Chapter | 4

The Fate Of Us All | Exo

When the three arrived home, Chen was immediately called to his master's study. There, he was told that he, and a few of the others were to attend a dinner with some business partners. He was asked to pass on the message and he quickly hurried to deliver it.

Most of the family were home by now, and were currently occupying the big room. No one had any appointments that day. They were all postponed due to the dinner that evening. But of course, they would have to make up for it another day.

Chen announced the news and everyone got to work. Kai organised their packs, and handed them out one by one. Each one contained perfume, condoms, lube and breath freshener. It was normal routine. 

They helped each other with their make up, and fitting into their tuxedoes. But there was something missing. Lay. Usually, Lay was the one to fix the ties, and bow ties. But ever since that night, no one had heard from him or Baekhyun. 

They weren't told what happened, but the older kids of the family had a good idea of what probably happened. It was a rare occurence in the family, but it had happened before. Changmin and Victoria, had disappeared just six years ago, and no one forgot it. 

Master made sure they knew why the two were cast out, and it was because they broke the rules.

No one ever just 'disappeared' from that household. There were specific rules and jobs to be followed, and if you stepped out of line, you were either punished or cast out. Lay and Baekhyun received both of the options.

For what they were punished, Chen was unsure of. But no one ever questioned masters demands. It was just another part of their miserable lives. 

-

-

Tao stared at the piece of paper in front of him. He wasn't quite sure what it meant or why he had found it in Baekhyun's box of belongings. All he knew was that Baekhyun had told him nothing of it.

It was something of a business card, but Tao was sure that the kid never had a job. He didn't even have enough money to support himself. The card was tattered and the only visible words were: 

Grafton Home   

Tao wasn't sure what it meant, but he was sure it would lead him to how Baekhyun ended up where he was that night.

It was almost three months ago, but Tao still remembered everything so clearly. 

-

-

3 Months Prior; Night of the accident

Tao had just finished a lecture of his, late at night. It was 10:45 when he checked his watch. He'd just unlocked his car when his phone began to ring. Tao was hoping it to be Kris asking him out to dinner, but he knew better than to hope his boyfriend wasn't working. He was always working. 

He frowned when he saw the caller ID read 'Baekk'. Didn't Baekhyun say that he'd be away that week? Tao just dismissed the thought. It was always nice to get a call from his friend. 

"Hello?" He answered. 

Immediately, he was bombarded with distressing sound of Lay's voice. "T-Tao. H-He's bleeding! There's blood everywhere! Please, please come get us."

"What? Lay talk clearer, I don't understand. Why do you have Baek's phone? What's happening?" He asked, the grave worry evident in his voice.

More sobbing came from over the line, with more distressing replies. "It's Baekhyun. He's bleeding everywhere. They just came out of no where and beat us up....they punched him so hard. They had him on the floor a-and they were k-kicking him" Lay cut himself off with more sobbing and . 

"Who's they Lay? Who took you?" 

Lay sobbed with such pain that Tao's blood began to broil with fear and anger. "I don't know. We were just going to the store to grab something when they just knocked us out a-and threw us into the car. The next thing I knew I was on the floor and they kicked me in the stomach. It hurts Tao. It hurts so much." 

Tao took this as a chance to speak, as he quickly climbed into his car. "Lay, tell me where you are, I'm coming to get you. Just tell me where you are."

"They, they took us somewhere. I-I don't know where. There's blood everywhere Tao...I don't what to do Tao, Baekhyun...he's not talking to me and I don't know if he's...if he's, dead." 

"Just tell me where you are Lay. Are there any streets signs? Any stores? Cafes?"

The line went quiet for a moment, excluding the gulps coming from Lay. 

After a moment, Lay answered. "I saw a sign. It said Anvil street. Please get here quick Tao, I don't know what to do....please."

Tao immediately recognised the name of the street. Anvil street was where his taekwondo lessons used to be. And it wasn't far from where he was.

-

-

Chnayeol woke up to a pounding head and the driest throat he'd ever experienced. Luckily for him, on the bedside table was a sizeable drink bottle. Without thinking, he downed it thirstily, and after finishing, exhaled loudly. 

"Looks like someone's thirsty." 

Chanyeol looked up at the sound of the voice. In front of his bed sat a man dressed in a white coat with an ID badge over his pocket. Around his neck he wore a stethoscope, and underneath his coat....scrubs. 

Chanyeol took the image in and then looked around the room. This wasn't his room. He then realised that he wasn't in his apartment. At that he jumped, pulling the sheets over himself. He wasn't wearing his own clothes either. From head to toe, Chanyeol was dressed in hospital attire. 

"What am I doing here?" He asked the man, whom he assumed to be a doctor. 

"Being treated." The man replied.

"You were brought in by an ambulance. You'd almost been hit by a car, and you'd drunken five times over the average dose of alcohol. Just that of course is bad, but the fact that you did it whilst suffering from jaundice is even worse." The man stood up and towered over the boys bed, folding his arms. 

"What made you do it?" He asked

Chanyeol frowned. "Do what?" 

"Drink." The doctor answered blatantly. 

"It's none of your ing business." 

The man just nodded. "I see." He moved over to a monitor, in which Chanyeol never noticed and began looking at it intensely. 

Chanyeol was surprised. The doctor didn't even look affected at his rude language. It went silent for a moment before Chanyeol spoke up. "I don't have to pay for this right? The treatment I mean."

The man smiled. "Well, you were an emergency patient, so I'm guessing no, but since we're treating jaundice here, you'll probably have to apply for medication which they'll bill you for." Before Chanyeol could protest, the man carried on. "But I had that taken care of. Since you're still a kid, I paid for it." 

"Who even are you?"

The man turned and faced Chanyeol. "I'm Doctor Wu head of general surgery here at Seoul's hospital."

-

-

Luhan was mucking around with Xiumin when the door bell rang. They were currently residing in Xiumin's large home, seeing as his parents were out of the country, playing around with a fake tinder account. Luhan flopped onto the bed, burying his face into the pillows. 

"I don't live here, so I'm not getting it."

Xiumin rolled his eyes, "Well no sherlock."

Xiumin took his time downstairs, and their visitor seemed to be impatient because he rang the bell once more. "Yeah, yeah. I'm coming!"

When he opened it, he met the face of his cousin, Junmyeon. He was happy, yet surprised to see him. The last time Junmyeon's family came around was a year ago, before they're company branched out to the states. As far as Xiumin knew, Junmyeon never went to the America, but he did stop going to his school. 

He must've transferred. 

"Junmyeon? What are you doing here?" Xiumin asked, leaning against his door frame.

"It's a long story." He replied. "Do you mind if I come in?"

Xiumin nodded. "Nah, come in. I was just upstairs with a friend of mine. Do you want to join us Junmyeon?" 

He shrugged, "Might as well." The two headed up the stairs. As they did Junmyeon asked Xiumin a favor. 

"Can you do something for me Hyung?" 

Xiumin nodded, "Yeah, what is it?"

"Don't tell your parents I'm here. Or mine."

"Why? How long do you intend on staying?"

"A couple weeks, don't worry, I'll only come back during the night." Junmyeon replied.

"What are you doing?"

"I want to go back to school."

"You do realize that you have to register for these things, and talk to the principal and what not." Xiumin said unsure of his cousin's motives. 

Junmyeon nodded. "I know. But I've got a friend there who can pull some strings. It'll be like I never left."

"So that's it?" Xiumin asked cocking an eyebrow. "Do you need anything else? Like clothes?"

Junmyeon shook his head. "I don't think so. Oh, wait. One more thing."

"What is it?"

"Call me Suho from now on."

-

-