February Special #1: One Day Vacation

Random Family: NCT Version

 

To say that Doyoung dreaded his birthday was an understatement, he hated it. He always had to work at the bakery and since it was the “month of love”, Jaehyun sometimes had to leave early to do some ad campaigns shootings. Jungwoo and Jeno made it up though, the kids will always wake him up shouting the happy birthday song and after Jungwoo came back from school, he will give his dearest papa a flower from the school yard.

Preparing himself for the Happy Birthday screaming duo, he stretched his long limbs to find nothing next to him. Doyoung wanted to cry, Jaehyun had indeed left early to work without saying a thing. Jaehyun was Seoul’s most acclaimed model, also known for his roles when he was a child actor, he later followed the modeling path which earned him the tittle Nation’s Prince Charming (when he modeled with Irene, the Nation’s Princess, you can imagine everyone swooning). Sometimes it was hard being married to Jaehyun, not because of his modeling gigs or fame, it was because he felt unworthy of being Jung Jaehyun’s husband. Doyoung felt that he wasn’t as successful as Irene or Sehun, he ran a bakery and did not considered himself handsome at all.

In the midst of his negative thoughts, he jolted out of his bed. Doyuoung hadn’t realized that it was already 9 o’ clock in the morning, I am late. As he ran to the kitchen screaming to his kids to wake up, he saw his husband sipping a cup of coffee while eyeing the newspaper, when Jaehyun saw Doyoung he immediately light up and crushed the elder in a hug.

“Happy Birthday Dohyungie” he whispered into his hair and kissed his forehead.

“What are you doing here Jaehyun-ah? Weren’t you supposed to be shooting that magazine ad? Where are the kids?” Doyoung rambled on a on. Jaehyun just giggled and gave Doyoung a kiss.

“The kids are fine, I took them to school. In fact, check this out.” Jaehyun gave Doyoung his phone and played a video. In the video you could see Jungwoo and Jeno smiling brightly at the camera.

“Happy Birthday Papa!” they both screamed and giggled afterwards.

“Daddy told us you deserved a vacation! So he took us to school so you could sleep more!” Jungwoo beamed.

“Papa! Can we eat chocolate cake later? Daddy can buy it!” Jeno then made his famous eye smile. That little punk.

“See you later papa! Happy Birthday! Love you!” Jungwoo concluded and the video went black. Doyoung wanted to cry. His kids were adorable, and they never failed to make him smile. And he is grateful that Jaehyun took them to school today but-

“The bakery! I am late to work Jaehyun!” Doyoung almost ran upstairs again but Jaehyun held him steady, smiling at his agitated husband. I really love this man.

“All taken care of. I called Sejeong-noona and asked her to be in charge for today in exchange for an early leave on Sunday. Today is your day hyung, and you deserve a little vacation.” Jaehyun explained.

“But you are late for the ad campaign shoot!”

“Hyung I made it up so you I could surprise you. So, surprise!”

Is the little things that make Doyoung fall in love with Jaehyun all over again. Jaehyun knows all of Doyoung’s insecurities but he doesn’t confront them all the times verbally. He confronts them with gestures, surprises, family outings and a kiss to the forehead when he least expects it.

“I love you Jaehyun-ah. Thank you so much.” Doyoung hugs his husband. He can feel the younger smiling, he just knows it. “I love you too hyung. You have no idea of how much I love you.”

•••

 

“So wanna make baby number three today? Or want to wait until my birthday?” Jaehyun wiggles his eyebrows in a teasing manner. Doyoung slapped the youngest shoulder while he blushed.

 

•••

“Why is papa walking weird hyung?”

“I don’t know Jeno, I once asked uncle Yuta the same thing but uncle Hansol just said it was adult stuff.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: A late Doyoung bday special! Hope you stay tuned for the other specials! Constructive comments always welcomed! Thank you to the new subscribers!