TSB: Chapter 4

The Sketchbook (MiChaeng)

"What?"

 

 

"Here Chaeyoung eat this" Chaeyoung looked at her plate with the beans that Tzuyu had put on it.

This girl really loves teasing me.

"Yah Tzuyu!" Chaeyoung hates beans. Not that it reminds her of her small height being but because of how it taste.

She took the beans and placed it on Nayeon's plate instead.

Nayeon looked at her and shrugged.

"Chaeyoungie you should eat a lot so you can grow taller" the bunny said.

"I'm eating a lot but beans are exemptions"

"Hey guys! Have you heard?" Jeongyeon arrived, sweating like crazy who came out of nowhere then sits beside Nayeon.

Nayeon looked at her with a confuse look "Heard what?" 

"They said someone will transfer here.." None of them said anything "and she's pretty as hell. They saw her going to the headmistress' office and they said she'll start attending tomorrow"

Jeongyeon keeps talking about this new girl while everyone is busy eating their own food―not paying attention from what she's saying.

"I said a pretty girl just transferred here and you guys acted like it's nothing?" Jeongyeon was disappointed on her friends' reactions. She was expecting better than that.

"Calm down Jeongyeon. Your gay is showing" Jihyo said. The others laughed, earning a tsk sound from Jeongyeon.

"So what? it's not a big deal having a pretty girl like her in our school,  I've been surrounded by pretty girls like you guys before her" Chaeyoung said while enjoying to eat her beanless food.

All of them looked at Chaeyoung with the same surprised expressions on their faces.

"Woah. Did I heard it right? Chaeyoung said.. we're pretty?" -Jihyo

"Oooh are you hitting on us now Chaeng?"- Dahyun

"OMG! I know I'm pretty but thanks anyway Chaeyoung" Nayeon said and Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

"I should have recorded it" Tzuyu said while shaking her head and took her phone out.

It's not that no one calls them pretty, actually they hear it every time inside or outside the school but hearing it directly from Chaeyoung ─ well that's new. She never compliments her unnies.

"You shorty! You learned that from me!" Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung high fived each other.

"So why are you excited about it Yoo Jeongyeon?" Nayeon said plainly, going back to the topic that Jeongyeon had brought.

"Hmm nothing much." Jeongyeon shrugged and continued eating her second plate of food "She's pretty, like really pretty and I'm sure she'll be popular just like you in no time. She might steal your spotlight.. or even Tzuyu's"

"I'm fine with that" Nayeon and Tzuyu said at the same time.

"I mean, who would like to have those preying eyes following you around right Tzuyu?" Tzuyu nods to the bunny in agreement.

"I heard that she's in the same class with Jihyo" Jeongyeon continued.

"Really?" 

"Yes. And If I heard it right her name is.. Mi-Minami?"

Suddenly bell rang.

All of them stood up immediately and packed their things, ready to go back to their classes while Jeongyeon was still eating. She was about to have another spoon but Nayeon stopped her.

"Heeey. I'm not yet done!" She said in protest but the bunny pulled her.

"That's your second plate for pete's sake! Now stop eating you pig or else we'll going to be late!" 

"But.."

"Yoo Jeongyeon!" Nayeon gave the ostrich her final warning.

_____

When class ended Chaeyoung said she have something to do in the Art Club and told Tzuyu that she can go home first. Tzuyu didn't protest and bid her goodbye.

"Hello sunbae" Chaeng greeted the older guy.

"Oh hi Chaeyoung-ie" He smiled.

"You said you're going to say something important sunbae"

"Yup. You know about the Korean Art Fest, right?" Chaeyoung nodded.

Of course she knows it.

It is the biggest drawing competition in the whole country where they send their best artist to represent their school and as an aspiring artist, to be chosen and be part of the competition is a privilege.

"Yes sunbae. You're going to represent our school again, am I right?" Chaeyoung smiled and didn't hide her amusement. "Cool! The other schools should know who they are against with. You'll probably win that competition.. again sunbae!" The older guy laughed. 

"Hey I'm not that great!"

Liar.

"C'mon sunbae, you have won that competition for three consecutive years! Don't be humble and just admit it." 

"Seriously you think of me that way?" He chuckled. "Well, you're wrong Chaeyoung-ssi"

Chaeyoung frowned.

The guy scratches his head using his index finger "I mean you're wrong because I'm not the one who will be participating the competition this time"

Chaeyoung frowned even more. There's no way they can send a different artist other than him. He's the greatest when it comes to art.

Chaeyoung knows it well, the school knows it well.

 

Joining the Art club was one of the first thing that made Chaeyoung happy when she entered the school. And knowing that she joined a club where a great artist like him is in, she's even more thankful.

"What?? Then who could it be sunbae?" 

..then he said the last thing she expected him to say.

"Who else? Of course it's you!" He said it like a proud father.

_____


Chaeyoung chose to walk home while thinking about what just happened a while ago 

"Who else? Of course it's you! "

"Sunbae are you serious? That's not funny" Again, he just laughed.

"Yes I'm serious. We're serious." he gestured Chaeyoung to sit down. "We had a meeting a while ago. We put a lot of thoughts about this Chaeyoung and as you can see, most of the members are seniors who are graduating soon.. that includes me." He pointed himself "That's why we would like to guide you until our last year ends, we would like to see you guys show your full potential to make sure that you guys can handle all of this by yourselves.. and to continue what we started."

"B-but sunbae..why.. me?"

"We decided it by voting and do you know what amazed me Chaeyoung? Half of the members voted for you! And I think I already know why"

Chaeyoung smiled timidly.

"I'm not saying that the other members are not talented but you are different. Your passion is incomparable to them. You draw like your life is depending on it"

Chaeyoung laughs.

Do I really look like that? 

"And do you know what makes you special?"

Chaeyoung shook her head.

"You are in your best everytime you draw Chaeyoung"

And that left Chaeyoung speechless. 

He noticed that the little girl in front of him was frozen.

"Hey don't let this bother you! You have a lot of time to prepare and that's what I want you to be. We're still here to guide you, alright?"  he stood up while smiling and pats the cub's shoulder.

_____

 

Chaeyoung went to her room and changed her clothes immediately before she went downstairs to grab some snacks. Her Mom is still at work and so as Mr. Myoui. 

She's in the living room, watching a show that she had never seen before.

The story was about a guy who doesn't have the courage to confess to the girl he likes. Little did he know, the girl likes him too but the girl waited too long for the guy to confess. The girl thought that she might just fooling herself, that she was just imagining things. When the guy finally had the courage to tell her, it was too late. He was too late. The girl already moved on and found her new love living her life happily with a different guy.

"This is ridiculous. He should have told her in the first place" Chaeyoung blurted out.

..and maybe he wouldn't have been hurt.

"He was scared"

Chaeyoung was startled and lets out a silent gasped after hearing someone behind her. She looked back and saw the redhaired girl. 

Right. I almost forgot I have a sister now.

The girl sits at the other side of the couch.

"But the girl likes him too" Chaeyoung answered.

"He didn't know it that's why he was afraid" The redhaired girl looked at her "He's afraid of getting rejected"

Chaeyoung looked away, shifting her attention back on the TV  "That's the risk. If he wanted to be happy he should have took the risk"

"Well, If you were the guy.. would you tell her?"

Chaeyoung was taken a back. She didn't expect Mina to ask her something like that.

The little cub laughs nervously. She didn't know why but her heart started to beat abnormally.

"W-why are we arguing about this anyway?" She placed some chips inside but somehow she finds it hard to chew properly, she's tensed.

Mina chuckled "You're right" 

"Do you want some?" Chaeyoung offered the chips, trying to make the mood brighter.

"Sure" Mina showed her gummy smile while reaching out for the snack "Thanks"

Chaeyoung couldn't help but to stare at the girl who's watching beside her before switching her attention back on the TV.

They were too busy watching dramas that they didn't even notice that the sun has already set. 

The door suddenly clicks and Mrs. Son came in first.

"Hello darlings" Mrs. Son greeted them and they just smiled. "Oh I see, you two are getting along now" she said while looking at the two girls who are both seating at the edge of the couch.

Maybe. Chaeyoung thought and took a glance at Mina.

_____

 

They are having their dinner when Chaeyoung remembered the good news she's about to tell them. She was unaware that she's smiling like an idiot while looking down at her plate and her mother noticed it first.

"Chaeyoung, did something good happened today?" 

Chaeyoung's smile got wider, showing off her deep dimple.

"Well.. uhh kinda?" She reached her glass of water and drinks it.

"Like what? You got a boyfriend?"

Chaeyoung choked.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to surprise you like that Chaeng, I was just kidding" Mrs. Son said while caressing the back of her daughter.

"I-I'm fine mom" 

Mrs. Son looked at the other side of the table.

"How about you Mina? Are you ok?"

Mr. Myoui handed her daughter a tissue.

"Sorry." she said while wiping her lips. "T-the food was a bit spicy"

"I was about to tell something but you ruined the mood mom" 

"Sorry I got too excited I guess?" and she laughed "So what is it?" 

"You know the Korean Art Fest right mom?" 

"Yes what about it?" 

"Guess what.. I will be the one to represent our school!"

"Ah.." Mrs. Son nodded "Wait- what? you really mean that competition?!" 

"Yes mom yes!" Chaeyoung said like a kid.

Her mom cupped her face and kissed her on her both cheeks.

"I'm so proud of you baby!" The two of them were busy celebrating while the Myouis are still trying to understand what's going on.

"Uhm.. what is it?" Mr. Myoui finally asked. 

"Sweetie our Chaeyoung was chosen to join the biggest drawing competition here in Korea!" She said proudly while Mr. Myou's eyes widened. 

"Wow Chaeyoung that's amazing!" His eyes beamed with admiration.

"Thank you s-sir" Chaeyoung looked down, trying to hide her face. She felt shy because of the sudden compliment.

"It was her dream to join that competition since she was a kid" Her mom said while caressing her head.

"I didn't know our family have a great artist" Mr. Myoui looked at her like a proud father and that made Chaeyoung smile a little.

"That's awesome. Our school must be lucky to have you" Mina said. 

"It's not like that, our club has a lot of people who are more talented than me"

"Hmm. But still they chose you right? That means they believe in you and your skills"

"Yeah I guess so.. wait.. what?" 

"Hmm?" 

"What did you say? Our school? You mean.. my school?" 

"No. Our school" Mina said nonchalantly while eating.

"Oh, you didn't saw her Chaeyoung? She went to your school this morning and she'll start attending tomorrow" her mom said.

Chaeyoung always thought that Mina would be attending some Dance school since she learned ballet for 11 years.

Looks like I need to tell my friends about our family's situation.

_____

 

Ok there it is. Sorry for the wait guys. I have exams so I couldn't update before ^^;

So how's the chapter? LEAVE A COMMENT ^^