Chapter | 7

The Fate Of Us All | Exo

Tao stood over Lay's still body, pulling a chair out. He seated himself in silence, and gazed at the boy's face. He took Lay's idle hand in his and began to it softly, warming the cool skin. As he did, he began to speak to the unconscious boy in front of him. 

"My boyfriend's not doing very well. He's got some issues at the moment, and he won't tell me other wise he's worried that I'll be worried. I'm not too worried about him though. Yifan is strong." Tao's voice was soft and gentle, as if he would wake Lay at any moment. 

"He's so strong and I know he can take care of himself. But why doesn't he trust me enough to tell me? Am I doing something wrong?" Tao asked these questions, pausing for a moment. He looked at Lay expectantly, willing the boy to wake up and answer his questions. 

He didn't.

Tao continued. "Suho left and went back to his province. I think he went to find out what happened to you Lay. He's so worried for you. He...he loves you so much gege. He tries to hide everything, but I just know he's going to break soon."

Tao looked at his watch, and five minutes had already passed. He was only allowed ten. He'd better hurry up. 

"Suho also started smoking, even though he's like some health nutritionist. Something's up with him. It seems like he's hiding things from me. Everyone is just lying to me." Tao looked at Lay sadly. "At least you're not lying to me right gege?" 

Tao got up and headed over to a faucet on the left side of the room, grabbing a cloth and holding it under the running water. Once it was damp, the boy brought it over to the latter and began to clean his face. He smiled, talking as he did so. 

"No wonder Suho hyung loves you. Your eyes are so pretty." He wiped them gently. "So is your nose." He ran the cloth along his nose. "Your beautiful cheeks." He began to compliment every single physical aspect of the boy's face and cleaned it in the process. 

After he was done, he brought his face closer to lay's and whispered. "But you know what else is beautiful? Your laugh. I miss your laugh so much gege. I miss the way your dimples appear when you smile." 

Tao sighed as Lay's face remained still. He sighed and got up, washing the cloth.

-

-

It was a bad idea for Luhan and Sehun to be in one room alone. Maybe a few years ago, it would've been for a completely different reason than the current one. Right now, the younger was just so angry at Luhan for misleading him. 

During lunch, Sehun had received a note in his locker from Chen apparently, to meet in the exact classroom they were standing in right now. Sehun had immediately cursed at himself when his eyes fell upon the petite boy in front of him.

Sehun had him pinned against the wall, his forearm pressing hard against the others chest. Sehun's eyes were red and angry, his cold dmeanour disapearring. At that moment, he didn't care about hiding his emotions or feelings. All he cared about was punching the guy in front of him. 

Sehun pulled back, raising his arm back, fist clenched. Luhan closed his eyes, waiting readily to receive the blow. But it never came. Luhan opened his eyes to find Sehun staring at him in a confused, and hurt way. 

Why was Luhan being so submissive? Whatever the reason was, Sehun wouldn't have it. Sehun lowered his arm, and proceeded to grip Luhan's collar. Luhan let Sehun do as he pleased and the boy began to vent. 

"I ing hate you, you know that?" Sehun said in angered breaths. 

Luhan nodded. "I-I know, but I just--"

"No! You don't get to speak at the moment." He pushed against Luhan harder and the boy winced. Sehun didn't care. He wanted him to hurt. "First, let me ing enlighten you." He  pulled back, his grip still on the latter's collar. He dragged him to the desks in a violent manner. 

Shoving Luhan onto the desk, Sehun towered over him pushing his head back onto the table, so that he was facing the ceiling with the younger on top of him. Luhan's legs dangled, but Sehun stayed planted with his feet on the floor. "First you deceive me into loving you. Then you convinced me to elope with you." 

Sehun's breath of anger tingled against Luhan's skin, and the latter felt Sehun's grips begin to falter. He glanced down at his collar and saw that the younger's hands were shaking. "Then what the did you do? You ran off with that ing friend of yours and cheated on me! You bastard!"

Sehun began to hammer at Luhan's chest with his fist, but the blows were weak. "When I found you on that ing bed with him, I knew I'd already made the mistake to fall for you. , I was the dumbest kid there was...no wonder you cheated on me." Sehun's voice began to crack, and tears were threatening to escape. 

The hammering stopped completely, and the weight on Luhan became heavier. Sehun's face had inched its way closer to Luhan's and their uneven breaths mixed. With careful movements, Luhan held Sehun's face in his hands so that their eyes were locked. 

He searched the younger's eyes and he no longer detected anger. He only saw hurt. Sehun saw Luhan open his moth to respond but that was no good. If Luhan started apologise, Sehun might've forgiven him, or beleived his fake words. 

So Sehun closed the gap between them, taking Luhan's lips in his. This was wrong and Sehun knew it...but it felt so right. Sehun's hands returned to Luhan's collar, gripping on desperately. Luhan was surprised at first, but still responded, giving his all to Sehun. The kid deserved everything in the world, but Luhan had given him nothing but pain. It was only fair for him to be submissive.

He knew it wasn't out of love. Their kiss was out of anger, fear and hurt. But oh it felt so good to have Sehun's lips on his again. Sehun delved into his former lover's lips greedily, pushing hard against the small boy underneath him. 

Sehun abused his mouth, biting on the older's lips. The connection made him feel on fire, it made him feel alive.

He hated Luhan so much. He hated the guy to his guts. And yet, Luhan was the only one who could make Sehun's stomach flip after their lips connected. It was sloppy messy and rushed. Sehun pulled back for a second to catch his breath. His eyes were still closed, but Luhan's weren't. 

He looked at Sehun, his hands still cupping the younger's face. He moved forward and gave Sehun a small light peck. Not out of pity or as an apology, but out of love. As much as he hated himself for being so selfish, his feelings for Sehun never faded. 

"I'm sorry Sehun." But the apology wasn't for his past mistakes. It was for his current one. 

-

-

At lunch, Kai had also received a letter in his locker telling him to meet Chen in a certain classroom. He just shrugged and went along with it. Maybe his hyung needed to talk privately to him. 

Upon arriving, Kai immediately realised something wasn't right when he met the eyes of the school's beloved student body president. He frowned at the older and folded his arms. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here for you. Chen wasn't the one who put that letter into your locker...I did." 

Kai's eyes widened at the revelation. "What? Why? Why would you have anything to do with me?"

Kyungsoo suddenly looked away from the taller and at his feet, twiddling with his fingers. "I-I...I uh...I don't want you to find me creepy, but...I like you Kai." 

Kai was perplexed by the response. He didn't know how to respond. He'd never really been in a relationship before. Were they supposed to be this upfront? "Uh...I guess that we're dating then?" Kai said--well asked more like.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened with surprise but then remembered his purpose of coming there. He quickly pretended to be happy with excitement. "R-Really?" The boy stuttered. "We're like boyfriends then? Officially?" 

Kai nodded unsure. "Yeah..I guess." He turned to the door, ready to leave, but Kyungsoo rushed to stop him. 

"Where are you going?"

"Back to the cafeteria."

Kyungsoo pretended to pout and he felt like the biggest idiot in the world. "Aw but, b-but I'll be all alone. I need my boyfriend." Kyungsoo felt like dying inside. What in the world was he playing at?

Kai just looked confused and said. "Okay? I'll stay Kyungsoo." 

-

-