2.2

Bound by Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie, are you okay?" A concerned Joy asked as she saw Jisoo's pale face.

"I'm fine."Jisoo managed a watery smile as she sat down in front of the mirror to do her makeup.

"Are you sure?"Joy persisted."I can ask Junhoe to let someone else take your place tonight if you're not up for it."

"No!"Jisoo said in a panic."I mean, I'm fine. I can do it."

Joy's brows furrowed, not believing Jisoo's words but nodded.

"You're up in five minutes, Jisoo."Bobby popped his head into the dressing room to inform her.

"Okay."Jisoo said as she applied one last layer of lipstick to her already ruby red lips.

She took a deep breath and plastered on a smile as the curtains pulled apart.

She forced her smile to stay on as she heard wolf whistles and the smell of cigarettes that permeate the air.

This is her life.

By day, she works at a travelling agency.

By night, she sings at a sleazy night club. 

It hadn't always been like that though.

She used to have life, just like any other 24 year old. She used to have the dream of travelling around the world, hence why she took a job at a traveling agency. And, she used to dream of the future she and her college sweetheart, Kim Junmyeon, would have.

But those dreams shattered when the person she trusted most in the world left her without any notice. He took everything with him but left the debt he owed to her.

It was the reason why she was now working at this night club, having to pay off the debt Junmyeon owed to Sehun.

As she sang, a lone tear escaped out of the corner of her eye.

I do not want this life, she thought.

Her song came to an end and she bowed.

When she straightened up, she felt as if the room was tilting and grabbed onto the mic stand for support.

Jisoo smiled and thanked the audience once again before walking off the stage.

"Jisoo." Bobby came over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "You feeling okay? You looked like you were about to faint just now."

Jisoo managed to smile and wave away his concern.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter