Safe Haven

Home Is Where The Heart Is

 

It had been a month since Jennie moved in with Jisoo. Well, at least officially. Into a house Jennie could call home.  

Jisoo was the angel she never asked for, one who came in and made sense out of her life. Jisoo had not only given her a home, but also a job, new friends, new experiences, and above all, love and hope.  

As for Jisoo, who believed everything happened for a reason, was convinced their encounter was fated to happen, when they most needed each other. 

As they came back from work one day, Jisoo remembered the moment they met at the train station. That night, Jisoo was reading a book, Through Fire and Flames. It all clicked. Jennie had said, that same night, that she always kept the book with her, and days later, her bag was stolen. That meant she lost her favorite book, that helped her so much through her difficult times. Jisoo just had to fix that. 

So, right on the next day, Jisoo rushed to the closest bookstore and got her a new copy, and as soon as they got home later on, Jisoo surprised her with the book and a cute handwritten note on the first page: 

 

"You did go Through Fire and Flames. Now, I hope to be your safe haven.

Love,  

Jennie Kim's Jisoo (Your Little Ray of Sun)" 

 

Jennie got so emotional she shed a couple tears. 

--- 

Meanwhile, busking on the weekends had become Jennie’s passion. And just like Jisoo had told her, it was lots of fun and a great way to earn an extra money, since she was only working part time while finishing college.  

When Jisoo thought she'd seen all of Jennie's talents, she found out that besides owning amazing singing and rapping skills, Jennie also danced. Lisa and Jennie gathered people around with their freestyle battles, while Jisoo played the guitar and Rosé used her own for rhythm.  

After a couple weeks, the girls came up with the idea of creating a song of their own. Jennie called the song ‘Whistle’, a song that could perfectly show the best of their talents – singing, rapping, and dancing.  

On a sunny Saturday afternoon, it was time to play it live for the first time. People reacted with cheers, which motivated them even more. A minute later, the crowd had duplicated, and after two more minutes, it erupted in loud applauses. The four girls looked at each other with big grins and thanked every person that approached to drop some money. 

After the crowd started to diverge, a man with a long, pink coat, ripped jeans, and sunglasses, approached them. He took off the sunglasses on his face and pulled a wallet from his back pocket. 

“This is an original of yours, right?” He said with a smile, catching the girls’ attention. “My name is Kwon Jiyong and I’m a musical producer. I think you have potential, so, if you’re interested in possibly doing this hobby of yours professionally, give me a call.”  

Jiyong pulled out a business card from his wallet and handed it to Jennie, who seemed frozen in place. 

“I’ll be waiting.” He said with a nod, walking away. 

It took a bit for them to even react, their eyes fixed on the card in Jennie’s hands. 

“P-Professionally.” Rosé muttered, eying the others. 

“Was he for real?” Lisa asked. 

Jennie looked at her, biting on her lip. 

“There’s only one way to know.” 

--- 

Later that afternoon, after calling it a day, Lisa invited them for dinner in a Thai restaurant she found last week. Jennie would be visiting her mother with Jisoo, but promised they would go next time. Lisa gave them a pout, and after a nudge from Jisoo, Rosé stepped in. 

“I-I’ll go with you, Lisa.” She said. 

The biggest smile grew on Lisa’s lips. Before parting ways, Rosé looked at Jisoo with widened eyes, and Jisoo mouthed her a ‘fighting!’, with a thumbs up. 

When Jisoo looked at Jennie, she found her frowning. 

"Is Rosé finally going to confess?" Jennie asked. 

"I sure do hope so." Jisoo grabbed Jennie's hands. She was almost as nervous as Rosé herself. 

--- 

As they stepped inside the hospital room, Jennie's mother welcomed them with a huge smile. Jennie sat on the bed beside her and rushed to tell her about the musical producer and his offer. Her mother gasped and hugged her, telling Jisoo to join because she deserved to be congratulated too. 

“If it’s what you want to do and it’ll make you happy, then you should give that man a call.” Jennie’s mother grabbed their hands. "As long as you finish college of course."  

A couple minutes later, both Jennie and Jisoo received a message from Rosé, and as they read, both girls’ eyes widened. 

“Is everything alright, darling?” Her mother asked. 

“S-Someone recorded our performance today, and it’s going viral! It's going on ten thousand views already!” 

“And look at the comments, Jennie!” Jisoo said, scrolling down. “They’re amazingwhere are they from?, So talented!, I want a full album already!... W-what is happening!” Jisoo’s chin couldn’t drop any more.  

As her mother was about to congratulate them even more on their sucess, a knock on the door caught their attention, as nurse Luda came in with a smile bigger than her usual one. 

“Oh Jennie, Jisoo, I’m so happy you guys are here too!” She sounded excited. “I have great news.”  

Jennie thought nothing else could surprise her even more. 

“Your mom has been making impressive improvements on the treatment, so, we expect she will be going home within the next month.”  

Her mother beamed as she pulled Jennie into her embrace. Jisoo wanted to hug her too, but this was their moment. She felt so warm her heart was melting. Her mother did it – she won the battle, just like Jisoo believed. She couldn’t wait to hold Jennie in her arms and share the happiness with her.  

--- 

To celebrate, Jisoo suggested a late dinner at the ramen bar near their house. All throughout dinner, Jisoo noticed a weird expression on Jennie’s face.  

As soon as they arrived home, Jennie ran to hug Kuma and laid in the couch with him. Jisoo smiled at the sight, as she hugged Dalgom and sat down on the floor right next to Jennie.  

“Jennie.” She softly called, resting her hand on her cheek as she hummed in response. “What are you thinking about?” 

Jennie opened her eyes and met Jisoo’s.  

“I... I don’t quite know. This is all so... surreal. I feel like I’m dreaming.” Jennie explained, letting her eyes close again to Jisoo’s caresses. 

“You’re not dreaming. You’re here, I’m here, it all happened. Your mom is going home soon and we might have a lifetime opportunity. You’re happy, aren’t you?”  

“Yes!” Jennie’s shot up, sitting on the couch. “I’m so happy that I can’t properly react. It’s weird, I’m sorry, I should be smiling or laughing or jumping but-" 

Jennie was interrupted by Jisoo jumping towards her, making Jennie fall to the couch with her, and scaring Kuma away.  

“It’s not weird. You’re just overwhelmed, and it was a lot of things to process today, that’s all.” Jisoo pecked Jennie’s nose, making her giggle. 

“But there’s also one other thing.” Jennie said, her smile fading away. 

“What is it, Jen?” 

“When my mom leaves the hospital, she can’t be alone. I’ll have to move in with her again.”  

“But of course, Jennie.” Jisoo smiled. “She’s your mother and she needs you. We’ll still see each other everyday at work and on weekends.” 

Jennie remained silent for a few seconds, before sliding her arms around Jisoo’s neck to pull her into a tight hug. 

“Thank you for being so understanding, Jisoo.” She whispered, her voice quivering as tears threatened to escape her eyes. 

Jisoo pulled away so she could kiss Jennie. 

“Why wouldn’t I?”  

“I knew you would but I need to thank you nonetheless. I just moved in with you and I’ll need to move out. Of course I’m really, really happy and relieved that my mom is coming back home, but I’ll need to look for a new house for us and leave yours.” Jennie pouted. 

“I’ll help you look for a house. One that’s close to your mother’s flower shop. How does that sound? You’ve saved up some money so everything’s gonna be fine, and you know I’ll always help you if needed. And it’s not like you can’t stay here once in a while, or come back for good when the time comes. My home will always be your home, Jennie.” 

Jennie stared into Jisoo’s eyes without saying a word. She let the tears run from her eyes, thinking how in the world someone like Jisoo could existe and be her girlfriend. It didn't matter where she lived physically, because she knew home was where her heart was, and her heart was with both with her mother and Jisoo at the same time. 

 ---

A/N: aaaaa it's over already ;; I really loved writing this story, even though it was quite short, but I hope you loved it a lot! ^-^ 

The next story I'll write will be a Seulrene one, so I hope you can enjoy it too and my other stories C:

Thank you everyone for your comments and love for this story! ♥️

I think I might add an extra Chaelisa chapter to this story, but shhhhh, I didn't say anything kekeke