Gold Medal

Home Is Where The Heart Is

 

“What if I mess up?” Jennie turned to Jisoo. 

“Of course you won’t!” Jisoo reassured for the tenth time, squeezing her hands.  

“What makes you so sure of that?” 

“Because I’m here, and I know you can do it.” 

Jennie sighed, then giggled, shaking her head. 

“Okay, I’ll try.” 

“Try? You can’t just try.” Jisoo pouted. An idea crossed her mind, and before she could think about it, she had already spoken – “What about a little motivation? Do well and I’ll give you a present later.”  

A smirk grew on Jennie’s lips. 

“And what would that be?” 

“You’ll find out later.”  

“Okay, I’ll do well. There's no way I can screw up and never get your present.” Jennie nodded with a smile, like a little kid. 

“It’s almost time, you should go.”  

Jennie frowned. 

“What about a little motivation now?” Jennie suggested with puppy eyes. 

Another idea crossed Jisoo’s mind, but this time, she could almost control it. After looking around, Jisoo leaned forward and planted a kiss on Jennie’s cheek, so close to her lips she felt the corners of lift. 

“I-I hope this is enough.” Jisoo mumbled, fixing the collar of Jennie’s shirt, avoiding her eyes. 

“For now.” Jennie whispered, responding in the same way by kissing the corner of Jisoo’s lips. 

Jisoo looked up and gulped, holding back the urge to give her a real kiss.  

Jennie smiled and turned, walking inside the building. And now, Jisoo had to deal with the consequences of promising a reward and having no idea about what it would be. 

--- 

Jisoo had been staring at her screen for five minutes trying to read a single sentence, having no idea how silly she looked. 

“Jisoo!” Rosé’s voice woke her up from her daydream, startling her. 

“What?!” 

Rosé and Lisa shared a look and snickered. 

“Were you thinking about your girlfriend?” Lisa smirked. 

“Yes.” Jisoo answered, her mind drifting away again. “Wait, what?! No, what girlfriend?” 

“You know exactly who you were thinking about when you said yes.” 

Jisoo glared at Lisa.  

“She’s not my girlfriend.” She sighed. 

“Girl, what are you waiting for, then?” Lisa playfully punched Jisoo’s arm. “She’s even living with you, you’re almost married.” 

“You know why she’s been living with me. You’re making me look like I’m taking advantage of it.”  

“You’re not, but you like having her with you.” Lisa stated. 

“W-Well, I can’t say I don’t, but...”  

“There are no buts, Jisoo. Why are you wasting your time? What are you afraid of?” Rosé stepped in the conversation. 

“If I creep her out, she might want to leave and then she won't have a place to stay anymore.” 

“That seems a bit... farfetched.” Rosé quirked an eyebrow. 

“It's not. She might not like me the way I like her, and then she'll feel uncomfortable and think that I am indeed taking advantage of her and that it's the only reason I have her with me!” Jisoo protested. 

“She does like you. You know it, too. But you're picking on the 0,1% chance that she doesn't to panic.” Rosé rolled her eyes. 

“Really, Chaeyoung? You have a glass ceiling yourself.” Jisoo smirked. 

Rosé stopped breathing and sulked. Lisa’s eyes jumped between the girls as the atmosphere turned tense. 

“Hm... Am I missing something?”  

“Uh...” Rosé widened her eyes. “Nope.” 

“I know you want the best for me, but don’t worry. I don’t wanna rush anything. If it’s meant to be, things will eventually happen.” Jisoo said, deflecting, feeling sorry towards Rosé for putting her in such a situation.  

Lisa agreed, nodding. Rosé sighed, and when she was sure Lisa wasn’t paying attention to them anymore, she turned to Jisoo and whispered – “Do what I say, don't do what I do.” 

--- 

Jennie hadn’t said anything all day. Did Jennie do badly, and was now avoiding her? Did she do good and wanted to tell her in person? Either way, the anxiety was eating Jisoo up, and she couldn’t stop looking at the clock at every thirty seconds.  

So, as soon as Jisoo stepped out of the building, she texted Jennie asking if she was at the train station. 

Maybe. – was the answer Jisoo received after a couple seconds. Why was Jennie playing with her heart like that?!  

Without realizing, Jisoo almost ran to the train station.  

“Jisoo? Did something happen?” Jennie asked as Jisoo approached her, panting. 

And without thinking, Jisoo launched herself to Jennie, squeezing her body in her arms. 

“Are you... okay?” Jennie struggled to ask. 

After a few seconds, Jisoo pulled away, never letting go of Jennie’s arms. 

“Y-Yes! I was just... I don’t know, I somehow panicked with your message.” Jisoo confessed, feeling embarrassed by how silly that was. 

“Oh my god, I’m sorry, I didn’t want to worry you. I just wanted to mess with you.”  

Jisoo sighed. 

“No, I am sorry. I’m really silly sometimes.” She chuckled.  

“Not gonna lie, you are, but just a tiny bit.” Jennie said with a smile. “A cute kind of silly, though. And I like it.” 

That triggered Rosé’s voice in her mind – you know she likes you. 

Could she really? 

“How was the interview?” Jisoo cleared . 

“Right, about that. You better have my present ready.” Jennie’s lips stretched into a wide grin. 

Jisoo’s eyes widened as a bright grin crept into her own lips.  

“Oh my god, you did it?”  

“Yap, I’ll start next week. I’m really going to become your colleague, Jisoo.”  

Jisoo wanted to play tough and tell her, see, I told you, but it was impossible to even try to hide the happiness she felt. She jumped and hugged Jennie again, catching people’s attention as they walked by. She wanted to laugh and cry at the same time, but she controlled her emotions the best she could, at least for now. 

“I knew you could do it, Jennie.” Jisoo pulled away.  

Jennie held her gaze and the voice announcing their train arriving echoed in the station, breaking their moment.  

They giggled and ran up the stairs, stepping inside the train just in time. 

“Jisoo.” Jennie called, leaning against her as they sat. “Thank you. I know I sound like a broken CD but, I really mean it"  

"That's not a problem for me." Jisoo smiled and let her hand move on its own to grab Jennie's. 

There was so much more Jisoo wanted to say, but she decided to keep it to herself. And now, she had the way back home to think of the reward she promised Jennie. 

--- 

But it wasn't enough time. Jisoo promised something she couldn't do, and now she felt bad. How was she going to tell her she actually didn't have anything? Jennie would think she never even believed in her, and only promised a reward because she knew she wouldn't have to give any. 

They stepped inside Jisoo's apartment and were greeted by their dogs. After a quick meal, they rested their bodies on the couch. Jisoo felt Jennie's eyes on her. She knew she was waiting. 

Hesitantly, Jisoo turned her head to meet Jennie's stare, and found a smirk on her lips. 

"So." Jennie muttered, raising an eyebrow. 

Jisoo nervously laughed, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. 

"Yeah, about your reward... I'm sorry Jennie, I don't really have anything. I just wanted to motivate you, and I ended up making a promise I couldn't keep." Jisoo said as her chest thumped. 

A giggle made Jisoo look at Jennie again, as she frowned in confusion. 

"That's okay, Jisoo. You didn't have to give me anything. The motivation was enough, and you were right, I really did it."  

"But I will keep my promise! Even if I don't have anything now, I'll think about something. I'll feel bad if I don't."  

Jennie smiled and nodded.  

"Actually," Jennie said after a few seconds of silence. "There's something I want." 

Jisoo cocked an eyebrow, waiting for Jennie to continue. 

"It's something you can give to me right now."  

"O-Okay, what is it?" 

Jennie turned her body towards her and shifted closer, resting her arm on the back of the couch. Jisoo's vocal chords stopped functioning, just as her body, as Jennie's eyes wandered all across her face, stopping at her parted lips.  

"Close your eyes." Jennie whispered, her face an inch from hers.  

Jisoo felt her eyes closing without even thinking about it. In the silence of the room, all Jisoo could hear was her heart throbbing in her ears, desperately waiting for what she hoped would happen.  

But even after what seemed like an eternity later, nothing happened. She wondered if Jennie was even still there, so Jisoo forced her eyes to open. She was surprised to find Jennie with her eyes closed. 

Once again, the words from earlier echoed in her mind. You know she likes you. 

As if a jolt of electricity pulsed inside Jisoo, her body jerked forward. When Jisoo realized that her lips did touch Jennie’s, she pulled away, her eyes widening. 

“Oh my god, I’m so so-" 

Jisoo was interrupted as Jennie cupped her cheeks and sealed their lips. Jisoo didn’t even have time to panic – she let her heart take the lead, holding Jennie close and kissing her back. 

Jisoo always knew what she felt for Jennie was different, stronger, but she didn’t want to name it, in case she was wrong. But, the soon she let this moment happen, there was no way she could be wrong about what she truly felt. 

“Jennie.” Jisoo called in a hoarse whisper between kisses. “I’m... in love... with you.”  

Jennie pulled away and stared into Jisoo’s eyes.  

“Are you... really?” Jennie looked away. 

“Look at me.” Jisoo genty held her chin. “I was never so serious. You’re the person I love the most in my life, and no, I’m not exaggerating. I know it’s not been long since we’ve met but... I really, undoubtedly, love you Jennie. I never even thought I could love someone this much before." 

For a few seconds, Jennie stayed quiet, staring into Jisoo's eyes. Jisoo hoped she could she how sincere and true her words were. Then, Jennie launched forward, burying her face on Jisoo's neck, making her smile. 

"You're the best thing that could have happened in my life, Jisoo. I feel like I don't deserve you or the things you did for me but, I also don't know what I would do without you, so I'll just be thankful. And..." Jennie pulled a bit and looked into her eyes again. "I love you, Jisoo. I feared that my feelings for you would make me look like I was taking advantage of you, because I wanted to be with you, spend my nights here, have my meals with you, and I seriously feared I would end up bothering and pushing you away." 

Jisoo cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.  

"I've told you a thousand times that you're never a bother, but if you wanted me to, I could tell you as many times as you wished. You deserve everything in this world. Deep down, I was sure you felt the same way as I did, but I was afraid I was delusional and I didn't want to risk it. But I was dumb right? I could have risked it before." Jisoo giggled. 

"Now is just perfect. And how would I not love you, Jisoo? What's there to not love? You're  perfect." 

Jisoo closed her eyes and shook her head, feeling her face warming up. 

“I’m sorry, this was lame.” Jennie chuckled. 

“I like lame. You won’t beat me at being lame, Jennie Kim.” 

“You wanna bet?” 

“You’re the most beautiful human being I’ve ever seen.” Jisoo started. 

“No, that’s you. Have you looked properly at yourself? How’s it even possible to be that pretty?”  

Trying to ignore how red Jisoo knew her cheeks were, she continued.  

“You should ask that to yourself.” 

Jennie opened but no words came. 

“Oh, did I win already? That was ea-“ Jennie stopped Jisoo from getting all cocky by kissing her. 

“That’s... not fair...!” Jisoo protested, feeling Jennie smile into the kiss. 

“The world is not fair.” Jennie smirked, making Jisoo hit her arm.  

Jisoo glared at her, her chin dropped. 

“And you think I'm letting you off the hook now?" Jennie continued. "I can keep going. Have I told you you’re adorable?” 

“I think you used cute before. But you know what’s really adorable? Your gummy smile.”  

Just as Jisoo said it, Jennie smiled, making sure she wouldn’t even show her teeth.  

“You have the most beautiful lips.”  

“Oh,” Jisoo smiled. “Is that so?” 

Jennie smirked and kissed her again. 

“Yes, and I think I’m starting to get addicted.” She said before giving her one more kiss. 

“A Jisoo addicted Jennie sounds good.” 

“It’s been like that for some time. I’m Jisoo’s Jennie.”  

Jisoo forgot for a second they were still having a lame challenge, and Jennie took advantage of it immediately. 

“Then you’re my Jennie.” 

“And you’re my little ray of sun.” 

Game over. Jisoo burst out in a loud laugh along Jennie. 

“Little ray of sun?! Wow Jennie, you managed to surpass my highest expectations of lame. I can't compete with that EVER. Congratulations, Jennie Kim. You are the winner of the gold medal in the 2018 Lame & Cringe Olympics.”  

"Is the gold medal all there is? Olympic medalists get some other kind of reward, usually." Jennie pouted. 

Jisoo planted as many quick kisses as she could on Jennie's lips before she ran out of breath. 

"I'm sorry, but the rest of your prize will have to be paid over time. I can't give you 1.000.000 kisses right now. Unfortunately, that's not humanly possible." 

"I'll make sure to stick around for as long as it takes to get them all." Jennie booped Jisoo's nose. "And you'll never be able to pay for it in full in your lifetime because I'll charge an interest of 10000% and I will keep track of it." 

Jisoo leaned her forehead against Jennie's and spoke through the smile on her lips. 

"I guess I can live with that." 

 ---

A/N: AAAAAA FLUFF ;-; I hope this is just as lame cute as I wanted it to be kekekekeke  

Now for the sad news... the next chapter will be the last one T__T I'm sorry this was quite a short story, but I really hope you're enjoying it so far! <3