Chapter 4

I Like Me Better, When I’m With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now, it’s almost seem as or in fact a natural thing for the boys to hang out with us during lunch time or wherever we go. However, with that said, we still earned a few stares from the same groups of obnoxious girls or hear awful remarks from them. Deep down we know that they were just jealous that they didn’t have the same privilege like us. Especially having me to portray the stuck up like attitude on my outer appearance already annoyed the finest hair on their body, what makes them think boys, hottest boys would mix around with me. Not gonna lie, I ponder over it countless of times as well.

“Omg, sorry! Our teacher releases us late, haven’t you guys order anything to eat?” Chen said breathlessly as he reached our usual spot in the cafeteria.

“Have you girls waited very long? I will treat both of you bubble tea after school.” Suho added worriedly. “Don’t worry, we only reached here not long ago.” As always, Yoojung will reply on our behalf. Without further wasting any time, we all proceed to take our food.

Not long after all of us have gathered back at our table, BaekHyun hold a conversation to us.

“Are you guys interested to join the little gathering that I will be holding this Friday?” Immediately, Kai, MinSeok and Chen agreed, following by the rest who answered thereafter. “How about Hana and Yoojung?” Yoojung soon nudged my arm under the table. She whispered almost too loudly, “C’mon, I bet you don’t have anything on a Friday evening. You’re not going to stay in bed all day.” Before I could even reply her, she accepts my invitation on my behalf.

“Oh, that’s great! Everyone’s in then. I will drop you a text about the venue on the day itself.”

This weekend came faster than any other. I am also homed earlier than those usual Fridays because of Yoojung whom insisted that we should give ourselves more than enough time to prepare. Conjointly, she persuaded and reminded me thousands of time that we should at least doll up since this is our first ever planned gathering with the boys and we should give a better image or not a dull one apart from the school image that they have seen daily. Hence once the bell rang, Yoojung did not hesitate to drag me out of the classroom and shove me into the back seat of my family car that my chauffeur uses to ferry me around.

When I merely steeped into my bedroom, I groaned on the thought of meeting the boys again later. I fished out my phone from my pocket and quickly punched the key pad in frustration. After a few second of rings, the line of the other side got engage.

“Hold on, I’m parking my carR.” I could hear Yoojung shouting from the other side of the line as she put her phone on loud speaker. After the beeping sound was tone down and ignition was off, I could hear a loud bang which indicate that she has shut her driver’s door.

“What’s up?”

“Yoojung, can I not go? I mean you know I am not a person to socialize. My preferred Friday is just lying in bed with my book or pizza and Netflix.” I almost whined and sounded dreadful.

“Of course, I know but you also know that I want you to be socialize. It never hurt to mix around, have fun and broaden your circle. Your life can’t just be me and your phone dear.” Without receiving any response from me, she swiftly changes her tone a little tad softer and added more playfulness in it this time, afraid that she sounded too harsh with her words just now.

“I will not take no as an answer babe. You’re not gonna leave me alone, are you?”

Urgh, Yoojung and her damn tactics. After hearing a sigh, my best friend immediately smiled although I can’t see it, but I felt it, knowing that I have silently gave in to her. I mean, how do u bear to leave your best friend alone right? After all, she is there for me all the time. Hence, I decided to not be a wet blanket for once. Thinking back to whatever she said indeed makes the most sense and can never be more right. Determined, I decided to head her advice; to step out from my comfort zone and give a head start to interact with the rest.

“Alright, go get your ready now before you are late. I will be driving us. See you outside your house in an hour.” I hummed, and I hang up the phone call. Dislike being late, I went to freshen up and put some light make up on to at least look presentable like what Yoojung told me. Soon, I was standing in front of my wardrobe contemplating what to wear. Since I seldom dress up, not because I do not care about fashion but rather lazy. I do, indeed keep up with the latest trend of clothes since I must at least be presentable in the public’s eye since my parents owns a famous and reputable magazine line. Nonetheless, it’s just gonna be a simple house gathering, I decided to put on a laced-up back crop top and a pair of ripped high waisted skinny jeans, finishing it with a high heeled boot. In no time as I was done putting on my lip gloss, I heard my phone ring. It was a cue that Yoojung has arrived.

“Woah, you look good.” My best friend beamed almost immediately when I reached the passenger seat. “Pft, do u mean I only look good now? I am so not gonna compliment you today.” I . For all that, she looks absolutely stunning as always. She was wearing fish net stockings accompanied with a leather skirt and a sleeveless crop top, matching with a black simple heel. She then drove off while she shook her head, laughing at my answer.

After a good twenty-five minutes drive, we reached our destination according to our GPS.

“This must be it.” We got off from the car and walked to the front of the four-storey high semi-detached house. I must say I was taken a back by how rich BaekHyun’s family was. I knew he was rich, but I did not expect him to be this rich. Do h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter