I'll Never Be Her (.1.)

I'll Never Be Her (JiminXReader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jimin X Reader

Genre: Angst/ Romance

Summary: You loved him with all your heart, but he could only give you half of his.

Jimin was the love of your life, your night in shining armor when she wasn’t around.

She was his ex girlfriend,  his first love, actually she was his many firsts and she kept coming back.

He had warned you she was his weakness, but you didn’t listen, because to you having him even if it was only partially was better than not having him at all.

At least for now.

Word Count: 4.7K+

Author’s Note: I hope you guys enjoy this Fic. It started off as a One Shot request, and it grew into this angsty mess. It is a Short Series. I have 3 Chapters planned so far. Let me know what you think. Feedback makes me happy!

Minor Grammar mistakes possible. I will edit more if needed.

I am so nervous to post this haha. LEAVE SOME LOVE!

 

 

 

She was back. Once again, she stood before him with crystal clear tears running down her cheeks. Your heart ached seeing him run to her without a regard of what he was leaving behind as he flew towards the light he had sought after all these years. Her. She had been his dream, his answer to his prayers, but sadly faith had guided her heart to someone else. 
When you had decided to be with Jimin, he had warned you about this. He had told you about her. He had shared his weakness as you both laid upon his bed after you made love for the first time. He was afraid you would run out after, but you stayed. Your heart had been stubborn.

The first time she walked into your life was a week after you had moved in with him. The slamming of her small fist against your door waking you both from slumber. Before you could utter a word Jimin had rushed out to put on his pj pants running to the door, as if there was a horde of zombies chasing him. You walked curiously behind him wandering your way into the living room. 
There she was laying upon his chest in a fetal position rocking back and forth. His hands caressing her blond locks softly as if she was made out of crystal. He kissed her forehead softly, and she looked up into his eyes. Your heart rate beating faster and faster as his lips now traveled to her nose pecking the tip like he had done to you so many times. Your breath hitching as you could only assume from experience what comes next, but he didn’t have to lean in, she reaches out and seals her lips against his.
Your close your eyes quickly not wanting to witness anything else. Your heart shattered into pieces, but you knew. You had known all this time that no matter how many moments were shared between Jimin and you, he would never be completely and devotedly yours.

 

 

Fast forward 3 years and she still comes around. It had been 5 months since she had last visited, and for a moment you had dared to dream she was gone for good. She sat at your table giggling at a joke Jimin had just said while you stirred the boiling noodles, trying to ignore the knot in your throat that had been present so many times, you had become an expert in swallowing up your tears.

“So, (Y/N) I heard from Jimin that you are teaching a kinder class, that must be quite a challenge. Nataly is a handful on her own, I can’t imagine having 15 more of her running around at the same time,” she said adding a giggle at the end, her rosy cheeks rendering even you speechless.

“Well...yeah...they are a handful, but I love what I do, and I wouldn't have it any other way.” You said trying to sound more confident than you actually were. You loved your students so much, but you couldn't hide the fact that your feet and headaches have become a daily friend of yours.

“Y/N is also the cheerleading coach for her school,” Jimin said giving you a smile that hasn't been thrown your way all day, causing a blush to appear on your cheeks.

You looked back at her face, her cheeks still rosy from before giving her an angelic glow. You wondered if your blush gave you the same effect, but after seeing the way Jimin’s attention went back to her beautiful face without giving you a second glance your silent questions had been answered.

Your blush had nothing on hers.

 

Her name was Stephanie. She was 3 years older than you, just like Jimin. They had grown up together. They were each other’s first kiss, first relationship, first love, and first time. It was all butterflies and rainbows, they had been attached at the hip. Jimin liked telling you stories about their many adventures, which you had embraced as a beautiful fairy tale. A once upon a time fiction that had no happy ending.

Everything had been smooth sailing for them until Stephanie turned 17 when her family dragged her along to move hours away from her beloved. Their relationship deteriorated, until long hours on the phone and video calls turned into a text or 2 a week. They ended it. The relationship was too difficult to keep up with. They said they would remain friends, and forever love each other in some way, but Stephanie never called, messaged, or visited. So, after much heartbreak Jimin’s life went on.

3 years later though, Stephanie knocked at his door, a baby in arms and a diamond on her finger.

1 year later you came along. You were late.

Sometimes you wonder if you had come a year earlier when Stephanie was still MIA(Missing in Action) would you still be in this position??

Would she still hold half of Jimin’s heart captive?

As much as you dance around the many possibilities of an alternate scenario of Jimin’s life….you always come to the conclusion that no matter the outcome she would always have a place in his world, but you…..

You were not her.

 

You wish you hated her.

You wish you could despise the very earth she walked on, but you couldn't.

She was attentive, headstrong, and kind. She was like a happy virus, a gift to the dull world you lived in.

You confided in her all your problems, blurring out the ones that revolved around her. You treasured her friendship. You sought her out when you were down, and for that, you didn't hate her…..you couldn't…

You hated yourself.

 

She was captivating in an odd sense of the word. You always wondered what went through her mind when her ocean blue eyes wandered around the many frames scattered around the apartment you shared with Jimin. Every frame held a special moment between the both of you. From kisses to birthdays, to random outing at random places. Each moment full of love. Love that for at least the moment the flash went off you forgot you shared.

“He loves you, you know,” you said softly not wanting to disturb the little girl that lay asleep upon her lap. The soft blond locks interlaced with Stephanie’s fingers as she ran them up and down soothingly.

She looked at you wide-eyed, caught off guard by your comment. A silent pause. Her eyes roamed uncomfortably around the apartment until they were met again by your figure. Your anxious trembling hands being her main point of focus as a sad smile decorated her face, “I know” she said causing you took inhale a deep breath as the knot formed in your throat once again “but he loves you more”

 

His arms were warm and strong as he held you, his soft breathing tickling the space behind your ear lightly. You sighed, cautiously turning to face him. His face calm, a small smile blessing his soft pink lips. You leaned forward to meet his softly, not wanting to wake him up, but not being able to hold back the urge to feel the warmth of his soft pillows.

He holds you tighter as he buries his face in the crook of your neck, his voice raspy from sleep “Love, what are you doing still awake?”

Your hand runs through his thick soft black hair “I have a stomach ache”

He picks up his head, concern written all over his face “Oh no babe, do you want me to make you a tea??”

Your hands travel to his cheeks squishing them lightly “No I am okay, can you just put your warm hands on my tummy. Don't worry, pre-period cramps. Nothing extreme, just a pain to deal with”

Jimin nods in understanding. He has rubbed your tummy several times before to make you feel better during your red sea crusades.

He lifts up the blanket to reach underneath your shirt, his hand moving in a soothing circular motion.

“Better??” He asks raising up his eyebrows cutely.

“Much” you reply as you lean forward to kiss the tip of his nose.

He gives you a sleepy smile as your heart launches out of your chest.

How had you gotten so lucky?

His smile intensifies to a full-blown grin as he uncovers you and moves down to where his face meets your stomach.

Soft butterfly kisses sprinkled across your tummy lovingly making your face grow warm.

How?

You wouldn't call yourself beautiful, interesting, or fit. You had love handles, untamable hair, and every once in a while, you would bloom out the nastiest volcano of a pimple.

Jimin. He was perfect. His soft skin and rosy cheeks were the envy of everyone who crossed his path. His smile was sweet like honey as his eyes formed cute crescents that put the stars to shame. His jaw sharp and refine giving him a manly profile that took your breath away. Even his shadow was attractive, that was just who Park Jimin was …. Perfection.

“(Y/N)” he said tearing you away from your spiraling thoughts as he lay his warm cheek right above your belly button. Your breathing causing his face to move up and down slowly with the motions.

“Hmm babe” you responded as sleep started once again to sound appealing.

“I hope that when we have a baby, she or he will look just like you. Your big eyes and gorgeous smile is a must” he said as he used his finger to draw patterns on your skin.

“As long as they have your pink lips and high cheekbones” you replied as you ruffled his hair playfully.

He moved his face toward yours to deliver the sweetest of kisses “We would make some beautiful babies, you know that”

A bright smile adorned your face, it was at moments like this where Stephany was nonexistent in the world of you and Jimin. It was just the two of you and no one else.

 

The days and weeks that served as R&R before Stephany made an appearance once again in your life, was what aided the relationship between you and Jimin. Her physical absence from your apartment was like a breath of fresh air after being underwater for what felt like an eternity. Whether intentional or not you exchanged daily texts with Stephany. For her, it was a friendship related courtesy check-in, but for you, it was a forecast to predict the possibility of her infamous visits.

 

It was a weekend when things turned awfully sour. Her text message was simple, without any sort of foreshadowing of the mess that would end up in your plate.

 

(Y/n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter