait too long for me?” He seemed quite embarrassed for going home with his friends without informing Yoongi.

“It’s no big deal, really. Tell me about that friend of yours.” Yoongi replied with a kind smile.

“Umm….” Jimin hesitated a bit, “He’s an old friend of mine. We played together when we were kids, but then he moved away………and……”

“And then he came back?” Namjoon asked.

“Yeah.”

“Well,” Namjoon continued to speak, “I think it’s great that Jimin is making more friends. He hangs out too much with old people like us. It’s not healthy.”

What Namjoon said was true. Jimin rarely talked to anyone in his own class but was very close with many of his seniors.

“Hyung you’re like a year older than me don’t say stuff like that.”

The three of them laughed and chatted a bit more. They even decided to have a gaming night this weekend, including Hoseok.

As he was leaving, Jimin leaned in toward Namjoon with a mischievous expression. ”A parting gift.” Saying so, he silently put something in Namjoon’s grasp.

Looking down, he discovered a piece of paper with Seokjin’s number written on it. And Jimin had already left, leaving Namjoon speechless.

 

Park jimin received a phone call that night.

“Hello?”

“Jiminie, are you free this weekend?”

The voice belonged to someone Jimin was very familiar with. Yes, it was none other than Jeon Jungkook.

“How did you get my number?”

“Don’t freak out Taehyung gave it to me. Say, do you have any plans?”

“Why?” jimin asked.

“Let’s hang out. The three of us.”

Three, you say? It’s true that he was disappointed. but something was better than nothing after all.

“Where?”

“Taehyung wanted to go to the amusement park nearby. What do you think?”

Let’s see. Hitting the rollercoaster, kart racing, eating cotton candies and enjoying the view in the ferris wheel with none other than Jeon Jungkook himself? Yes please.

Jimin was aware of the plans he had already made with his hyungs. He replied, “Count me in.”

“Okay then. We’ll pick you up at 3pm. Okay?”

“Okay.”

“Bye then. See you in class tomorrow.”

“Bye.”

Just a simple phone call. How long was it? A minute, maybe? And it was enough to make Park Jimin’s day.