TSB: Chapter 1

The Sketchbook (MiChaeng)

"Surprise"

 

 

I was living normally until she came into my life.. In our life. 

My Mom and Dad got divorced 5 years ago, I was eleven at that time. I didn't know what was happening until one day my Mom said 'You're the only one I got now' and she hold my cheeks then smiled at me.

My Dad said he would like to send us money for financial support but Mom turned it down. She doesn't really need to worry about our expenses, she have a stable job and I never saw her struggle for money. She can give me everything I need, whatever it is so yeah I guess I'm fine.. we're fine.

I came out in my room and went down to grab some snacks, It's 8:30 pm. I saw my mom at the living room looking for something inside her bag, I stared at her and well she's uhh different.. not in a bad way though. She's wearing a nice dress and she even put some make up, that's unusual because she really doesn't put that much when going to work.

"You look great mom, what you got? Party?" Mom looked at me and smiled shyly.. what's with her? She just acted like a teenager just now.

"Not really. Well my co-worker asked me to hangout"

Hangout? C'mon.

"You mean date?"

"Wha-no! I mean we just want to relieve some strees, we had a lot of works in the past weeks" 

"Oh. Ok." I just shrugged and went to upstairs "Take care then" I looked at her and smiled a timidly.

"Thank you" Mom smiled back.

I think she already knows that I get it. I'm not against it if she's dating someone else. She always thinks about me, worked hard for me and if that's what makes her happy then who am I to oppose her?

Weeks, Months had passed nothing special happened.

_____

I got a call from my friend.

"Hey Chaeyoung wanna go to Arcade?" Well, that's unusual for Tzuyu, she's not the type of person who will ask you to hang out. We're the one who always drag her to come along with us. 

"Wow that's new Chou Tzuyu, You're asking me to go to arcade? You? The I'm-not-gonna-go-I'm-too-tired-for-that-but-still-go-since-you-insisted" 

"Just say yes or no jeez. I want to ask Dahyun to come too" Hah. I wonder what that eagle would say about this.

"Sure. Let's go"

Just like Tzuyu said, we went to arcade and as expected, Dahyun was surprised about the sudden invitation.

"Tzuyu you better asked us out more often!" Tzuyu  rolled her eyes before proceeding to the game that caught her attention.

And there, we played everything we can until we ran out of energy.

"Well, that was fun" Tzuyu said.

Yeah it was.

I suddenly smiled when I remembered something, I hope we asked Jeongyeon-unnie to come too. 

"Why didn't we asked Jeongyeon-unnie and the others to come?" I asked Tzuyu. 

"Jihyo-unnie said they are busy right now, You know student council things" 

"What about you Dahyun? You're part of the student council too"

"I have works but not that much compared to them"

Ugh.

"But it's summer!"

We are suppose to be having fun! Jeez.

I missed them already.

"Yeah I texted Nayeon-unnie if they could come but nah. Besides school will start next week so they are preparing a lot of things" Dahyun said and I nodded.

I got home by 6:30 pm and mom was already at home.. and she have company.

We're having our dinner ─ Me, my mom and her fiancé.

Surprised? Me too. Well I already expected it.

"Chaeyoung next week his daughter will come here in Korea, she'll live with us and she will continue her studies here" really? Now I have an instant sister. Surprise again.

"Ok but I'm keeping MY room" I assured her and she laughed.

"Of course! She'll have the one across your room" Good.

After that we talked a lot ─ them mostly.

He introduced himself nicely and talked a lot of stories about his daughter. He told us that his daughter trained ballet for 11 years. Wow, that's what you call dedication and passion. 

And honestly speaking, he's kind and he's funny too, no wonder my mom fell for him. From the way he look at my mom, I can tell that he really loves her and if that love is genuine then I don't have any problem with that. 

After we finished our dinner I went straight up in my bedroom. I excused myself of course, not trying to be rude.

Now I'm just laying on my bed, thinking if I should tell my friends about my Mom's engagement and me having a stepsister. I choose to not to tell them right away and let myself to fall asleep.

 

 

_____

Hi :)

What do you think about this chapter?

You can leave a comment ^^