TSB: Chapter 2

The Sketchbook (MiChaeng)

"Arrival"

 

 

"Chaeng~"

"Hmm" Chaeyoung turned to the other side of bed.

"Chaeng honey, wake up"

"Hmm"

"It's monday. Your school starts today"

"Hmm"

"You're going to be late" 

"....."

"That's it. I'm going to burn all your sketchbooks"

"MOM NO!" Her mother's threat startled Chaeyoung.

She immediately got up on bed, making her fully awake and that made her mom laugh.

"That's not funny mom" She said while scratching her head. 

"And it's not funny if you're going to be late on the first day of school right?" Chaeyoung sighed in defeat and finally gets up on bed. She stretched her arms and went straight to the bathroom.

Since Chaeyoung doesn't have much time for breakfast she just grabbed a sandwich that was prepared on the table.

"You're not going to eat with us?" Mrs. Son said who's now eating beside Mr. Myoui.

Mr. Myoui lived with the Sons right after the announcement. He asked them if they prefer to live in his house since it was bigger but Mrs. Son refused in Chaeyoung's behalf. Chaeyoung didn't tell them the reasons but they just agreed to her condition.

"I'll only have this sandwich since I'm going to be late" Chaeyoung said while packing her things. "Bye"

"Take care" Mr. Myoui said and smiled "Oh I forgot to tell you that my daughter will arrive today. She's only 2 years older than you so I think you will like each other"

Hmm, like each other huh? We'll see.

Chaeyoung smiled as her response.

At school

"Morning Chaeyoung"

"Good morning Tzuyu" Chaeyoung said while looking up to her tall friend.

How can she be this tall when we are just in the same age? 

Chaeyoung sighed.

They are currently walking in the hallway and as usual Chou Tzuyu is getting all the attention specially from the boys.

Chaeyoung suddenly had the mood to giant friend.

"Wow. Goddess Tzuyu is still popular. Nothing changed" Chaeyoung knows that her friend hates those unwanted attention and also the fact that she's popular.

"Just like you."

"I'm not popular like you" Well yeah, Chaeyoung is not popular but she's not the kind of girl who's invisible to others. She also have admirers but still, she's not popular compared to her goddess friend.

"No. I'm referring to your height ─ nothing changed" Chaeyoung stopped her track. She didn't expect that clapback from her friend but knowing Tzuyu being savage as always, she should've known it already. 

"I wonder why did you became my friend?" She said while frowning. That hurts her ego.

"Because I like you as a friend?" Tzuyu said tilting her head and acting innocently.

Jeez

"Then act like you do and stop hurting my ego"

"I always do" Tzuyu puts her left arm on Chaeyoung's shoulder "See? You're a good arm rest, I like it" then the tall one started laughing.

This girl..

"Yah!"

Now everyone in the hallway is looking at them. Surprised, not because Chaeyoung shouted but because they are looking at Tzuyu's laughing image. She's laughing like no one else beside them was there and knowing Tzuyu who always have that stoic face, it was a rare sight for them to see the goddess smiling and even rarer when you see her laughing like that.

Chaeyoung sighed and smiled.

"You already know why I like you as a friend, right Chaeng?" Tzuyu pats her back and slightly push her forward to continue walking.

"Hmm" the cub nodded.

Tzuyu is a foreigner and ever since she set her foot on the school ground, she was crowned as one of the most beautiful girls that attended this school and became popular instantly. Everyone admires her, the boys want her, the girls envy her. Everyone wants to be friends with her.. yet they fear her. She have this kind of aura that makes you think twice to approach her ─ but actually she's just a shy girl who doesn't talk that much. 

It all started when they were in the same class, their teacher said they need to find a partner and to Chaeyoung's surprise, it was Tzuyu who approached her first.

Chaeyoung wasn't that friendly, she didn't know anyone inside their class. Her only friends, Jeongyeon and Dahyun was ahead of her.

That day Chaeyoung asked Tzuyu why did she chose her when a popular kid like her can choose those smart students who would even volunteer to do the project for her without asking for anything in return but Tzuyu just said "You're the kind of person who wouldn't even mind if I don't talk to you. And you're imaginative, sometimes you have your own world so you won't bother me."

See? Why didn't she just said "We're both introvert so we're perfect as friends" that will make it easier to understand.

_____

Their classes ended five minutes ago and they received a message from Dahyun saying that they are going to meet up.

"So who's up for Karaoke?" Dahyun asked them while jumping excitedly. Everyone raised their hands except Chaeyoung and that surprised them.

"Why Chaeng?!" Jihyo being the loudest of the group made Chaeyoung to cover her ears.

"Jihyo-unnie I need to go somewhere else" She said while scratching the back of her head.

"You said you miss us and now we have the time to hang out ─ you're not coming?" Nayeon, the oldest said while pouting.

Ok we get it, you're cute. Chaeyoung thought.

"I'm  sorry but I really can't go this time"

Tzuyu and Dahyun just stared at her.

"It's fine. Just make sure you'll come along next time, ok?" Someone said and pats her back.

It was Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung's cousin and also her bestfriend.

She's the one who introduced Chaeyoung and Tzuyu to her fellow student council members, Nayeon who's in the same year with her and Jihyo as their president.

Chaeyoung's circle of friends consists of popular kids like Jihyo, the beautiful student council president, who made everyone call her as 'God Jihyo'.

Dahyun, who had been her friend besides Jeongyeon since she was a kid is kind and friendly to everyone. When she said everyone, it's literally everyone and of course she's pretty, she got this smile which can be use in a toothpaste advertisement.

And the oldest who acts and looks like the youngest, Nayeon. Oh, she love herself so much that it irritates Jeongyeon to the core.

And while Jeongyeon besides from being a member too, she's also a football player in their school's team. 

 

"Bye~" 

"Enjoy guys!" Chaeyoung waved at them and started walking.

Chaeyoung said she's going somewhere and what she meant by that there was her favorite bookstore. 

Besides drawing and photography, Chaeyoung likes reading too. 

Chaeyoung roamed the bookstore while trying to find some good books to read and it wasn't that long when she finally found one. Chaeyoung grabbed the book and turned to her right side when suddenly she bumped into someone. They dropped their books. Chaeyoung leaned down to pick up her book and then help the other girl who had a lot of stuffs.

Chaeyoung bowed and handed the girl her books.

"I'm sorry"

"Sorry" The girl said like she was whispering. She took the books and bowed. Chaeyoung tried to look at the girl's face but she couldn't since the girl's red hair covers the half of it. "Thanks" she turned her back and left.

Chaeyoung decided to walked home since their house is almost near from the bookstore.

While walking she received a text from Tzuyu.

Tzu-Yoda: Hey you're missing a lot of fun.

:sorry I need to go home early today.

Tzu-Yoda: I regret what I said. It's not fun. If only you can see the mess here.

:Why? ㅋㅋㅋ

Tzu-Yoda: I'll tell you tomorrow. Bye. 

Me: Ok enjoy~

3 minutes later

Tzu-Yoda: I'll die here. You should've been here to help me. It's A total mess. Nayeon unnie she-

:You can do it yoda! Fighting! ㅋㅋㅋ

She was busy texting with Tzuyu that she didn't even notice she's already infront of their house now.

Poor Tzuyu. Our unnies must be enjoying her company, except her.

"Mom I'm home~"

"Oh. Welcome back Chaeng~" Her mom went home early today and she looks excited "She's already hereee~ wanna see her? She's inside her new room"

Chaeyoung looked upstairs.

"Later mom. At dinner"

Chaeyoung went into her room but stops in front of it and looks at the other room just across hers.

The room that was empty for years but now someone's finally in there.

Chaeyoung heard the other room's doorknob click telling that the new girl would come out and Chaeyoung immediately went inside.

I'll just meet her at dinner. 

 

 

_____

Hi :)

What do you think about this chapter?

You can leave a comment ^^