Not a goodbye

My Kiddy Alpha
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And then Areum threaten Riri saying that she would steal Yongie hyung from Riri if Riri lose in the match. That’s not fair! Jonghoon is bigger than Riri!”

I laugh hearing Seungri whine on the other line. It’s 12.30 am and we have been talking for more than 2 hours on the phone. I am actually quite sleepy right now but Seungri doesn’t sound like he would be stopping in any minutes. “So did you win the match with Jonghoon?”

“Of course Riri did!” Seungri exclaim proudly. “No one can steal Yongie hyung from Riri”

It sounds so innocent but my heart flutter hearing Seungri’s words. He has no idea how much his words affect me.

“Riri! It’s late! Why you’re not sleeping yet?!”

I could hear Seunghyun’s voice in the back. Seems like the older brother has already come home from work.

“Uh.. Hyunnie hyung is back. Riri need to go”

“Okay. Good night, Riri”

“Good night, Yongie hyung” I was ready to hang up when I hear his voice in distance “Wait hyung!.. erm.. I love you”

“Lee Seunghyun!”

There’s a beeping sound after that so I know Seungri has been cutting off the line abruptly. “I love you too” I whispers to myself.

It been months since the first time I met Seungri. There’s a lot of things happened since I met him but regardless to say, I am content with what I have now. Seungri has been really incredible in our relationship and I couldn’t be happier with him.

I look at the notebooks that scatters on my bed and decide to tidy them up. I was studying for my NCATs when Seungri called me and now I don’t think I can study anymore because my eyes are already feel heavy so I decide to sleep.

“Biology ”

I frown at Youngbae. “How could a future doctor say that”

“Hey, it’s not definite yet, okay? My parents might let me take another course that is not associate with Biology” Youngbae retort in defence. He is not really fond of science related thing but because his family own a hospital, he has the responsibility to inherit it from him father. His older brother already takes another choice of life by being an engineer so that’s left him to carry the responsibility.

“You wish” I retort back.

Youngbae close his Biology textbook and look around. “Have you seen Daesung?”

“He said he want to buy something from cafeteria” I answer him without taking my eyes from my notes. I am struggling to memorize mathematic theorem from this morning. The students in our class are all busy studying. It is a crucial time for the senior year student because we would graduate next month and everyone is studying for NCATs and entrance exam for their own chosen university.

“What? Again? He just finishes eating his lunchbox” Youngbae is surprise knowing that Daesung is still not full.

“I don’t know. He might still hungry. He always hungry nowadays”

Honestly, I am quite confuse with Daesung lately. It’s not only that he appears to eat a lot more than usual, he also being grumpy with everything. He is the gentlest person I know so it’s puzzle me when he lashed out at me last week for eating the last piece of cake. I might get ahead of myself by eating the cake but it’s not right for him to call me ‘gluttony’. It’s lucky that Seunghyun bought another cake for him or else he would stay grumpy and refuse to talk with me.

“Oh, here he is”

I look at the classroom door where Youngbae point to see Daesung is holding a big plastic bags that full with food. “You’re that hungry?”

Daesung shrug and start taking out a cheese stick from the plastic bag. I am shock to see him holding a cheese stick but Youngbae beat me at it and halt Daesung’s hand. “You’re eating that?”

“Yes, why?” Daesung frown and shake Youngbae’s hand from him.

“Dae, you hate cheese stick!” I shriek when he put the cheese stick inside his mouth and chew it while glaring at us.

“Let me eat what I want without questioning me, period” Daesung barks at us and continue eating.

“Oh.. okay..” both me and Youngbae know by now not to question Daesung or else he would turn grumpy again.

Youngbae clear his throat. He studies Daesung’s face to find any sort of discomfort. “So Dae, you’re taking the entrance exam for KAIST, right?” he asks that as a poor attempt to talk about something else other than Daesung’s choice of food.

“About that..” Daesung stop to drink his coffee milk. Again, he used to hate coffee. There’s really something wrong with him. “I might need to get into university that is closer to here. I am thinking about Sungkyunkwan university”

“What? Why?”

Daesung sigh. “I have my own reason”

“But you are really crazy about going to KAIST. It’s like your dream since forever” Youngbae’s mouth is agape open. Even I can’t believe such words would coming from Daesung who is always rambling about KAIST.

“Yes, I know. But things change since..”

“Since?”

Daesung sigh again. “I will tell you guys after the school over”

“But we are going to meet Seunghyun and Seungri at the cafe, right?”

“Yes, exactly”

“So.. why did the reason Daesung need to take Sungkyunkwan University’s entrance exam instead of KAIST have anything to do with you?” Youngbae literally glaring at Seunghyun.

Seunghyun seems restless in his seat. He glances to Daesung who sit beside him with a pleading look like he is asking for help but Daesung is busy devouring his cheesecake that he barely pay attention to anything in his surroundings.

“Hyunnie hyung, you need to tell them” Seungri chimes in with a happy expression like there is good news that Youngbae and I have to know.

“Tell us what?” Youngbae asks, already impatient.

Instead of talking, Seunghyun put his hand on Daesung’s scarf that wrap around Daesung’s neck. He grabs on the fabric and take it off slowly revealing black and blue bruises there. He then tilts Daesung’s head a little to show us a bite mark on the back of Daesung’s neck.

Both me and Youngbae shriek with horror. “What the is that?!”

“It’s a bite mark, silly!” Seunghyun raise his brows.

“We know what that is but how could Daesung have that? Is he..? You..” I can’t ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter