Spoiled Apple Of My Eye

Spoiled Apple Of My Eye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one of those usual days within the Do household. Papa Soo was making a fuss over his son messing with the food he had hunted so lovingly and which was supposed to be eaten gratefully by the boy. Kyungsoo was even whining and pouting his lips. He couldn’t be mad at Chanyeol, not with his cute face and innocent smile and that adorable laugh he was being spoiled with.

They lived in a small house in Geumjeongsan mountain in Busan. Kyungsoo’s work was also not very far from their house. Currently, he was on paternity leave now but in a few months time he would need to start working again for three days a week and leave their son on those days with his mother again. He worked as a manager in a renowned bank and he actually liked his job and hoped he would be able to do it for a long time.

Do Kyungsoo was a single father for a long time. It had been hard in the beginning, especially right after the divorce from his husband. Jongin had cheated on him, one time. One time was already too much for Kyungsoo. Jongin had tried everything to win his heart back but Kyungsoo was unforgiving in this matter. As a result, the big-eyed vampire had kept their son for his safety and so he would grow up well. Jongin was allowed to see their son once a month.

But he managed well, in fact, his son helped him a lot without even knowing it. Chanyeol was the apple of his eye and even though the pretty active boy could be a handful at times, Kyungsoo would never be able to get mad at him. 
The middle-aged man looked at his son with his big doe eyes, his lower lip jutted out, and at this moment, people would have found themselves asking who was the actual baby of them two. Chanyeol just laughed at his father and stared back with the same huge, innocent eyes, clearly inherited from his father. Blood was smeared all around his mouth, his tiny baby fangs poking out adorably as he touched his own with one finger and pointed at his father to make him show him the big big teeth. They are vampires.

“Channie wants to see appa’s teeth?” Kyungsoo teased the boy and grinned at him. Chanyeol nodded and squealed in joy. His father’s eyes and smile changed slightly but Chanyeol didn’t notice. 

“We will make a deal. Appa will show you his big teeth when Channie eats up like the big boy he is, alright?” Kyungsoo already saw himself finally getting his son to eat but his joyful expression dropped and his eyes widened when he saw Chanyeol’s lips quivering. 

“No, no, no, don’t cry! Everything is good, baby. You can eat as you like and daddy will show you his big teeth anyway, see,” Kyungsoo said and let his fangs expand, opening his mouth wide for his son to see and leaned closer to him. If he couldn’t handle something, then it was seeing his son cry.

Chanyeol giggled and clapped his hands. His father always looked so funny like this and he liked to touch his big teeth. Kyungsoo sighed in relief and started making funny faces. He loved his son’s laughter, it was like music in his ears.
“A-appa,” Chanyeol said with another giggle. His father gasped, his already big eyes widening again. Chanyeol was already 3 years old by human age. In vampire age he would probably be by around 11 months, Kyungsoo didn’t count years anymore after living for so long already. This was Chanyeol’s first word and it was ‘appa’, Kyungsoo felt so proud that he even teared up.

“My baby said his first word!” He picked his son up and swirled him around in the air. Then he let his fangs disappear again and peppered Chanyeol’s face with lots of kisses, making the little guy giggle in joy.

 

Kyungsoo looked back at one of those adorable moments while sitting on the sofa in the living room with puffed cheeks because his son was still not home. It was late at night already and Chanyeol was only 53 (16) years old, he was still too young to be out alone for such a long time. It was dangerous because at this time hunters usually will be around, thinking vampires only lived in the dark and came out at night. Ridiculous, Kyungsoo could only laugh at the human’s thoughts about them.

He works in broad sunlight like all the humans around them and no one would suspect him to be a vampire. Even though human food is tasteless to vampires and had no important nutrients for them, they were able to eat it, which made living normally and making a living easier for them.

Kyungsoo took the wine glass, filled it with blood, and took a sip. He sighed deeply and shook his head, trying to stay calm. The pictures running through his mind were making him go crazy. Hopefully, his only son would be alright. The phone already laid beside him, ready to call his ex and ask him if he knew something about Chanyeol’s whereabouts but then he would need to admit that he was failing as a dad and that was something he would never be able to do.
Then, he heard the sound of the door being unlocked and his gaze quickly directed towards it. His thick brows were almost building one entire line. This time he was very angry at his son. He had told Chanyeol a thousand times already but this boy never listened. This time he wouldn’t melt at his son’s puppy eyes. The door opened and a tall boy with medium length, orange hair entered. Kyungsoo gasped.

“What did you do to your hair, young man?! And have you checked the time even once? You have a phone! You can text me, waste 1 minute of your precious time to tell your dad that you are not captured by hunters out there!” Kyungsoo’s voice gained in volume and sounded pretty angry. That was his worst outburst since he caught his ex-wife cheating on him. 

“You don’t like it, appa? And don’t you think I can take care of myself well on my own already? I’m taller than you and umma, too,” Chanyeol said softly, his bottom lip jutted out and his eyes big as he walked towards his father. A few seconds later Kyungsoo found himself in the tight embrace of his son. He wanted to push him away and scold him, but then he realised his son’s wet clothes and looked up at him, his hair wasn’t wet from washing it.

“Is it raining outside? You’re dripping wet. Get out of these wet clothes this instant. Appa will bring you dry ones. Go take a hot shower.” Kyungsoo’s mood immediately changed to being worried. Chanyeol had always been very prone to getting sick since childhood. Vampires could catch almost all kinds of human diseases and simple colds were way worse for vampires than for humans. He cupped Chanyeol’s face and felt his forehead, no fever yet, that’s good.

“Appa, I’m fine, don’t worry.” Chanyeol chuckled and patted his father’s head. Looking at the two, one would think that Chanyeol was the father and Kyungsoo, thanks to his young looks, was his son. It must have been Kyungsoo’s side being at fault for Chanyeol’s tall height, since his parents were also very tall but Kyungsoo just turned out to be so small.

“No, you’re not. You will take off your clothes now and take a hot shower this instant, young man. They are dripping wet. You will catch a cold like this.” Kyungsoo took a hold of Chanyeol’s right ear and pulled him to the bathroom, ignoring his son’s whining. He took the bathroom key and locked him inside until he fetched dry clothes for him.

“Appa! Let me out. What are you doing?” Chanyeol shouted and pulled on the door. He puffed his cheeks and started to undress himself, seeing he had no chance against his overly-caring father. There was also a point in his dad’s actions though, as he had told him he had a severe cold as a baby before. His father had even been nice to his mother for once as they were both worried sick. He felt sorry for his mom, though, he was never told of why they divorced. Usually vampire marriages were done for life. His mother just always told him that he had done an unforgivable mistake when Chanyeol was still a baby.

Suddenly the door opened and he saw his father standing in the doorway, a new set of clothes in his arms. Chanyeol widened his eyes and covered his intimate area, an unmanly screech escaping his lips.

“Appa! You can’t just barge in without knocking! Give me some privacy!” Chanyeol said as he hurriedly took the clothes and shoved his father out of the bathroom. He leaned against the door with his back and sighed deep.

“Don’t make such a fuss, baby. I’m your father, I saw you poop your diapers up to your neck.” That earned Kyungsoo an embarrassed whine from his son. He shook his head. “This morning I got your favourite blood group, baby. If you take a thorough shower and dry your hair, you will get as much as you want.”

In no time, Kyungsoo heard the shower and laughed to himself as he walked over to the kitchen. Sometimes, his son cost him a lot of nerves but other times, he was also just the most adorable thing in the world. 

 

Two days later, Chanyeol caught a cold anyway and woke up with a clogged nose, swollen eyes and an inflamed throat. On top of that, he also had a fever. With a shiver, he cuddled himself tighter into his blanket and whined. Fortunately, his father had his day off today.

“Appa! Appa!” Chanyeol shouted, a coughing fit starting right after. His father stormed into his room just a few seconds later and rushed to his bed. He looked very worried and felt Chanyeol’s forehead, pursing his lip.

“Oh baby, didn’t appa tell you to be more careful when it rains outside? I told you you would catch a cold. Appa will heat you up some really good blood and let in a nice bath for you, hm? How does that sound? And later you can cuddle with appa all day in my big bed.” Kyungsoo kissed his son on his forehead and wanted to tug him in tight hug when suddenly Chanyeol sneezed and turned into his bat form. Kyungsoo pouted but cupped Chanyeol with his hands either way, putting him on his chest, where the whining bat clung to immediately. Kyungsoo caressed his little head gently and started to sing a lullaby as he walked downstairs to the kitchen.

The baby bat made high tones that indicated discomfort which nearly broke Kyungsoo’s heart. Hopefully, his cold wouldn't last long, he didn't like to see his son sick. He should give his ex-wife a call later. This weekend was mama weekend but he needed Chanyeol to stay at home. Moving a lot wasn't a good idea.

“Appa will make you something good now. A blood tea and blood porridge. It will make you feel better soon.” Kyungsoo opened the fridge and looked for a very special blood type that he stored for those days. When sick, there was one specific blood type that should be drunk regularly for the cold to disappear. It was AB-, the rarest blood type among humans as only 1 out of 167 people owned it. 

Chanyeol pressed himself tighter to his father’s chest as the cold breeze hit his thin fur. Kyungsoo quickly took out the desired blood pack and closed the fridge. Then, he put it aside and heated up a pot with water on the stove, so he could easily warm the baby bottle he would use to fill the precious blood in. As he waited for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter