Chapter | 1

The Fate Of Us All | Exo

 

Chanyeol was sitting by the sidewalk, chugging his fifth can. He let out a large burp, earning stares from the strangers surrounding him, but he couldn't care less about them. There was only one person on his mind. 

Baekhyun.

He had been drinking for hours, and the alcohol was finally getting to him. He threw up the contents of his empty stomach, coughing and gagging out the horrible stuff. After ridding himself of the substance, he began to walk home. 

But fate wasn't on his side today. His head was throbbing and he could barely see what he was doing, and his vision was gradually worsening. The pounding in his head was severe, and his need for water was now greater than ever. 

Across the road and busy traffic, the male spotted a large fountain in which kids were splashing and playing around in, whilst others threw coins in making silent wishes. His throat was parched and his tongue was dry. So, without thinking, he took a step forward, losing his balance and tumbling face forward to the earth. 

The last thing he heard was the loud squeal of brakes and the screech of a car horn.

-

-

Apparently being gay was now accepted in this world, according to the media. The marriage of same has been legalised in over twenty nations. And yet...Kris still felt the same as always. 

Unaccepted

But that was normal for him. Attending work, only to be looked down on as a minority; which was pretty ironic, seeing as he was head of his own medical department. It especially didn't help with the ethnic difference between him and others there. Being Chinese had its perks....if you were still in China.

Yet, the man felt no self pity, no regret in being who he was. Because he had the one person he would love, and always love to the end of his life. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

-

-

"Here." Suho said, sliding the paper bag over the counter. "You got what you asked for." 

The man in front of him grinned taking the paper bag greedily in his hands, and waved the high school kid off on his way. Suho made sure to keep his head down as he exited the night club, taking only the dark and dim alley's and streets. He couldn't afford to get caught.

When he arrived at his home, he was glad that no one was home. Not that they were ever home at all. His parents probably asked for extra work in order to avoid taking care of their only remaining child. 

Suho sat on his bed, staring at the drugs that had been removed from his pocket. They would save him. They would save the person he loved. They could save Lay.

Tomorrow night, Suho would be on his way again, only this time, to the hospital. Where he could smuggle the drugs into his favourite doctor, Kris Wu. Kris would surely help Lay, seeing as he was Chinese like the kid.

But it was to the expense of his own career. But it was something both the men were willing to do in order to save Lay. 

-

-

Chen was taking out the garbage when his master barked at him to get inside. He quickly obeyed, making sure to place the bag full of rubbish close enough to the road. With that, he ran inside, pulling his jacket on tighter. 

The previous night, he'd had two clients. One had been nice, but the next was sheer torture for him. He made a mental note to take a shower soon. He'd felt so....dirty. The feel of their hands in places he didn't want them, made him shiver in disgust. 

His master told him to get ready soon if he wanted to get school, and Chen willingly obeyed, seeing as school was his place of refuge. With his uniform on, and his long sleeved jacket, Chen was ready and was soon on the bus, heading to school. 

He hopped off and did his usual sitting himself in the same seat as always, in every single class. But then came PE. He dreaded physical ed, due to the fact that he was hopeless, and he didn't want anyone to see the shameful marks all over his skin. 

Today though, he thought he could get away once again with 'forgetting' his gear, but instead the teacher demanded that he wear something from the lost property. Chen wanted to cry, to protest in any way he could, because he couldn't bear the judging glances he would receive once he was exposed. 

But then his saviour came to the rescue. Someone who he didn't even think knew that Chen existed. It was Xiumin, the short, yet handsome school jock. Xiumin told the teacher that he had hurt Chen during lunch break, and that it wasn't safe for Chen to be participating in the lesson. 

The teacher gave him a questioning look, but let him off, nonetheless. Chen wanted to praise the guy, kiss him even. But Xiumin just looked down and turned, walking off to his own group of friends. 

Chen spent the rest of the lesson, thinking of a way to thank the boy.

-

-

"Why'd you do it?" Luhan asked his friend.

Xiumin shrugged, focusing on the task at hand, which was defending his goal. "Just felt bad for the kid you know? He looked like he hadn't gotten an hour of sleep. Didn't you see the bags under his eye?"

"Well, I will admit it. The kid looks problematic...So is this some sympathy project of yours then?"

Xiumin shrugged once again. "No, just felt like helping him out. Not everyone here disregards minors Lu." 

"Hey, I don't disregard. I just politely show them their place." 

Xiumin just sighed. Luhan could really be a dimwit sometimes. "Yeah, sure. Call it whatever you want." 

Luhan saw that the ball was moving towards them, so before he had to run back into the field again, he told Xiumin, "Just don't up like I did with that Oh kid alright? Chen...looks fragile. Wouldn't want to break him."

-

-