Tired

Wing-girl

[JiEun's POV]

"Well, I am."

I froze when I hear those words, what is this Kwon Ji Yong trying to say? 

"Well, I am your closest boy space friend right? You know I will always be here for you, even if there will be misunderstandings from others but I want it to be clear between us that I, Kwon JiYong will treasure you, Lee JiEun forever and if some bastard comes along the way and hurt you, I'll beat the living daylight out of him."

I gave him a huge hug, "Thank you, you idiot."

And so we sat there on the beach, watching the sun rise while I leaned my head on his shoulders.

Listening to the sound of the waves and the sound of my heart beating fast during that moment.


I got home at 7pm, JiYong and I just drove aimlessly and found all these amazing spots that we have never even heard or seen about.

We went to this abandoned mine that turned into an attraction site, we went to play laser tag by there. 

We had an impromptu picnic on this vast grassland that we came across.

We had pictures to remember this trip as well, I am into polaroids so I brought along my Polaroid camera and we just took so many pictures together.

And throughout this trip, I started noticing these tiny details about JiYong that I have never realized before even though we have known each other for so many years.

I found out that his favorite ice cream flavor is cookies and cream when all this time I had assumed it was plain vanilla.

To which he had to comment and say that he is a "very sophisticated person".

I found out that he actually like carbonara spaghetti over bolognese and I always bring him bolognese instead. 

"Well, I do prefer carbonara spaghetti if I were eating at a restaurant but I love your bolognese spaghetti, JiEun."

I found out that he likes girls who can appreciate his sense of humor, just like me. 

"JiEun, you know you are literally the only person who has ever laughed at my jokes."

I found out that all this time he has been caring for me with all these little details that I have never noticed. Like how when we enter a restaurant or a store, he will hold the door open for me. 

He always insists that I walk on the inside of a sidewalk, he doesn't like me to carry heavy stuff in my backpack because he doesn't want my posture to be bad.

And I found that I have been so stupid to not have noticed any of these throughout all these years that we have been best friends.


SeungHyun had left everything behind after that incident.

I decided to take 2 more days off from school after that wandering.

I went back to school to find out that he has left school and when I drove past his house on the way to school, there was this huge sign "HOUSE FOR SALE" in his front yard.

I guess once a spy's cover has been blown, they have to flee.

He didn't even say goodbye to me though. Even though we've been dating for so long, this just proves how he has never really felt anything for me. 

His mind has been programmed to manipulate me, to which he did succeed. 

It was weird to walk around class with a swollen cheek. Even though it wasn't as swollen as the day before yesterday when SeungHyun threw that punch at me. 

But still, I look like a chipmunk.

There were rumors flying around school, saying how JiYong and I had started dating because of the 'knight in shining armor' act that he did to me.

How SeungHyun cheated on me.

How I cheated on SeungHyun.

I just didn't want to be the center of attention now.

Everywhere I go, I hear whispers around me and it .

What's worse, JiYong got suspended for 2 weeks because of me.

What surprised me the most was when I saw Chae-rin.

She came up to me by my locker and wanted to walk to English together.

I thought she would be caring, but her first words when she saw me was,

"Were you cheating on Seunghyun with JiYong?"

I glared at her. Not being able to believe what she just said to me.

I slammed my locker shut and glared at her.

Of all people to believe in those rumors, I can't believe she believed in it too.

Now I have officially been deemed as the of the school.

I couldn't contain the fire in me, so I just had to shout.

"NO, CHAE-RIN. I DID NOT CHEAT ON SEUNGHYUN, JIYONG AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. THE LIAR IN THAT RELATIONSHIP WAS SEUNGHYUN."

Everyone in the hallway stopped to look at us. I turned around and faced everyone.

"SO IF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TRIES TO ASK ME THIS QUESTION AGAIN, THE NEXT PERSON WITH A SWOLLEN CHEEK WILL BE YOU GUYS."

I grabbed my stuff and left, but my feet didn't lead me to the classroom though.

It led me to me and JiYong's secret hideout, that small garden by the parking lot.

I couldn't deal with all this peer pressure.

I used to be one of the role models in schools. Perfect grades, runs the yearbook community, has an awesome and loving boyfriend.

And look at me now, 

Depressed, skipping class, no boyfriend, deemed as a .

I thought I was ok, I thought I could go through this.

I slowly walked to the big oak tree there, my feet were feeling heavier and I started taking smaller steps.

The world started spinning for abit.

I'm so tired of being strong, I'm so tired of pretending to be ok.

And then suddenly, everything went black.

But just before it did, I could have sworned I saw JiYong by the oak tree too.


[A/N] Sorry for the slow progress for this fic!! I will be back soon! Comments and loves are very very very much appreciated from you all. Till next time!