The Wandering

Wing-girl

[A/N] So sorry for the slow update guyssss but thank you all so much for the continuous love I've been receiving for this fic!


[JiEun's POV]

I had to get out of here. Even though nothing has changed with the surroundings but I guess my heart has changed.

And I needed to get some fresh air and clear my mind.

This is so unlike me though, Lee JiEun. President of the yearbook community, the straight-A student that never misses class unless she is sick and she hardly ever gets sick.

It all happened so quickly, me packing up and writing that note to my mom. I had to get out of here before I change my mind, there is no stopping me tonight.

That's what I just did but as I opened the front door, there he was standing there.

"JiYong? What the hell are you doing here?"

He remained silent but a huge smile just crept on his face as soon as he saw me, it was as if he was relieved to see me.

The relief on his face when he saw me somehow touched me though.

I slowly walked to him until we were only just a couple centimeters apart.

"How long have you been here?"

"Ever since I sent you the text that I was waiting here."

Text? I don't remember receiving any texts from him.

Wait.

I turned off my phone earlier because of the texts that I kept receiving from him and SeungHyun.

I quickly reached for my phone in my pocket to switch it back on.

And the texts that I have been missing started pouring in.

Most of them are from SeungHyun saying how sorry he is, some are from Chaerin and my other friends checking up to see if I am ok.

And there were JiYong's texts.

"Are you feeling ok?"

"Want me to come over with your favorite ice cream?"

"Hey remember that funny thing we used to do when we were kids?"

"JiEun-ah, I know you might not want to talk to anyone now but can you at least reply me a word or maybe even just an emoji to let me know that you are reading these texts?"

"Lee JiEun, if you still don't reply I am coming over to your house right now."

"I'm heading over now."

"I'm here at your doorstep."

I froze when I saw the last text, I checked the timestamp for the last text.

11:30pm

I looked at the top of the screen to check the time right now.

2:30am.

He has been here for 3 hours?!

I looked up and our eyes met again,

"You idiot Kwon JiYong, why the heck did you wait here for 3 hours for me."

"Cause I didn't want the see the girl that I cared for get hurt any longer and I want to be there for her."

Du-gun. Du-gun.

"But still, why didn't you think that I could have switched off my phone and not have seen those texts at all?"

"That is worse because you never switch off your phone unless you really want to escape from the world and hide in your own little corner. You only do that when you feel like . So when you didn't reply me, I immediately knew you switched off your phone and I knew how serious this is. So I just came."

"But still-"

Before I could finish my sentence, he hugged me tightly which caught me by surprise.

But I really needed this so badly, and he was right. I only switch off my phone whenever I really wanna disappear from the world.

Even though, I thought that I was ok. I started bawling my eyes in his embrace once more.

Kwon Ji Yong, thank you.


The next thing I know it, I'm in his car and we are on the road with no final destination in mind.

I threw away the note that I wrote for my mom and changed it with a new one.

"Will be out for the day, be back by 9pm."

Since it was only 3am, there were no other cars on the road.

It was just us.

I rolled down the windows and listened to the silence of the outside world with a faint sound of the engine.

Everything was just so calm and peaceful.

"JiYong, where are we going?"

"Our own little adventure."

Sometimes he would take 4 lefts in a row and then take a right. Other times he would take 4 rights in a row and take a left.

But after almost 2 hours of driving, he finally stopped.

"Now this is what I call a successful wandering," said JiYong.

As I looked ahead, I realized that he actually drove to the beach, which is quite far from our neighborhood.

I haven't been to the beach for a while as well, I think the last trip I made to the beach was around 3 years ago.

I looked at my watch, 5:15am.

The weather app had said that sunrise for today will happen at 6:03am.

Did JiYong planned this or?

"Come on JiYong, let's wait for the sunrise together."

He took the big blanket that he had at the back of his car and we sat there on the beach.

The calming waves the only background noise that could be heard.

JiYong had let me use his arm as my pillow and we were looking at the stars above.

The whole atmosphere was so calming and relaxing, it was as if all my worries were about to disappear into dust.

"JiYong-ah"

"Yeah?"

"You know what I really like about you?"

"My awesome looks?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Although you may be an idiot most of the times but at the most crucial times, your brain works really well"

"What is that suppose to mean!" He took his arm away from my head as he sat up and I bumped my head to the ground.

"Hey! Give me a warning before my arm pillow disappears!" I sat up as well.

We faced each other once more, our noses so close that they are almost touching.

"Lee JiEun, tell me one thing. Are you feeling better?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, you idiot."

"You know you had me so worried, you idiot. Don't ever scare me like that again. Even if you shut yourself from the rest of the world, never ever shut yourself away from me. You got that."

"You sound like your my boyfriend when you say that." I joked.

"Well I am."


[A/N] Did JiYong just said that he is JiEun's boyfriend whuuttttt hmmmmmm. I'll leave it to here for now, till next time then! Loves and comments are much appreciated thank you all so much.