February Special #2: Surprise Party

Random Family: NCT Version

“Can you explain why we are buying Jisung’s present the same day of his party?” Jaehyun asked when Johnny picked him up from Doyoung’s bakery. “Taeil is so going to kill you.”

Johnny just kept his focus on the road, Taeil and him already gave him a Leggo set on his actual birthday but he wanted to get the action figure his son wanted. Johnny was also not in the mood for the model’s teasing, like Jaehyun himself hadn’t forgotten either of his son’s birthdays. Spoiler alert, he did once.

“Jisung wants a Spiderman action figure and the store was going to put them in stock today, thank God Kun agreed to help Taeil or I would really be dead.” Johnny said. Jaehyun just chuckled. If only he knew.

•••

 

“Okay, we have cheeseburgers, pizza, pork belly and the ice cream station ready to begin business.” Kun told the elder.

“Hansol-hyung and Sicheng are putting the birthday banner while Chenle and Jaemin keep Jisung occupied.” Ten reported.

“Yuta is playing with the rest of the munchkins.” Taeyong added.

“And Doyoung is finishing the most expectacular cake he will ever bake.” Taeil grinned.

“Doubt it, Jungwoo’s birthday is in a few days.” Ten chuckled.

“Well everything seems to be in order then, we just have to wait for Youngho and Jaehyun. Thank you for the help guys.” Taeil smiled.

“Let’s just hope Johnny-hyung doesn’t screw it.” Ten cackled.

“Oh, he totally will. I bet twenty dollars he will come with an Iron Man action figure?” Taeyong said.

“No, he will bring a Captain America one because he is American and explain the historic value and blah blah blah.” Hansol said while joining the group.

“Guys please have more faith in my husband.” Taeil whined.

 

•••

 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE SPIDERMAN ACTION FIGURES HAVEN’T ARRIVED YET? I NEED IT!” Johnny roared while Jaehyun tried to calm the giant. The poor clerk did not know what to say.

“I can maybe check if it comes tomorrow sir?”

“I NEED IT FOR TODAY, IT’S MY SON’S BIRTHDAY”

“I am sorry sir, I-I c-could o-offer y-you an I-Iron Man action f-figure?”

Before Johnny could insult the poor clerk, Jaehyun pulled him aside. Taeil would definitely kill him if he found out that Johnny got kicked out of the toy store.

“Hyung I have an idea, I saw some superheroes costumes in the back. And Jisung would love the idea to be Spiderman, don’t you think? If you can’t pretend to play with Spidey, at least pretend you are Spidey am I right?”

“Jaehyun, that may be the dumbest yet brilliant thing you have ever said.” Johnny gaped.

“Can you say it again? I have to record this and send it to Doyoungie.”

“Don’t push it.”

“Okay” Jaehyun pouted.

 

•••

 

One Spiderman costume and a twenty-minute ride later, Johnny and Jaehyun unlocked the door when suddenly they heard:

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!”

A surprised Johnny looked around and saw his two sons jumping around confetti, his closest friends and their children screaming happy birthday and his husband holding, not one, but two cakes.

“What is this?” Johnny asked. Wasn’t this Jisung’s party?

“It’s your birthday pwarty dad” Jisung said.

“Well technically the party is for you both. Jisung wanted to have a birthday party shared with yours so here we are.” Taeil smiled.

“But my birthday is tomorrow.”

“I had to choose a middle day.” Taeil whined. “Now kiss me and play with Jisung and the kids.” he pouted. Johnny can’t really say no to his husband.

“EW”

 

•••

 

“APPA LOOK AT ME! I AM SPWIDERMAN!”

“JISUNG WATCH OUT!”

“Appa, I ain’t a kid no more, I am fwor years owd now…”

 

 

 

~Not my greatest one shot, I got a bit of writer's block. Thanks for the new subs! Constructive critics are always welcomed. Next drabble will do better. Ideas are always welcomed too!