I'll Never Be Her (.3.)

I'll Never Be Her (JiminXReader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jimin X Reader

Genre: Angst/ Romance

Summary: You loved him with all your heart, but he could only give you half of his.

Jimin was the love of your life, your night in shining armor when she wasn’t around.

She was his ex girlfriend,  his first love, actually she was his many firsts and she kept coming back.

He had warned you she was his weakness, but you didn’t listen, because to you having him even if it was only partially was better than not having him at all.

At least for now.

Word Count: 4k+

Author’s Note:

SORRY FOR THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS!! I couldn’t post the edited version, since it didn’t want to copy and paste, so I edited it on my own real quick. I will edit more if needed(like always)

Also to be honest when you all message me or like the story and stuff it encourages me to write 

 

 

 

 

The smell of freshly baked pancakes wafted through your room dragging you out of you sleeping state and onto the front of your door like a moth to a flame. The doorknob felt heavy in your hand, as you stood quietly behind the piece of wood that was serving as not just a divider but as a sort of shield between you and Jimin.  You feared the tension that was sure to be present due to the event that had taken place last night. The “what if’s”, mixed with regret and bitterness from having to reject the one you loved had kept you up through most of the night. You had pictured Jimin kneeling before you several times before throughout your relationship, but never in your wildest dreams had you imagined saying no. Reality , and as much as you had hoped for your happily ever after to include him as your knight in shining armor you knew he was anything but.

You forced yourself to head back to bed dragging your feet as if they weighed a ton each. An ache of hunger that had grown quickly in the pit of your stomach anchoring you to the ground as you pushed your way to move forward to the empty cold bed.

Emptiness. That was not only a horrible sight but a horrible feeling.

You laid back down on your assigned side of the bed out of habit. You closed your eyes tightly as the whirlwind of emotions triggered the morning sickness you had been battling now these days. Your hand extended tracing over the wrinkles of the bed sheet beside you, the spot that had once belonged to him. You could still picture his groggy looking expression as you kissed him over and over all over his face until you were blessed with a glimpse of his brown irises staring straight into yours full of love. Love that during those mornings you were more than sure belonged to only you. The chilly sunrises that were spent wrapped in each other’s arms as he sang into your ear were the most cherished, and yet when you replayed them in your memory, were the ones that made you feel the loneliest. The fool within you begging you to pull Jimin into bed where he belonged cradling you every night.

The front door slamming closed woke you up from your delusions. You quickly stood from the bed, tippy-toeing your way to the door. A slight rush of adrenaline rushing through your body as you peaked your head out the door assuring the coast was indeed clear. You waited a few seconds, and then you walked out your room examining the living room for any changes. Everything was just like it had been the night before, unlike you and Jimin. There was a point of no return and last night had been it for the both of you.

Placed at the center of the table was a plate full of fluffy pancakes stacked perfectly one on top of another. Yet your pride had you grabbing a box of Cereal, milk, and a bowl. The sogginess of the tasteless food had you cringing with every bite. You could perfectly picture your babies writhing in your stomach, scolding you for not devouring the delicious strawberry topped treat in front of you.

A knock on the door interrupted your meal, and for the first time since you found out you were pregnant, you were glad something got in the way of you and your meal.

“I am going,” you said as you wiped your mouth from the dripping milk. You scurried to the door and opened it excitedly, thinking it was Jin saving you with some delicious sweet bread of some sort.

The door opened wide as you awaited the person on the other side with a wide smile. The smile that faltered as soon as your eyes took in the visitor before you.

Her usual perfect hair was up in a messy bun, as her last night’s mascara surrounded her perfectly blue eyes making her look similar to a raccoon. Tears traveled down her cheeks creating trails all the way down to her jaw.

“Jimin was right, you look even more beautiful than before…...the pregnancy glow fits you. I am sorry to bother you….but can we talk….about Jimin….please (y/n)” Stephany said already taking a step inside your apartment, not even asking for permission. At this very moment, the soggy mess in the bowl looked as appetizing as a sirloin steak.

 

A pin drop would sound as loud as a lion’s roar with the silence that had been established in the living room. It had been fifteen minutes since you had surrendered with pity at the broken looking mess of a girl that was now sitting in front of you tapping her foot nervously.

Your patience was growing thin, her eyes landed on yours and as if she had read your mind she hiccuped as a lone tear escaped, “Jimin...he doesn’t want to see me again. He says I ruined you guys. I didn’t…. Did I? He said I ed up the best thing that has ever happened to him. I didn’t mean to. I love him…...but….. I love you too….you are like a sister to me,” Stephany said as she roughly wiped away the tears that were now pouring out uncontrollably from her eyes.

“Could’ve fooled me” you thought out loud unconsciously.

“What did you say??” she said as her pretty face turned to you, complete shock rippled through her deep blue orbs. Her tears stopped as you took a deep breath, her attention now solely on you.

“Look Stephany, either you are playing stupid with me, or you are truly blind to anything but yourself. Don’t get me wrong, I truly love you as a friend, but when it comes to Jimin….. You are always there or you manage to squish yourself into everything we do. Whenever you are gone is like a vacation for me that I can enjoy happily with my love. The one that recently I have come to realize was never mine, to begin with. I should have just gotten the guts to express my discontent a lot sooner with this whole set up of you calling Jimin as if he was your own personal support animal. I am tired of holding everything I feel, for the sake of your wellbeing. I am going to put myself first. Not you or Jimin. If you guys co-depend on each other so much, then why won’t you both just leave me alone already. I can do it on my own, just like I have these past few years, but without you and Jimin dragging me down along with your ed up relationship. I am done. You guys go love each other, count me out of whatever this is,” you said standing up from your previous spot. You could blame your unrestrained rant on the pregnancy hormones that had you borderline psycho now at days, and take it all away, but no….you meant it...every single word. You had been keeping your pent-up feelings for way too long and they needed to be released. It felt like a breath of fresh air, and the heavy burden that had been building on with every step had finally given out. You walked straight now, with your head up high, nothing could bring you down at this point.

“But he doesn’t love me. Not in that way. He loves you,” Stephany said without any hesitation.

You sat back down on the couch, your feet were swollen and if anyone had to move at this point it would have to be her. You scrunched up your eyebrows at the stubbornness etched in Stephany’s words.

“Ok Stephany, now I know…. You are clearly not all there….you make stupid look smart at this point,” you replied rolling your eyes at her.

“Well, you are pretty stupid as well. Jimin loves you so much. You clearly have no idea how much that man loves you.” Stephany replied sounding completely appalled at you.

“Stop. Stephany Stop. You are not making sense at all,” you said as you started feeling tears forming in your eyes. The pain of the past mixed with the present situation smacking your right back in the face, “I saw you...and the kiss”

“Oh my god, the kiss… Why didn’t you speak up??? You obviously did not see the whole thing….He pushed me away (y/n). He pushed me away like he has many times before...even before you, Jimin doesn’t love me the way he loves you. I am his friend...I am like a sister, and if anyone is to blame for any misunderstanding in this situation I know it is me, and I am sorry” she said reaching out for one of your balled up hands.

You pulled your hands away before any skin contact could be made, her mere presence was making slightly nauseous with stress, you couldn’t imagine what her touch could do, “He still ran to you, he left me behind for you so many times. I was never first. You were. Regardless of what kind of love it is, he obviously loves you more.”

“No, he doesn’t,” she said with a sad smile on her face, “Look...when I first knocked on Jimin’s door with a newborn Nataly in arms I came in begging for him to take me back. He said no, and even asked me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter