Chapter 5

I Like Me Better, When I’m With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first ray of sun shone through my room and I fidgeted in bed. I opened my eyes slightly to only groaned at the effect of the first light that hit my eyes. I turned my back to the windows to have initial thoughts in replenish my beauty sleep, assuming that it is still quite early. However, last night event happened to flash through my mind. I jolted up from the bed and look around fanatically, trying to compose my still groggy mind to familiarize my surrounding. I looked around me and saw my usual marble side stand with my candle on it, fluffy white rug below my legs and the settee that I usually sat in when I am reading. The first conclusion that I could draw was that I am indeed in my room. I frantically lift my covers to thankfully found that I am no . There was a sudden sharp pain in the back of my head and I hissed, using my palm to rub the back of my head, in hope that I was able to sooth the ache a little. After repeating that motion for about ten times, the pain did not go away and that frustrated me. I stood up to only walk to my walk-in wardrobe to grab an over size shirt and a fresh towel to shower. Convincing myself that I will feel better after a shower. Staying under the warm water for at least thirty minutes, I procrastinated to get out of the bath. I found comfort in the warm water that trickle down my back and I whined when I am required to turn off the faucet. 

Buzz Buzz

Who would it be at this early hour?

I picked up my phone from my nigh stand table and was shocked that it was no other than him that texted me. My attention was unfortunately drifted to what happened last night. Since I couldn’t seem to remember clearly just now as I wasn’t as awake as I am now. I could only remember bits and pieces of scenes last night and that annoyed me earlier. Yet, I was able to fix a picture in my mind now. I gasped, being reminded by my darn mind that I kissed him. Yes, I did. Indeed, I kissed Sehun. My right hand worked on its own, volunteering to slap hard on my right cheek. “OOw!” I half thanked myself for slapping me out of my trance and the other half, I felt sorry for my own face. The second buzz occurred in my hands. I looked down on the screen in my hands, remembering that I have not open the text that Sehun have sent me and that’s why my phone prompted for the second time. My fingers shakily slid across my lock screen to unlock my phone. My heart was racing an incredible speed and I felt that I could passed out anytime soon. My fingers turned cold and it was shaking when I clicked into his message

2pm,

CheongDamDong st 94, Apt 012-40

37094.

I mentally slapped myself for almost forgetting our project meet up. I hurriedly glance at the clock to only found out that it is only half past eight in the morning.

Am I supposed to reply? Did he remember what he did last night with me? Will he be awkward around me later? All these thoughts are driving my mind crazy, almost frying my brain with it. At this instance, I heard a faint knock on my door and my dad came in. “You are up. How are you feeling?” I said that I was feeling okay except that my head still sting from the alcohol last night. My dad was a naturally a quiet person, however he portrayed a dignified, composed, calm yet with authoritativeness when he speaks. Not to forget he is still a loving dad and he cared for me. Especially when I am his only daughter. Before he could stare at me any longer, I sensed his worriedness and I spoke up with uncertainty in my voice. “Who send me home last night?”

“It’s one of your guy friend.”

Wait, did he just say a guy??!! Shouldn’t Yoojung be sending me home? She will so get it later. Wait which guy???

As if I was a see through, my dad answered all my doubts. “Your friend’s name is Sehun. If you are thinking why Hana did not send you home last night, I guess she was too drunk herself to be able to drive home as well.”

Hearing the familiar name that my dad just said, my cheeks felt hot and I quickly looked on the floor. Avoiding any potential question that will bring me to my grave earlier. Without earning any response from me, my dad asked me why I drank so much last night and whether I was feeling upset with anything. And the question that I was praying silently, hoping that my dad would never ask me, eventually came out of his mouth. “By the way, who is Sehun? Is he close to you? I heard he is the heir of Samsung.”

“He is one of the guy in our clique now. And yes, I heard he is the heir of Samsung and we are just friends, dad.” I shrugged at his question, answering as calm and simple as I can. As though my mouth is faster than my brain, it acted on its own, diverting my dad’s attention.

“Is there breakfast? I am hungry, and I want some hot soup to overcome with my hang over.”

My dad nodded and instantly asked my helper to accommodate with his request while I followed him down the stairs.

I kept on fidgeting while I was having my breakfast. Afraid how am I supposed to present myself in front of hi later. Am I supposed to explain and bring up was happen last night or am I supposed to act like nothing had happen between us. Or, is he going to see me as like I am an easy-going person? Therefore, to not further complicate stuffs and neither do I know how to reply to him, I decided that I will just note his text.

1:58pm

Both of my foot carried me outside of his house in no time. I am two minutes earlier and I was pacing back and forth, not sure if I was expected to drop him a text that I was outside his gate or ring the bell right away. I then opted for the latter option. The gate sung open shortly. I walked past a small alley that passes by a shed that is made of a glass open roof which displayed many pretty flowers in it. Especially baby breathes and cotton flowers as they are my absolute favourite. I just took a few glances before I walked away to prevent myself from being distracted. I reached his main door which hung a sign “Oh’s Residence”. The dominating yet royal aura started to daunt upon me, sending me goose bumps all over my body.

The door swung open and I was greeted by a forty plus year old lady. She looked warm and inviting as contrast to the surrounding. She greeted me with a wide smile and ushered me to go in.

“Good afternoon, Ms. I heard from little master Oh that his school mate is coming over today. Since we have no other visitors today, I assume you must be his friend then. Please come in. He is in his bedroom. Please take the stairs from the main hall and turn to your left, the last room in the corner.” I nodded and muttered small thanks after having her to kindly give me a head start. I navigate my way accordingly since his house was not only enormous but ginormous. A bimbo like me would have probably lost my way in his house. Within a couple of minutes, I saw a black matt door insight with g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter