Seung-hyun?

Wing-girl

[A/N] Yay for spring break! <3


[JiEun's POV]

'Don't trust Seunghyun'

Wait, what?

I tried texting back the number and calling it.

"The number you have dialed does not exist. Please try-"

Once more.

"The number you have dial-"

No, it can't be. This is just too weird.

"The num- "hey babe."

I jumped and looked up to see Seunghyun there.

"Is everything ok?"

"Everything's fine but I might want to go home soon. I have so much work to do."

On the drive back, I kept looking at him. 

Is this the SeungHyun I know? Has he been lying to me this whole time?

Who the hell was the other person? Who was the one who is trying to warn me?

Is that person even trying to warn me, or is that person jealous of me?

I mean other students have called us the power couple of the school and we were even crowned homecoming king and queen last year.

This year we are planning to run for senior prom king and queen again. 

Lee JiEun, you probably are thinking too much again. Stop it.

"Am I that attractive?"

SeungHyun's deep voice broke my train of thought.

"Hm?"

"You've been staring at me this entire car ride and have not spoken a single word."

"Just lost in your handsome face that's all. But babe can I ask you a question?"

He stopped the car at a junction, the light was red.

"You love me, don't you?"

He looked at me and just laugh,

"Of course I love you babe. What were you thinking?"

He leaned in for a kiss, I was trying to use all of my mental strength to hold on to those words so badly.

As we pulled apart, the light turned green.

"Come on, let's go."

However, that night I cried myself to sleep. For I had found evidence proving that he was a liar.


During lunchtime, I sat alone. JiYong was probably with Chaerin and SeungHyun didn't come to school because he "suddenly" had to go see the doctors.

"Hey stupid, why are you daydreaming?"

I chose to ignore that stupid Kwon JiYong because his annoyance in the last thing I really need right now.

"Hello?"

"Earth to JiEun?" He waved his hand in front of me but I chose not to look up at all but suddenly he gripped onto my hand so tightly.

"Hey, what's going on?"

This wasn't the usual goofy, funny and annoying JiYong talking, this was my best friend Kwon JiYong talking.

I looked up and our eyes finally met.

He was very worried.

"What happened, and don't tell me nothing. I know it's something and it is something big so just tell me."

I shook my head and look back down again but he stood up while still holding my hand and lead me out of the cafeteria.

"Let go of me!"

But he ignored me and lead me out anyways.

We walked to the back of the school, to the small garden by the parking lot.

It was our secret hideout.

"Spill."

And I started bawling my eyes. 

I told him everything, from the blue heart emoji. To the weird text and finally to the concrete evidence,

That Choi SeungHyun isn't who he says he is.

There is no Choi SeungHyun. That person does not exist, the person I am dating isn't my boyfriend.

That person used a fake identity to get to me, or should I say my father.

My father is one of the most famous researchers working in the World Health Organization and recently he said that he has found the cure for cancer.

It was a project that he has been working on for his entire life, and "SeungHyun" is actually a spy.

My dad really likes SeungHyun and currently he is interning for my dad. Apparently when they first met, SeungHyun had told my dad that he wanted to be like him someday and my dad just loves being flattered so he took him under his wing.

JiYong looked at me with his jaw dropped.

"How..how do you know all this?"

"When I got home after SeungHyun- or whatever his name is dropped me. There was a brown file on my doorstep and inside contained multiple news articles about him, all with different names for different occasions and then I did some digging and it turns out the news articles are telling the truth. He is an industrial spy. I may sound stupid or maybe something straight out of a movie scene but it is actually real."

"Have you confronted him about it?"

I just shook my head,"He apparently had to go to see the doctor's today."

"Can I see that file?"

I reached into my bagpack and took it out for JiYong.

He gently opened it and he eyes slowly bulged as his eyes went along the lines.

"That son of a-"

And without realizing it, tears were coming out of my eyes once more. 

Suddenly, JiYong hugged me and I just buried my face into his chest. I needed this so much and I am so glad that JiYong is here for me after all these years.

After a while, I managed to calm myself.

"Thanks you idiot"

"Want me to drive you home today? We can stop for some food on the way."

"Yeah sounds good with me."


JiYong and I never have any classes together so after the bell rang I had to manage to not cry all over again and this time without his help.

During English class though, Chaerin came and was smiling brightly.

"JiEun-ah, omg your friend JiYong is so cute."

Well, at least one thing in my life that I did is working out now. Things might be working well for JiYong and Chaerin.

"Ewww, Kwon JiYong. No way! Haha, what did he do that made you think he is cute?"

And she told me about their night, about how JiYong was so kind to her and is promising to go furniture shopping with her this weekend.

She mentions how his tiny gesture made her feel special.

And the more she continued, she was describing a side to Kwon Ji Yong that I have never noticed before. Just like the side of him that I saw earlier today.

After class, JiYong was standing in the hallway waiting for me and we silently walked out together.

But then, I heard my name.

It was SeungHyun.

"Hey JiEun! Want me to drop you home?"

I scoffed, "I thought you went to see the doctor's today?"

"Yeah, turns out I didn't eat something well last night but now I am feeling a bit better."

"Come on, let's go"

But I didn't budge.

"Babe? Why are you just standing there?"

He was reaching out for me but suddenly,

JiYong grabbed his wrist and twisted it.

"Don't you ever lay your hand on her anymore."

"JiYong, what the hell are you doing. Let go of me now that hurts."

"You lying bastard, stop calling her babe. You don't even love her, you "

SeungHyun looked confused, "JiYong, what the hell are you talking about, of course I love her. She is my girlfriend, what...what are you talking about?"

"What's your real name?"

"Choi SeungHyun, JiYong-ah, you already know my name so why are you asking me?"

"WHAT'S YOUR REAL NAME?" shouted JiYong.

Everyone who was around us and stopped in their tracks and were looking at us.

"JiYong-ah, calm down. Is everything ok?"

Just then, JiYong swinged a punch into SeungHyun's face.

Everyone gasped and SeungHyun fell to the ground.

"JIYONG HAVE YOU GONE MAD?"

He laughed, "Have I gone mad? No SeungHyun, I have not because I am not a ing spy who lies to people and gets their hearts to get information."

Just as SeungHyun was trying to get back up on his feet, JiYong ran up to SeungHyun.

"KWON JI YONG STOP IT! STOP IT!!!"

But he didn't hear me and swung another punch to SeungHyun but he kicked JiYong back in the gut as well.

Everyone else started gathering over and to see them fight. Some were chanting JiYong's name and others were shouting for SeungHyun.

They both fell back once more, bruises on their faces.

JiYong lip is bleeding, while SeungHyun has a black eye but both of them aren't willing to stop.

They both ran towards each other once more but I knew I had to stop this.

So I ran to the middle of them just as they were about to hit each other.

Smack.

I felt a punch to my right cheek.

I fell sideways (more towards JiYong) and he managed to catch me before I fell to the ground, SeungHyun was the one who threw the punch at me.

My cheek felt really sore.

"JiEun-ah, are you insane. What were you thinking???" said JiYong to me as I was still in his arms.

"Just...just stop this. Right now"

He nodded and tried to get me to my feet and he put my arm over his shoulder.

"Choi SeungHyun, or whatever your name is. Never EVER show up here once more."

JiYong helped me to his car and I reached to his glovebox to grab some tissues (which I left for him a couple of months ago)

And I helped to wipe the blood coming from his lip but I am not going to talk to this idiot.

"What were you thinking? Good thing I managed to avoid you but SeungHyun still managed to take a punch at your cheek.

Silence.

"Here let me look at your cheek"

Silence

I finished wiping his wound and sat back looking out of the windscreen.

"Should I get driving then?"

Silence.


I cried myself to sleep that night. 

Both JiYong and SeungHyun tried contacting me but I didn't want to speak to any of them.

My mom was so shocked to see me with a swollen cheek and she allowed me to skip school the next day.

She never asked me what happened and I'm glad she didn't though, I didn't feel like crying in front of her.

But that night, I felt like my whole world was falling apart.

All this time, I was just a tool used for a bigger play in action.

Seung-Hyun was my very first boyfriend and I thought that he actually loved me for who I am, but now after all this. Is there even love?

Will I ever be loved?

So, I just got up from bed and shoved everything I can into my duffle bag.

I needed a break from life and everything.

I left a note for my mom,

"Need to figure things out will go to Aunt Jackie's place. Love you."

And headed to the bus station, my aunt lives about a 5 hour drive away from here. 

But just as I opened out front door, I saw a familiar figure standing there.

"JiYong?"


[A/N] Hey guys hope you liked this chapter, sorry for the late update, I wanted to update a couple days ago but the hotel I'm staying now for vacation has pretty bad WiFi. Much love to TOP always but he suits this character. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Loves and comments are much appreciated :D