Living in his fairytale [1/2]

Dong Bang Birthday Collection!

BEFORE anyone jumps to conclusions, this is NOT a Yunho/Yoona story! It's a Yunho/OC story! In case there are anti-shippers, this is NOT a YunYoon story! Just saying. 

Birthday-shot for Dong Bang Shin Ki’s leader and abeoji, Jung U-know Yunho. Birthday wishes to our loving DBSK’s appa, happy 26th birthday, oppa! 

I do not own Jung Yunho, Im Yoona, Lee Donghae or any other artist mentioned in the story. I only own the plot. This is only for entertainment purposes and I do not mean to tangle any rights of anyone. This story is MY idea, it being like any other story is pure coincidental. Do NOT plagiarize.

 

[1/2]

 

“IM INNA!”

Mother’s loud shout made me jump out of the bed at once. As soon as I did so, I groaned, my eyes landing on the wall clock on the wall in front of me.

It was only seven in the morning.

“What is it, omonim?” I groaned. I heard some mumbling then the annoying voice of my younger twin.

“UNNIE! I’M BACK!”

At that, my door swung open as Im Yoona began strangling me.

“UNNIE! UNNIE!” I almost thought the girl didn’t know any other word.

AISH, Yoong, it’s just seven in the morning! Let me sleep!” I whined, pushing her away and crawling under the covers.

“But unnie! There’s someone whom I want you to meet! UNNIE!” Yoona whined.

“Go away!” I shouted.

“Im Inna, that’s not the way to treat your sister.” I heard mother’s firm voice.

“But omma! It’s just seven!” I whined from under the sheets. “And Yoong, I don’t like meeting celebs, so don’t bother.” I growled.

“Unnie..jebal!” Yoona whined.

“Is it Kimura Takuya?” I asked, sitting up at once.

Yoona scoffed. “Like I’m giving him up to you.”

“Well, you said a celeb, and he’s the only person whom I want to meet!” I whined.

Before Yoona could say anything more, we both heard mother clearing . “I’m also here.” Her voice was annoyed and almost angry.

“Omonim!” I whined again. She shook her head.

“Get up, get changed and get down. Yoona, your abeoji wants to talk to you.” She said and walked away.

I shifted my gaze towards Yoona who sighed and turned to me. “Jebal, unnie. I really want you to meet him.” she said with a small smile on her face.

I rolled my eyes. “Who is he, your boyfriend?” I asked her, with a mischievous smile twitching up the corners of my lips.

She lightly glared at me and shook her head. “Ani, unnie. He’s a really close oppa. You also know him, unnie. You might have just forgotten him.” she said and began standing up, but I grabbed her wrist.

“Who is it?” I asked her. Her words had made me really curious. A close oppa to her whom I might have forgotten. Or a close oppa to me? Or a close oppa to both of us? Or…Donghae?

“About time you got interested.” She grinned, evilly. That grin of hers. It really made me want to slap her face. Even though she was my younger twin or not. Personality wise, we were as different as the North Pole and South Pole.

I glared at her, playfully. “Fine, don’t tell me.” I said, in a dramatic betrayed voice.

“Mehrong! See you downstairs, unnie.” She said and began leaving. When she walked out of the room, I stood up and also walked to the door.

“Oh yeah, Choding-ah!” I called over to her. She turned around to face me with a confused look. This time it was my face that had an evil grin on it.

“I still have your Prada which you left at my café last time we went there!” I stuck my tongue out at her and quickly shut the door.

“UNNIE! I THOUGHT I LOST THAT! THAT’S MY FAVORITE, UNNIE! YOU HAVE TO GIVE IT BACK! UNNIE!” Yoona shouted.

“IM YOONA!” even over Yoona’s deafeningly loud shouting, mother’s voice shouted.

I laughed evilly to myself. HAH. That’s what you get for waking me up in the morning!

.

“We’ll be going out now, omonim!” I shouted, grabbing Yoona and quickly putting on my sneakers.

“Be back before eight. Your oppa is coming from Japan, we’re going to have a family night, got it?” Mother asked, cleaning the breakfast table. Our father had already gone to work.

“Yeah, yeah..I’ll try! Anneyong! Saranghae!” I kissed our mother’s right cheek while Yoona kissed her left cheek and we dashed out of the door.

“I didn’t know oppa was coming. Isn’t he studying in Japan?” Yoona asked as we walked towards the café which I worked in.

I shrugged. “Must be his semester break. Omo! Did you know? Oppa said that he met Kimura Takuya at a fan signing event!” I exclaimed.

Yoona squealed. That was probably the only thing we shared in common. Kimura Takuya. And Gackt. And Hyde. And Matsujun. Well…in summary, Japanese idols. We both completely adored Japanese idols. We had more of a preference for Japanese over Koreans. Idols or not.

“Did he tell him about us? Wait..he’d already know about me, so that’s not much of a problem, but you..” she trailed off. I punched her arm hard enough for her to feel the pain.

“Ow…seriously, unnie! Why didn’t you try out for the auditions? And you can even sing whilst it’s just rapping and dancing for me!” she said.

“I acted in Japan, of course he’d know me!” I said, but Yoona ignored me and continued.

“And think of other things! You would meet other SM members, and even from other companies! Even Donghae oppa and Yunho oppa!”

At that point, I stopped in my tracks.

“And you could discuss about everything and then you would get over everything and won’t have to…unnie?” Yoona stopped her rambling and turned around to look at me. “Oh..mianhae..” she muttered, probably because of the look on my face.

I didn’t see my face, but I knew my face would be…well, either totally depressed or really angry. Either ways, it wasn’t something I liked. Having my face like that. I was Im Inna. Im Yoona’s identical twin sister. If either of us looked bad, it would be an insult for her. And I treasured my dongsaeng’s image. It was almost as if I was looking at myself. Not only that, I really loved Yoona. And getting her a bad reputation would be something that could drown me in a river of guilt for eternity.

Back on the road, I sighed and walked to Yoona’s side. “I wanted to be a voice actress, Yoong.” I said.

“But you aren’t now! That’s your problem. You can’t stick to one thing. Yesterday you were a voice actress, today you’re a waitress, tomorrow you’d probably be a police officer.” She said, rolling her eyes.

“I was thinking of opening a bakery. You know how I love baking. I’ve even made some of my own recipes! If I can get at the back, should I try to make you some?” I asked her.

For a moment, she looked as if she was about to say no, but then her eyes widened. “Did you say food?” Her eyes were as big as Power puff Girls’. Those huge coconut eyes..they were exactly how Yoona’s were at that moment.

I laughed. Another thing Yoona and I differed in, taste of eating. Yoona was someone who’d eat as look as its food, without even checking whether it was poisonous or not. Me, on the other hand, would eat a lot if in the mood, wouldn’t eat at all if not. It worked out well for me, however. If I didn’t feel like eating, Yoona would eat it all up.

“Well…we can use twin charm on the owner. Then again, Yoong. Why did you make me wear this? We look exactly like each other now!” I asked her.

We were both wearing matching clothes and disguises. Well, Yoona was wearing disguise, but if I had to look like her, I had to too. My hair was also let down like hers. The only difference between us was that I was a little taller than her. Probably two three inches or so, but not too tall. We were total replicas of each other.

“Come on, unnie! The last time we played a trick on a person was before I got into SNSD.  Four years ago, unnie! I miss it!” she said.

I smiled at her. I couldn’t lie, I also missed tricking people like that. It was fun when people couldn’t tell us apart and go like ‘Yoona..Inna?’

“What do you plan on this time?” I looked at her. She just shrugged.

Yoona was not a girl to act without a plan. At least for things like this.

For the first time, I was actually unsure of doing something with Yoona..

.

“Uwa…Unnie, you can really cook!” Yoona said, taking a huge bite from what I had brought for her. I smiled and sat down on the seat in front of her.

Since I was an employee, I was able to go into the kitchen and get whatever I want. It was also a good thing since I said I was with Yoong. And the name ‘Im Yoona’ could do anything you want.

“That’s just a cake, Yoong-ah.” I said, sipping from the milkshake I had brought for myself.

“It’s food, unnie. I don’t know how you cannot understand that.” She said in an exasperated tone.

This time I only smiled and looked out of the window. “Yoong-ah, see that tree?” I asked, pointing over to a specific tree outside. “Isn’t it huge now?” Yoona’s eyes travelled to where I was pointing. I didn’t know unconsciously or not, but a smile appeared on her face.

“It’s hard to believe that that tree was planted when we were born. Appa must be really proud.” She said.

“He planted it for us, he’d be as proud of it as he is of us.” I said.

“That’s another reason why it’s so hard to believe.” She said.

“It’s harder to imagine that you made your best friend fall in love with you under that tree. And also, break his heart under it.” She said added after a while.

At once, my smile faded. I couldn’t tell whether I was or not, but I might have been frowning then. All I knew was with that sentence the package included much misery.

“Unnie, you kn-”

“Yes, I know that it is Yunho’s birthday.” I looked up at Yoona. “What can I do? All I thought of him was a best friend while he…I’m so blind, Yoong-ah. If you hadn’t told me, I might have never known.” I sighed.

“You just loved him too much, unnie. Too much to realize that he was in love with you.” She said, softly. I scoffed but said nothing. What if I did? It couldn’t change the fact that I had made his life miserable.

Without talking anymore, I turned back towards that tree.

Flashback

“Unnie! It’s just a little while. I’ll be back. I’m pretty sure I left it inside the restaurant. Just wait!” Yoona begged me. I sighed. Yoona was a difficult child.

“Go. Get your precious and come. We’re going to be late.” I finally said as I sat down, near the tree on the neat green grass. She placed a peck on my cheek and rushed inside our father’s restaurant to get her Walkman.

I puffed my cheeks in annoyance as I waited for Yoona to come. That was what Yoona was always like. Always forgetting something, getting late and whatnot. She always managed to annoy me in one way if not more.

I turned to the tree and patted its truck. “You’ve grown so big. Why are you so big? You’re also as old as I am. Why am I not as tall as you are?” I asked it.

“Because I’m a tree, of course.” The tree replied. I shot up from my position at once, horrified. Had the tree actually talked back to me? Like…as if it was alive?

“You…you talked!” I exclaimed. I heard chuckling and a sigh.

“Yes, I talked.” It said again.

I frowned and pinched my cheeks. Since it didn’t hurt, I slapped myself. That also didn’t hurt. So I banged my head on the tree. That hurt. From the shock from the pain, I fell on the ground and rubbed my forehead where it had hit the tree.

“Yah! What are you doing, you idiot?!” the next moment a really tall boy was walking towards me from behind the tree with a concerned expression.

“You!” I exclaimed, pointing at him with my eyes widened, momentarily forgetting about the pain. Then my shock expression faded into a confused one. “Who are you?” I asked him, with a little frown on.

He bent down and stared at me. Then he began laughing. “Yah! Don’t laugh!” I pouted. He fell onto the ground laughing and clutching his sides.

I just pouted and hit his leg. There wasn’t anything I could really do. The guy was probably dying laughing.

When he had finally caught a hold of himself, he said in front of me with his long legs crossed. Even though he had his legs crossed, I noticed he was really tall.

“How dumb can you get? You actually thought the tree talked.” He said.

“Don’t insult me!” I said, with no energy or want to protest. The guy was so tall. I was so short. Okay, I was tall but I was nothing compared to this guy.

“Does it hurt?” he asked again, this time with no sound of insult in voice, only filled with genuine concern. He gently held my chin with two of his fingers and turned me towards him. Then poked the place I hit my head.

“YAH! You idiot that hurts!” I shouted.

“Oh! Mian!” he apologized at once. Then gently rubbed the bump. “You’re so stupid. How could even a tree talk? And hit your head on a tree? You’re lucky it didn’t bleed.” He said, still caressing the bump.

“Uh..gomawo. But who are you?” I asked him.

He stood up and stared at me strongly for a while. “My name’s Jung Yunho.” he said.

“OH! That football player everyone in school talks about!” I exclaimed and stood up at once. “You’re really famous, you know. They even say you’re going to that fancy SM place.” I told him.

He only stared at me for a while then shrugged. “I might be. I might not be. You’re Im Inna, right? The new freshmen batch’s famous older twin. You’re also famous.” He grinned and playfully nudged me. I pouted. God, I was doing that a lot.

“I met your sister. When I saw you talking to the tree, I thought that you were her. But…I guess I realized you weren’t her. But I wanted to play along.” He explained.

“You met Yoong? She’s annoying.” I said automatically getting into ‘annoyed at Yoona’ mode. Yunho sunbae laughed.

“She’s cute. Well, identical twins as you are, complimenting you too. But you two have really different personalities.” He commented.

“Like?”

“Like she’s indirect and beats around the bush. You’re direct. She’s annoying but not inquisitive. You’re not annoying but inquisitive. And she’s less dumber than you.” He said and pinched my nose.

“Don’t insult me.” I said, puffing my cheeks. I had enough of his stupid insults.

“Alright. Since you asked so nicely.” He grinned and pinched my nose again. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“By the way,” he said. “What are you waiting for?”

“The ‘it’ you just referred to is Yoona.” I smirked.

“Oh, that thing.” He said, nodding his head approvingly. I gaped at him. I thought he met and liked Yoona. Yet he was insulting her too. This person thing..

“Ah, well. Whatever. Friends?” he asked, taking out his hand for me to shake it. I just shrugged and shook it.

“Ah!” I gasped. “How did you know how to tell me and Yoong apart? Even our oppa mixes us up at times!” I asked him.

“I just can, I guess.” He said.

“JUNH YUNHO!” our eyes darted towards the direction the voice came from. Believe me when I say this, the most handsome guy I ever saw was running our way, panting hair.

Hair covering his ears, beads of sweat falling from his forehead and uniform worn without tucking in, tie done lose with only one, two, three buttons done, the God made on Earth was running in our way with an angry expression.

“You don’t know him too, right?” Yunho asked me, ignoring the other guy’s shout. I shook my head no.

“JUNG YUN-” the guy came up to us and grabbed Yunho’s collar, but Yunho threw an arm around him. “Lee Donghae, quarterback of the football team. Hae, Im Inna. Yoong’s unnie.” Yunho said, introducing us to one another.

I bowed my head, lightly and just smiled. He also smiled.

“Nice to meet you, Inna-ss…Aish, you look so much like Yoona! How am I going to tell you apart!” Donghae whined. I giggled. He sounded cute.  Somehow..

Yunho scoffed. “I can tell them apart.” He said.

“How?” Donghae asked with a challenging look on his face.

“One, Inna’s taller.” Yunho came to my side and patted my head. “She comes up to my shoulder while Yoona would be a little shorter.” He explained. I frowned. When we were far apart, he simply couldn’t tell he and Yoong apart, that was impossible.

“Two,” he said and stole a glance from me. “She’s dumber.”

If Yoona hadn’t come out at that moment and shouted ‘OPPA’, I really would have hit him on the head.

Oh yeah, I did. Just as Yoona threw her arms around me, I grabbed Yoona’s bag which was on the ground and hit his head.

“WHAT WAS THAT FOR?” Yunho whined. I stuck my tongue out at him and grabbed Yoona’s hand and began running away.

“Catch me, Tree!” I shouted as I ran. Yoona was firing me with questions, but I didn’t care.

“YOU WAIT TILL WE GET TO SCHOOL, PABO!” I heard Yunho’s distant shout.

“TRY ME!”

Flashback end

“You were the reason we met so soon, you know.” I said, still not tearing my gaze from the tree.

“Well, yeah. Either ways, you would have met some when. Even though the same thing mightn’t have happened if so, you would have met some when..” Yoona said.

“If you hadn’t made me and Donghae go to that blind date..” I trailed off. “What’s the use of all the ‘if’s now? You made me and Donghae date, I broke Yunho’s heart. That’s that. Neither of us can change that now.” I sighed and buried my head in my hands

“…if it would make you feel better, I take all the responsibly of breaking Yunho oppa’s heart. Making you break. Or how ever it is.” Yoona said softly, caressing my hands.

I didn’t answer her for a while but then removed my hands and looked at her. “Yoong-ah..”

“Hm?”

“How do you mend a broken heart?”

I could have sworn the smile that went up in her face made me want to die. One thing I learnt at that moment itself was to never ask advice from Im Yoona. If you do, disaster strikes.

.

“Uh…anneyeonghaseyo..” I awkwardly muttered as Yoona dragged me into the Jung household.

“Anneyeonghaseyo, Inna-ah, Yoona-ah.” As usual, came the welcoming reply of the Jung household’s mistress, Jung Hyesun. Also known as Jung Yunho’s mother.

“So you already heard that he’s back, huh?” she asked, leading us to the comfortable seats of their house which I had adored once. Not once, always.

Always when I went to cry on Yunho’s shoulder, always when I partied in that house with Yunho, always when..Yunho was with me.

“Yoona told me. It’s been a really long time..” I muttered, managing to smile at her. She smiled back.

Three of us talked about this and that for a while. Mostly we talked about the bakery I was thinking of opening. Jung omonim (as we called her) was delighted at the idea as she herself was an awesome baker. She gladly even offered to help me out. We even came up with some names. It was a topic on which all three of us could talk about, so it lasted really long.

Maybe too long. We were interrupted by a loud shout from the rooms.

“JUNG JIHYE, WHERE IS MY LAPTOP?!”

Jung omonim sighed. “Yunho’s woken up.” She said.

Yoona stifled the urge to laugh very hard and unnoticeably nudged me while all I could do was smile.

In a moment or two, Yunho came running out with a book in his hand. A story book to be specific.

“Jihye, if you don’t return my laptop, I’m tearing you story apart!” Yunho shouted, not noticing that Yoona and I were there. We exchanged glances.

So that was why Jihye was so afraid of Yunho.

Figures.

“Ahem. Yunho-ah.” Jung omonim cleared loud enough to get Yunho’s attention.

“Bwoh, omma?” Yunho said, in a lazy-annoyed tone, turning his head to his mother in a complaining way. “Jihye’s run away with my laptop I nee..” His voice trailed off as his eyes landed on mine.

I stood up at once.

“Anneyeong, Yunho oppa!” I smiled at him and weakly waved at him. His eyes widened for a moment as he stood there, frozen, staring at me. It was almost as if he didn’t see anything but me.

After a while, his eyes wandered until they landed on Yoona who also waved at him, but with more energy. Then back to me. And again to her. Like that, his looked at us, to and fro, to and fro until he began getting dizzy.

He closed his eyes and rubbed them for a while then turned to me again. “Pabo?” he asked. I looked at Yoona who only motioned towards  Yunho with her eyes then smiled sweetly Jung omonim. I also stole a glance from her who gave me a weird look.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Then walked over to Yunho, successfully with my feet trembling.

“Aish, Na-boo, tell me that you’re not you.” He said and combed his hair with his long fingers. At first, I hesitated, but then I did it.

I slapped him across the face.

That is for lying to me about being a trainee.” I said. Then I slapped him again, on the other cheek this time.

That is for leaving without notice.”

Another slap. “That is for not even calling me.”

Slap.

That is for not even calling me when Yoona became a trainee.”

Slap.

That is for not even calling me when Yoona debuted.”

Slap.

That is for not contacting me at all.”

Time by time, my slaps got weaker and weaker until I had no energy to slap him anymore. My hands were red and feeling all tingly. God knows what his cheeks would feel like.

“Are you done?” Yunho asked. I glared at him. Then slapped him again.

“That is for not telling me after you came.” I silently said.

Somehow, even after I slapped him so many times, he was still able to smile. And he did. He just smiled.

“I’ll take that as you are done.” He said and enfolded his arms around me, bringing me close to his body in a warm and welcoming bear hug.

I couldn’t help it. I hugged him back. I admit, I could even feel my eyes itchy, but I won’t admit that I was crying. Because I was not. I never cried. In public, at least. And since Jung omonim was there, it was public.

“I MISSED YOU, BOO!” Yunho shouted into my ear, almost making sure that I couldn’t ever hear again. I wanted to slap his mouth again but my hand hurt too much.

“I MISSED YOU TOO, TREE!” I also shouted. Louder than him of course. Only to him, it would be nothing since he had already been in crowds which had made louder noises. And I was shorter than him, not reaching his ear as how easily he reached mine. There were disadvantages, but still…

We hugged the life and soul out of each other for ten exact minutes until Jihye came to part us. “Am I going to get my book back now?” she asked. Yunho almost hit her. Before he did so, I grabbed the book from Yunho and gave it to Jihye. “Gomawoya, unnie!” she said and planted a kiss on my cheek before running away and sticking her tongue out at Yunho.

“Aish, you brat!” he shouted and was about to run after her but I caught him by the back of his collar.

“Jung omonim, can I borrow this thing for a while?” I asked Jung omonim using the most appropriate words I could to talk about Yunho.

“YAH! Don’t call me a thing! I can’t be just borrowed like a thing! I’m not a thing!” Yunho shouted, but I ignored him. So did his mother.

“Just make sure you make him come back in one piece, else his fans with kill you.” Omonim said with a grin. She was old, but when she talked about Yunho, she’d sound like one of us.

“Gomawoya, Jung omonim!” I shouted and I motioned Yoona to follow me as I dragged Yunho by the collar to the door.

“YAH! Let me go, Boo! Na-boo! I need to have a disguise on! INNA!” Yunho desperately shouted but both of us just ignored him. Well, I did. Yoona didn’t.

“He’s right, unnie. At least let him got wear a cap. Even if he’s seen with you, there’ll be rumors about him and me.” Yoona said with a worried face.

“Don’t be late! I’m going to make you pay me back for everything which you didn’t tell me or lied to be or made me angry about after your senior year!” I said, letting go of Yunho.

He grinned and cupped my face, quickly pecked my forehead and ran into the house shouting, “You’re a darling, Boo!” Jung omonim had already gone into her room, not caring much about what I was going to do to her son.

“What do you plan on doing, unnie?” Yoona asked as Yunho disappeared from sight. I sighed.

What was I planning on doing?

“I don’t know. Maybe what you told me?” I said, uncertainly. Yoona sighed.

“Whatever it is unnie…it would really hurt me to see him hurt again. Or worse, you. Be careful.” She said.

I turned to her and smiled. “As scared as I am of hurting him or me…I’d kill for him to at least know what I know.”

And those words, I really meant them.