Chapter 2

I Like Me Better, When I’m With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sehun, please take the seat at the next column beside Hana. For Kai, please take the seat in front of Sehun.” Mrs. Kim assigned the seats to them after both boys did a brief introduction about themselves. “How unlucky can I get”, I cursed under my breath. For the next entire two periods, I couldn’t stop getting irritated and distracted easily. 

Time pass by slower than usual.

Delightedly yet dreadfully, we ended our mathematics class. “Remember to complete pages 88 to 94 and hand it up next Monday. Class is dismissed.” Mrs. Kim made her final piece of announcement before leaving the class. Mathematics class is the last class for me and Yoojung as my Chemistry teacher came unexpectedly to inform us in between our five minutes break that class is cancelled due to unforeseen events. Therefore, I packed my bag in a hurry as I decided to get a bubble tea on the way home.

“Babe, are u done packing your bag? Please be quick. I want to get my favourite chocolate bubble tea.” I made haste to tell Yoojung in hope that she would speed up her actions.

“Yoojung! Hana! Wait Up!” I heard BaekHyun’s voice booming through the classroom walk way. “Shucks” I started to sped walk but unfortunately got pulled back by my best friend. If she wasn’t my best friend, I would have plucked out all of her hair. “Why do we have to wait for them?” I hissed. “They are nice people babe, it doesn’t hurt to hang out with them” She replied to me almost immediately, as if she has already predicted what I wanted to say. Leaving with no options, I followed behind my best friend’s back.

“Hey! You guys ended school as well?” Yoojung asked BaekHyun while walking towards his direction. “Yeap, we attend the same Chemistry class if you have forgotten missy.” He chuckled. “Oh yea, I almost forgot about it. Sorry!” She replied with slight guilty shown on her face as she scratched the back of her neck.

“I was just pulling your leg. Don’t take it to heart.” BaekHyun ruffed her hair, leaving my best friend to giggle. I looked in awe, thinking how one can just strike a conversation so easily. Perhaps it’s just me that I am a socially awkward turtle.

“Where are you guys going?”

“Hey Hana! Hey Yoojung!”

In a minute, the walkway is filled with our chattering.

“Are you guys going home? Do you want to join us to get bubble tea? Hana is craving for it.” My ever so friendly best friend just shared about our plan after school. “Ooh~ Sounds great! Sehun wanted to get bubble tea as well. It’s his fav.” Chen replies ever so cheerfully.

We talked, laugh and share jokes on the way to our designed destination. I was leading the way as they wanted to try out the bubble tea from my favourite store, judging if it was as good as their usual’s.

Upon reaching the store, the shop owner immediately recognized me since I was one of his regular. “Wow, you have a big group here with you today.” The owner of the shop beamed widely at the sight of us. After taking all of our orders, we settle down at a round table that is big enough to accommodate all ten of us. BaekHyun being the chattier one, he started bringing up topics, so we could break this awkward silence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter