Chapter Five

Eomma Jin
Please log in to read the full chapter

It took a couple hours for Hyesung to fall asleep. 

After I laid him down to rest and left his room, Namjoon was outside mine. I’d forgotten that I promised to go with him on the mini-date, and he looked nervous yet giddy. 

Like he waited all day to do this. 

A move like this would’ve made me feel touched, but I only nodded as he asked me if I was ready to go and followed him to his car. He opened the passenger door for me and I slid into the seat. It felt a little romantic; he was trying, but I just couldn’t get into it. 

Namjoon excitedly chatted on the way to the park, telling me that’s he’s been waiting all day to take me to his favorite spot. He didn’t want to bother me while I was with Hyesung, so he’s been taking some time to help his father around in the office. 

I avoided his eyes, looking everywhere but him.

At this moment I felt like I was suffocating, and suddenly I was back with my late Alpha. 

He had chained me to the bed so I wouldn’t try to escape again for the nth time. After he took me from my home, I never saw my family again. I would clean after him, made sure he had his meals cooked and laid with him every night.

He would beat me whenever I cried, telling me he’ll give me a reason to cry even though I just missed my Eomma. I was ridiculed as I grew heavy with child from each pregnancy while I was in school, even though I was the Head Alpha’s mate.

He never failed to remind me every day that he was the Alpha, and all I ever was was the one to bear his Omega children only because he should be the sole Alpha in the clan, and proved that as he murdered each of my children when they were born. 

But in the eyes of the community, he was a strong and dependable Alpha. I should have been honored to be his mate. 

Alphas are cruel, and they are allowed to be. They’re our future leaders, our strong and proud.

Is there no happy ending for Omegas?

I clenched my fists. 

“Jin? Are you okay?”

I finally turned to look at Namjoon. He had a worried look on his face, and I felt this lump in my throat. My eyes began to water, and my hands started to shake. 

“I’m fine.”

The moment I said those words, Namjoon pulled over to the side of the road. Fear ran up my spine, and I just realized I was locked in the vehicle with him. An Alpha.  

The only thing I kept thinking was that he was going to beat me. He turned off the ignition and looked out the window, probably making sure there wasn’t anyone to witness. I waited. 

That’s all I could do. 

Time passed. He didn’t look at me. He kept his eyes on the road, watching the cars pass by as we both sat there in silence. 

I didn’t even realize that tears had trailed down my cheeks until I hiccuped and snot dripped from my nose. I hastily tried to wipe it all away, but more tears fell, and suddenly I was a sobbing mess on this side of the car. 

I was angry, frustrated, sad, and a bit pathetic and all I had was a few minutes of silence and suddenly I lost my bearings. My feelings were a jumbled mess and I didn’t know what to feel or think.

Namjoon didn’t say anything, but I saw his hands nervously move back and forth. He didn’t know what to do, and then I was back to reality. Instead of my late Alpha, Namjoon’s face popped into my view and I was back in the car, sniffling away the last of my tears. I could hear my heart beating in my ears, and then Namjoon’s hand finally reached over for me. 

“Jin, are you okay?” 

I didn’t answer him. Instead, I unbuckled my seatbelt and jumped over to his side, smacking his lips against mine. Namjoon groaned in protest, but I held his neck and took the chance to shove my tongue down his throat. 

I didn’t know why I had the sudden urge to do it. My hands trembled, but I didn’t stop myself as I deepened the kiss. 

He welcomed me into his home even though I wasn’t in heat. He didn’t chain me to the bed. He didn’t try to mate with me and he didn’t claim me as his.

He didn’t leave Jungkook alone in the streets. He welcomed another Alpha’s child.

He didn’t do anything an Alpha would do. 

After a couple seconds, Namjoon wrapped his arms around me and started to kiss me back. His hands ran up to my shoulders and then back down again, settling on my waist. His tongue fought for dominance and I succumbed, letting him roam freely in my mouth, tasting me. His hands moved up again, this time with the ends of my shirt, and I pulled away. I suddenly was aware that I was on Namjoon’s lap, grinding up against him and my face grew hot. 

I took a couple breaths before Namjoon started to peck my lips, pulling me back against his chest. I smiled, unsure of how I felt about it, but I let him roam down to my neck. He lingered there, his lips against my skin and his nose nudging me. I bit back a moan as he suddenly nipped at me then kissing my neck before looking up at me. 

“Jin?”

Our eyes met. His eyes looked confused and unsure, and I moved in closer until our noses touched. I breathed in his scent, and he with mine. I closed my eyes, and I leaned until our lips touched for the second time. This time the kiss was innocent and soft, our lips brushing lightly against each others. Namjoon smiled in the kiss, and I blushed again. We parted, but rested our foreheads against the other's, breathing softly. My heart fluttered in my chest, and I realized that all the emotions I was feeling before suddenly vanished.

All I can see now is just him. And it felt right. 

Slowly, I started to feel shy and I moved back into my seat. Namjoon didn’t say anything, but he had a huge smile on his face which made me blush. 

We didn’t talk much after he his car, and we didn’t make it to the park like he wanted. We ended up coming back home, and he led me back to my room. He kissed me one last time, lingering over my lips before letting me go for the night, as if he was making sure that it was real and that I indeed let him kiss me. I watched him leave, and pretended to not notice the little skip in each of his steps. 

Jungkook was asleep when I opened the door, his mouth open and drooling on the pillow. A light snore escaped his lips. 

No. I take it back. Not all Alphas are cruel. 

+-+-+-+

Minwoo paced back and forth in the study, unable to sleep. After Eric told him about his possible banishment, he hasn’t been able to focus or rest. 

He has been with the clan for as long as he could remember and by Eric’s side for even longer. He had grown used to the sounds from the kitchen, the smell in the morning as bread is being baked and the smell of fres

Please log in to read the full chapter