TSB: Chapter 5

The Sketchbook (MiChaeng)

This is so uncomfortable. Chaeyoung thought.

She was used to have these kind of attentions when she's around with her friends but today was different. Walking beside her was the new girl who had dyed her hair red which stands out of the crowd, making the two of them gather more attentions. Chaeyoung's grips tightened on her bag straps.

"I think I'll be fine here. You can go to your room now" Mina said.

Chaeyoung blinks twice, worried if Mina saw her uncomfortable expression.

"It's fine, I'll lead you to your room. Our school is wide and you might get lost."

"Yeah it is but there's only one 408A. I'm sure it'll be easy to find my room"

"But I-"

"Chaeyoung?" 

The two of them looked at the person who interrupts their conversation.

"Morning Tzuyu" Chaeyoung feels better after seeing her friend.

"You're early today Chaeng and.." Tzuyu looked at the girl who's standing beside her friend "Is she.."

Chaeyoung cleared before speaking "Tzuyu this is Mina unnie"

Tzuyu nodded.

"Mina unnie this is Tzuyu. She's my friend" 

"Hello Tzuyu-ssi" Mina smiled at the newly introduced person "I should get going now"

"Wait, you're the transferee right?" Tzuyu said.

"Yes I am"

"Then we should take you to your class, right Chaeyoung?"

"Yeah. That's what I'm saying a while ago"

Mina didn't resist this time and let these two lead her way. 

While on their way to Mina's room, people keep staring at them ─ whispering.

"Ugh" Chaeyoung whined "Can't they just mind their own business?"

Tzuyu chuckled and Mina stayed quite.

"Here it is. It's my room" Mina said.

Mina was about to open the door when it was already being opened by someone Chaeyoung know. 

"Hi Jihyo-eonni" / "Hi Thomas" Chaeyoung and Tzuyu said at the same time.

"Chaeyoung? What are you doing here? And oh Tzuyu I know you know my name and it's not Thomas"

"Sorry unnie, I thought I just saw Thomas coming from the room" Tzuyu said with her infamous poker face.

Jihyo rolled her eyes "Ha. Ha. You're so funny Yoda"

"I'm not-"

Chaeyoung clapped her hands, stopping the two of them "OK! That's enough for today you two"

Chaeyoung looked at Mina "Mina unnie this is Jihyo unnie, same class with you and also the student council president"

Jihyo smiled at the new student.

"Hello Mina-ssi. I hope you enjoy your stay here" Jihyo welcomed Mina with a warm smile.

"Thank you Jihyo-ssi" Mina smiled back.

"Umm.. I think it's our time to go to our room" Chaeyoung said looking at her friend Tzuyu.

"You better get going. The class will start in about.." Jihyo took a glance on her wristwatch "..two minutes"

_____

Chaeyoung being uninterested in the topic sets herself into her own world again.

Her chin was supported by her left hand while she let her other hand draw anything it wanted. Not too long when a certain person came into her mind.

​​​​​​I don't know if she's fluent in korean. Will she be alright?

Hmm. I guess so, she's with Jihyo unnie anyway. 

"..Chaeyoung"

She's quite like Tzuyu, Will she be able to make friends?

Maybe I should ask her to eat with us.

"Son Chaeyoung.."

Right. I will just- "SON CHAEYOUNG!!"

Chaeyoung startled and dropped her pen along with the sketchbook. She heard her classmates giggle.

She found Mr. Park standing in front of her desk holding a book, eyebrows frowning "I hope you already know the answer since you weren't listening to my lecture. Now solve the problem written on the board" he said while adjusting his specs.

Chaeyoung stood up and make her way to the board. She glanced at Tzuyu who's looking at her with "What were you doing?" look on her face.

Chaeyoung sighed. 

She stared at the problem, trying to analyze it but there's only one thing that came into her mind.

She hates calculus.

_____

 

"What made you spaced out again Chaeyoung?"

Chaeyoung shrugged while holding the tray of her food, carefully not to spill the soup .

"Nothing"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Really. Cmon Tzu, there's Jeongyeon unnie sitting over there"

As usual, they went to the same table again. Jeongyeon, Nayeon and Jihyo was already there and eating their own foods. Chaeyoung sat beside Jeongyeon and Tzuyu followed her.

"Where's Dahyun?" Chaeyoung said noticing that one of her friends was missing.

"Dunno. Probably somewhere, trying to disappoint Jihyo again" Jeongyeon said.

"Wow. That really came from you Yoo Jeongyeon?" Jihyo said "Well compare to Dahyun, she only had three records last year while you who got fifteen and still able to be part of the student council ─ you're lucky."

Jihyo shook her head and had another bite of her food "I don't know why they still vote for you when you're this troublemaker"

"Excuse me Miss President I only have fourteen and a half since the incident wasn't cause by me and Chaeyoung who have-"

"Hey!" Chaeyoung protested "Why am I included to this?"

"Oh cmon shorty. We know you're that kind of introvert kid who has a beast inside that needs to get unleash sometimes" Jeongyeon smirked pointing her spoon at their smallest friend.

Chaeyoung's lips parted and Tzuyu giggles.

"I just need to stay away from you" Chaeyoung growled and Jeongyeon laughed.

"Aww is my baby getting teased again?" Nayeon said while rubbing the cub's cheeks.

"Stoooop" Chaeyoung tried to remove Nayeon's hand to free herself from the rabbit.

"Ah! Chaeyoung-ie can I ask how did you get close with Mina-ssi?" Jihyo said, interrupting the cub and the rabbit before they strangle each other.

Jeongyeon turned to face Jihyo "Mina? You mean Myoui Mina? The transferee student?" 

"Yeah. Chaeyoung was with Mina-ssi this morning and she even accompanied her to our class. I didn't expect the transferee student to be related with our Chaeyoung"

"What? Chaeyoung. Explain" with an authority in her voice Jeongyeon commanded her cousin.

Chaeyoung paused, thinking if it's time to tell her friends about her family's situation.

She was expecting that Jeongyeon would already know about this since she is her cousin but Chaeyoung guests that her aunt never bothered to tell Jeongyeon.

"Umm.. Actually guys.." Chaeyoung hesitated again,

"She's my.."

_____

 

"Stepsister?!" Dahyun exclaimed. She's having her lunch with her friend Sana, a year older than her who also brought her two friends, Momo and the new student Mina.

"You know Son Chaeyoung and you're saying that she's actually your stepsister?!" She said and pinched the bridge of her nose "That shorty never mentioned anything about this" 

"Calm down Dahyun-ie" Sana tried to calm her down by rubbing her back.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I should've let her tell you about this instead of me" Mina apologized.

"No it's fine Mina unnie" She said. "Wow what a small world. I can't believe Sana unnie's childhood friend is now the stepsister of my.. childhood friend" Dahyun said with her eyes full of amusement.

"It must be destiny right Dahyun-ie? I mean.. we can all be friends now right? The more the merrier!" Sana looked at the youngest girl and smiled widely.

"You're right Sana unnie besides you've always wanted me to introduce you to my friends, specially to Chaeyoung"

"Yes. Oh my God that friend of yours is so cute! I wanna pinch her fluffy cheeks untill it swell!" Sana said while making an unexplainable hand movement.

"Datz choo chajizchik sachang"

All three looked at Momo who is currently have full of jokbal.

Sana raised her eyebrow "What did you say Momo-chan?"

"I mean.." Momo paused and swallowed her food before continuing "That's sadistic Satang. Why would you pinch the kid's cheeks until it swell??"

"Ok I was just kidding. But isn't she cute? I even sent her picture to Minari last year! I can't believe destiny turned her to be our Minari's stepsister"

"Who's Destiny?" Momo said with a confused look.

"Hmmf! pabo" Sana said and crossed her arms, not sure if Momo was serious or just mocking her. 

"Wait Sana unnie, are you sending Chaeyoung's photo to everyone?" Dahyun said in disbelief.

"No! I'm not like that! I only sent it once and only to Minari" Sana raised her hands defensively.

"What a creep" Momo shook her head and Sana hit her for that.

Mina chuckled at her friends' behaviors making Sana's attention switched to her.

"You have a cute little sister now Minari, aren't you lucky?"

Mina smiled and suddenly remembered the day that Sana sent her the photo.

*​​​​​​Beep*

​​​​​​Sanapomu sent a photo

Mina looked at her phone. It was her friend who transferred overseas.

She laid her back flat on the bed and pushed her head deeper on the pillow.

MN: Who's this Sana-chan?

SN: Thats my friend's friend! I was going to take a picture of Dahyun-ie to show it to you but she turned her back. So I ended up capturing her friend instead hihi. Isn't she cute?

Mina looked at the photo. There are two girls in it who looks like they are talking to each other.  A girl whose back is facing the camera and the other one who's smiling at her friend ─ showing the deepest and cutest dimple that Mina had ever seen.

Mina stared at the picture.

Her smile widened.

"Yeah I guess so"

________

 

Hi It's been a while lol  

I'd like to know what do you think about this chapter?

What scenes would you like to have?

Am I doing Good or Bad? ヽ(´ー`)┌

COMMENTS are really  APPRECIATED! It motivates me to update ( ಥ_ಥ)