Chapter 6

I Like Me Better, When I’m With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thursday came by in no time, yet I still do not see Sehun in school. I start to doubt my thoughts and indeed feel that he is trying to avoid me. Because no matter how much I am trying to assure myself, it proves to me that the time span of last two days, he neither show up or update his ware bouts in our group chat despite having the boys to prompt him. Maybe he did inform his missing in action act privately to the boys instead, but again, I highly doubt so. Because even when I ask Yoojung to ask Baekhyun on my behalf, as clueless as a lost sheep from his herd, neither does he know why he wasn’t attending school. It was so weird for me to ask about Sehun’s presence since I am known to not poke my nose into another people’s business. Secondly, they know how much dislike Sehun’s stuck up attitude. Thirdly, I do not want to speculate misunderstandings that I “like” him and attract those “famous girls’” attention. Therefore, to avoid any suspicion, I asked Yoojung to be in my place for the time being to attain his information. However, with me acting all jumpy, hands clammy and a heart that is beating so loudly while waiting for Yoojung’s reply that even having her to sit a few centimetres beside me can hear it, it is certainly unlike me. At some point, I even thought myself as a stalker and a despo. Even god do not know why I acted that way and it’s frustrates me so much.

“Babe, even Baek does not know why he doesn’t attend school. But, he says that he will go to his place and check on him today. Don’t worry too much. Where’s all your sassiness?”

“Do you, by chance, like him? Because you are all so tensed up for him.” Yoojung teased me.

“You are not helping at all.”

I do admit that at the start, I really dislike Sehun’s attitude. It is just so stuck up, cocky and dominating. The fact that I was brought up in a stricter household, I was always taught manners first over anything else. With him just ignoring my introduction on our first meeting, it left a rather unpleasant impression of him on me. There is a saying goes: The first impression is the holds the most impact. Nonetheless, it all changed when we officially talk to each other about our project in class. I realized that he is actually very thoughtful, precise and decisive. I regretted judging him to quickly and I want to apologize on that if I get the chance. Again, a famous phrase states: Do not judge a person by its cover. Indeed, I resent myself for being so contradicting.

During lessons, if as my eye was a magnetic material and Sehun’s seat is a magnet, my attention would always be diverted into that direction. Unfortunately, this time round, my Econs teacher caught me. “Lee Hana, I would appreciate if you pay more attention in class if u want to do well.” Disliking and irking at all the attention given to me with thirty-five pairs of eyes staring at me, I mentally roll my eyes at my teacher and refocus my attention on my now-just-flip-open textbook.

I stayed back in school later than usual today since I know there is no way I am going to concentrate back at home. Additionally, with Mid-terms coming up, I didn’t want to risk or waste any of my precious time further.

“Hey Hana. Um are you free after school?” BaekHyun ran after me, slightly panting.

“What’s up? Don’t tell me you are going to throw a party again. Because, firstly, I will not attend, thanks to the past experience. Secondly, its gonna—”

“Hey, loosen up. I wasn’t and not planning to throw any party any sooner. I just wanted to ask you a favour.”

I stayed silent and waited for him to continue his speech.

“Can you take a trip to Sehun’s house today? He might need your help you know? After all, don’t blame Yoojung after u hear this.” “She just told me you guys had a small tiff and she said u fell apologetic towards Se. So, to return him a favour, u might want to visit him? AND, that’s all that she told me.” Before I started to curse and swear about my best friend, he ran away, shouting along the corridors of classrooms that he is late for class. That kid gotta be serious. At this moment, I contemplated whether I should heed his suggestion or am I supposed to blame my best friend for having quite a mouth there. Well, that’s the effect Baek has on my best friend which I can’t help it. For all that, I am rather thankful because it gave me an opportunity/excuse to see him after so long and probably apologize on my part. Thinking back, BaekHyun told me that he might need my help. What could it possibly when he has everything he needs in life? Not wanting to scare myself, I decided that I will visit him after school.

The clock on the wall in our classroom struck o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter