Chapter 3

I Like Me Better, When I’m With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a blink of an eye, the weekends just flew by right in front of my eyes. The never ending pile of assignments and up coming projects caught me of guard of tracking the time. With the time check of 1:30am in the morning, I contemplate whether to attend school tomorrow. On the other hand, if I were to leave Yoojung in school alone, she would have probably barged into my house and dragged me out of bed. Dismissing the thought of skipping lessons, I fell deep into slumber the moment I closed my eyes.

The next morning arrives earlier than I expected. I open my eyes groggily started fidgeting in my position, refusing to get up from bed. However, I knew that if I continue to procrastinate, I will be late for school. Unreluctantly, I dragged my ever-heavy legs and out of bed.

“Darling, are you not having breakfast with us?” My lovely mom asked me while sitting at the dinning area.” “I’m running late and I’m meeting Yoojung before school”, I replied monotonously. Not being rude but my brain is still half awake from my beauty sleep. After hearing my replies, my dad and mom understood where I am coming from and hence my dad spoke up. “Be careful while you are on the way to school then. Help us give our greetings to her as well.” I hummed and kiss them goodbye while Mr. Han, one of our family chauffeur, waited for me at the door.

“Babe, you know I love you, but you look like today.” Yoojung gave me the best greetings once I met her for school in the morning. “Thanks, you’re the best friend ever.” I groaned, already displeased with the looks of myself, yet I am getting reminded again. With at least two kilograms of eyebags under my eyes, few strands of hair sticking out of my pony tail and my dry and cracked lips was turning off at least half of the boys in my school.

The next moment I knew, it’s already time for mathematics class.

“Well well, everyone is looking good today. Let’s start. Oh, before I forgot please also hand up your assignments to me later once I call you out individually.” Mrs. Kim conversed her message to us. “Why do you think she would call us out individually though?” Yoojung nudged my arm causing me to be displeased since I was resting my head on my forearms, almost drifting to sleep. “I do not know, and neither am I interested to find out. You will know it eventually when she calls you up.” I replied to her in a tired manner.

“Kim Yoo Jung.”

“Oh, it’s my turn already?” Yoojung was the second one to be called up after one of classmates, Mina.

“Yes. Please pass to me your assignment, thank you. I called you up here is to inform you that there will be a statistics project for you and your partner to complete. Your partner will be Mina. Refrain from swapping of partners and let me know two weeks before if your partner is sponging off you. From then, we will do the necessary arrangement or adjustments. The deadline will be in week four, first lesson.”

Before Yoojung even returned to her seat, I was called up next. “Lee Hana, please come to the front.” After having no response from me, Mrs. Kim called my name once again but louder this time. Reluctantly, I moved forward the teacher’s table as fast as I could to prevent stares from my classmate as I hated uncalled attention. Little also did I know that a pair of eyes was also starring at my back. “Please pay more attention and proactive in class. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter