ONE

Sweet Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What did you say?" Dara's eyes narrowed dangerously as she stared at the man in front of her. "I absolutely forbid you to! You can’t do this! Do you hear me, Kim Jaejoong?!"

 

"Sandara.." Jaejoong sighed. He never expected that she'd react like this at his news. He eyed the tears that started pouring out of her eyes the moment he said her name. "It's really not up to you.. You know -"

 

Sandara stood up, refusing to listen. She stared out the window into the garden of her spacious home. "After everything we've been through.. You do this?!" She turned accusing eyes towards him. "I thought you forgave me already?! You said you did! So why are you doing this to me?!"

 

“Sandara. Come on. Be reasonable.” Jaejoong begged. He knows he doesn’t need her permission but for some reason that pouting girl right there always calls forth some pretty weird feelings in him. It’s probably because after everything they’ve been through, their lives are intrinsically linked.

 

“Reasonable?” Sandara turned to him, all the furies of hell showing in her usually angelic face. “You drop news like this without any warning. At a time like this! And you expect me to be reasonable?”

 

Jaejoong flinched as her voice seemed to raise an octave higher with every word. “Sandara..”

 

“What?” She turned towards him so vehemently, he worried she would have broken her neck.

 

He reached out a hand towards her. “You remember when I asked you to run away with me?”

 

He saw her surprise at the fact that he brought it up and he also saw her struggle to hold on to her anger. When she lost that fight, she turned a more powerful weapon at him. Her eyes filled with tears and she bit her lip as she tried to stop them from falling. “Why are you doing this to me? We agreed.. You said you were okay with it.. You said what I wanted made sense.. You said you were happy to do it for me.. Now, this? Now, you don’t want me there?”

 

“Sandara..” He called again, breaking her away from her tear-filled words. He gestured towards his hand again.

 

He knew both of them could picture it clearly. That night. That fateful night where everything started. Oh, there were many nights before but that one clearly stood out because that was the night they made a choice.

 

They stepped away from their worlds and took a chance on each other.

 

Both of them knew what they were risking and both of them knew it would be worth it.

 

“You know what I feel for you.” He continued. “You’ve always known I would do anything for you. Even at the very beginning you trusted me. Even at the middle when things weren’t so good. So trust me one more time..”

 

Sandara looked at the hand he was offering and she knew she couldn’t deny him anything. But it hurts! She closed her eyes at the flashes of memories. Goddammit. It hurts.

 

She looked at the man in front of her and through her tears she could see a much younger version of this man. With his hand extended towards her, she could hear the words he said way back when..

 

______________________________________

 

WAY BACK WHEN

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter