Chapter 1

I Like Me Better, When I’m With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Urgh is it that weird penguin’s lesson again?”, Yoojung groaned while I whined internally. “Well, thanks for the reminder.” I took the chance to roll my eyes at her playfully. We were sorting out our books at the locker place for our ever so boring and dry Economics class. Thanks to Mr. Soo, who made it as if we are learning why oil can’t sink in water. Having the thought of attending his class is as good as having my soul floating out the window and never coming back to me again. However, Mr. Soo is not one of the most boring teacher I must say. He just didn’t know how to make lessons a little lighter for his students.

 

It frustrates me a little, not being able to comprehend why the teachers in Sejong high school can’t seem to apprehend how us, students feel? I mean the endless pile of homework and little hours of sleep is enough to drive all of us bonkers. Can’t they make our lives easier by at least making their lessons interesting and less mundane. If I ask any of our homeroom teachers to crack a joke to us, they would’ve probably took a rotten egg and crack it on my head.

 

Well, if you are wondering, Sejong high school is not the best of the best high school but a rather decent elite school where most parents will like to enrol their children to. Three-quarter of the main reasons is because, these families want to flaunt their wealth, be part of the school directors board so they could have ‘better protection’ for their child/children just in case they have gotten into any trouble or they just purely wanted to seize the chance to establish business ties with each other. Not to forget, the school fees are rather ridiculously high as well. This was something I can’t seem to relate with especially with our half-dead or rather ghostly expression that hung on our teachers’ faces all the time during lesson. Secondly, it’s not like we are absorbing anything from their lessons thus, what makes them fulfil their responsibility? As if we students are bloodsuckers that results them to be that energy-drained.

 

However, I do admit that sometimes (in fact all the time) we are too rowdy and can be quite obnoxious. But they can’t entirely blame it on the students, since all of us are elite students where our parents hold a high position in the company. Most, even owns them. Therefore, who wants to strain their ears till it hurts to listen in class when their parents or even mine can afford high end private tutors for them or us. In Fact, don’t even speak about paying attention because it never happens. Hence, most of the students (which includes me) switch off in class and spend time to catch up with their BFFs about what are they up to during the weekends instead.

 

“Hana. Hana? HANA! are you freaking deaf? we are gonna be late for class!” Yoojung slapped me on my back causing me to jerk forward, scarring my wits out. “Sorry, I was just spacing out”, I groaned at her for startling me.

Yoojung was my close friend since middle school. Indeed, more than just a close friend because she knew me inside out and was there through my ups and downs, twist and turn, rock and roll. She is basically my sister from another mother. We can confide each other with anything and everything, though we might be judging each other in the process but, we still give our utmost sincere comments to each other at the end of the day. She is also the only one that knew my darkest secrets. Same goes for me, I hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter