Chapter Three

Eomma Jin
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Joongie, do you want to play hide and seek?” 

Jungkook was waving himself off the door, poking his head out in the hallway. I smiled to myself, knowing he was trying really hard to get out doing his chores. It was the first time that we actually have a home, albeit temporarily, and he’s not used to cleaning or folding clothes. 

“Jungkook, you have to fold your clothes.”

A groan answered me, and then Jaejoong’s head poked into the room. 

“Awe, can we Kim-shii? Eomma said it was okay for me to play.” Jaejoong pouted, and I shook my head. 

“After he’s done, Jaejoong. Then he can play.”

Jungkook whined and slowly moved back next to me. He dropped down on the floor in front of the basket with his clothes and picked up a shirt.

I’m not used to this, having a home. Every day the only worries I had was where our next meal was going to be or if Jungkook will have a place to sleep comfortably. 

Minwoo gave me all of that. 

A room, a bed and even my own television set. Namjoon even went out of his way to buy Jungkook a full wardrobe, much to my displeasure. I was happy just having a roof over my head, and Namjoon has been more than generous with us. 

“Eomma, I don’t know how.” He tried again, and I sighed. Jungkook should be grateful, but all he’s been doing is causing trouble for the clan. Jaejoong and him have been playing pranks and breaking things. It was all accidents at first, but now I think he’s doing it on purpose. And Jaejoong doesn’t get into trouble because no one dares to tell the Head Alpha’s child what to do.

Jaejoong decided to join him on the floor, a toy in hand. He watched as Jungkook made faces and attempted to fold the sleeves in. I growled lightly, knowing full well what Jungkook was trying to do.

“I taught you already, Kookie."

“Eomma~”

“Jungkook, the more you whine the longer you’ll be doing this.”

After one more groan, Jungkook started to fold properly. I smirked in satisfaction and went on to fix the bed.

After Jungkook was done, he got up and went out the door before I could stop him. He left his pile of clothes on the floor, and I shook my head. I picked them up and started to put it in his dresser when Namjoon walked in in that moment. He wore a form fitting pair of jeans and a black muscle shirt topped with a black leather jacket. 

He jumped on the bed and I scowled but didn't say anything. Every day he would do this, and I grown used to him walking in without asking. He smiled at me, and I softly smiled back. 

“Jin, what plans do you have today?”

I stared at him for a moment, but didn’t say anything as I finished putting Jungkook’s clothes away. I heard him shuffle himself out of the bed and stood next to me, and I tried to look away.

“Jin, what’s the matter?”

I shivered from the smell of the light cologne he put on that matched his natural Alpha scent perfectly. He grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face him, and I finally looked up at his worried eyes and childish pout.

“I’m sorry, Namjoon. I just, I’m not sure how to answer that. I don’t do anything.”

Namjoon smiled suddenly, and he scratched his head as he looked away. 

“oh, I see. Well I was sort of wondering if you would you like to go out for some ice cream? I mean, with me?”

“Ice cream?” I was taken aback. I haven’t had ice cream since I was still a teenager, before I became the Head Alpha’s mate. I have missed the rich, sweet taste of vanilla pressed on my tongue. My mouth watered, and I subconsciously nodded.

“Great! If you’re ready, I can meet you at the front door. I have to get the car from the back.” 

“O-okay.” 

-+-+-+

“Two ice cream cones, please. One chocolate and the other vanilla.”

I waited next to him for the frozen treats, and when Namjoon handed me the cone, I suddenly felt a wave of nausea. I didn’t want to eat the cone, and Namjoon looked at me, confused. 

“Are you okay?” 

I tried to smile, but the nausea hit me again and I dropped my cone. 

“Jin!” 

“Sorry! Ah, I just felt a little sick.” The waves disappeared then, and I barely realized that the ice cream that I was craving was on concrete.

...why do I do this to myself?

“Namjoon, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean-”

I stopped when a chocolate swirl was shoved in my face, and Namjoon laughed a little.

“Don’t worry about it. Take it. I don't mind.” He said and I felt my face get hot. I reached for the cone and when our fingers touched I felt a spark run up my spine. 

“..Thank you..” it was a different feeling. I never felt like this before for anyone, and Namjoon’s smile made my heartbeat go fast. I clung to Namjoon’s shoulder while I enjoyed the dessert, and Namjoon wrapped his arm around mine and we strolled around the city sidewalk, talking about the clan. When it came to asking me of my past, I pulled away.

“It’s really not something worth talking about. I came from a small town where my clan threw me out and now I'm here.”

Namjoon bit his lip and nodded, not convinced.

“Why did they throw you out?”

I opened my mouth but I didn't say anything. My late Alpha’s face came to mind, and then his torn body laying a few feet away, waiting for death to claim him.

“...my Alpha died.”

It wasn't uncommon that Omegas get kicked out of clans after their mate passed on. They are the lucky ones. Others would have been offered to other Alphas in the clan and if they had any children with their previous Alpha, the older ones would be thrown out and the babies…

Sometimes they follow their father.

“I'm sorry to hear that.”

I shook my head.

“It’s not important.”

“Jin…”

“He was a cruel man. I'm not sad that he's dead.”

I sleep well believing my other children watched him fall in the depths of hell where he belonged.

Namjoon stayed silent, and I realized that I was takin

Please log in to read the full chapter