First Fight, First Make-Up

Puppy Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

“He he he...." Daniel laughed.

Seongwoo, who was styling his hair with a curling iron, smiled sweetly. "What's funny now? My face? Why are you always laughing at the most random things~"

Daniel twitched his nose, smiling wide so his charming dimples popped out in his mandu cheeks. "Your face is gorgeous as usual, that's not it. It feels nice. I think I like being pampered now."

"You didn't before?" Seongwoo asked curiously, thinking that was unusual considering he was half dog and naturally affectionate.

Daniel hugged his mate's waist, loving how his lithe, graceful body fit perfectly in his arms. Daniel never got enough of touching his Seongwoo and he could barely stand to be physically apart from him for more than a few minutes. He had whined when Seongwoo had kept his distance because the risk of getting him getting burned was higher if he did the hair styling close up. Daniel would rather take the risk. Being away from his mate even a minute since they bonded was pure torture.

Daniel let him be alone when he went inside his work place but other than that they were inseparable since mating had happened. Seongwoo took him back to see his friends who were worried and get clothes but they stayed the night at Seongwoo's every night. Luckily, Seongwoo had yet to feel annoyed by his clinginess and insist they separate for a night. Seongwoo pretty much gave the shifter whatever he asked for.

 Seongwoo was a complete sweetheart, though he often denied it and downplayed his hundreds of positive qualities. Daniel didn't think it was a lack of confidence or that he didn't know, especially about being handsome. It was more like he had been raised by humans to be humble and brush compliments aside lightly.

"I used to hate it, even when Jisung or Daehwi tried to groom or style me. It was annoying and itchy. But with you, it feels really nice and relaxing. I can feel how much you care through your fingertips, I guess? It's not the least bit annoying or itchy. I want to take advantage of it for hours. If only I was a girl and I had more hair."

 Seongwoo chuckled, twisting his body to get at the back side of his hair with the iron. He put wax in his hands and ran them through Daniel's locks, brushing, curling, and placing them various ways with a look of intense concentration.

"You are lucky that I like doing hair then. What are you doing? Hey, that tickles Niel~ Don't do that when I've got tools in my hands. You know I'm clumsy. We're both going to get burned badly at this rate."

Daniel ignored his sweet whine, reading the messages his body was sending him instead because they were more accurate. He gently forced the tool out of his hand and set it on top of the vanity, then stood up so he could get up and close with Seongwoo's delicious smelling skin peeking out of his collared shirt. He ed the collar and pressed kisses at his throat, sniffing under his jaw.

"Hmm...I am addicted to this stuff, thank you D and G, whoever you are...."

Seongwoo gripped Daniel's muscular arms at the solid bicep and tipped his head back, softly. Seongwoo had some idea what he was reacting to. Daniel liked the new Dolce and Gabana perfume he had bought the other day. Like was really an understatement though.

 One time, he had used a bit just to test it out because it was expensive so he was saving it for special occasions. Daniel had flew across the room and sniffed his wrist with huge huffs and pleasure moans before proceeding to rip off his pants literally and take him on the living room floor. This perfume had a dangerous effect on the shifter, even though he had used the tiniest amount possible.

 "Daniel, snap out of it. We need to finish getting you ready not start from scratch," Seongwoo warned and pushed him off firmly by the chest.

"One more whiff~" Daniel whined, resisting easily and pressing his nose close, squeezing his waist tighter.

"We can't..." Seongwoo groaned with a plea for Daniel to get back his sanity as he bit and his Adam's apple like it was candy.

 They had already did it this morning but Daniel was truly insatiable in the middle of his heat season. Even with frequent relief, he had energy and interest in more if Seongwoo did anything or seemed the least bit attractive. It was like having candles close together to an open flame.

Seongwoo forced him to sit back down, pressing on his shoulders with all his might and shaking his pointer finger in front of his cute button nose.

 "No, boy. Not this time. You can have your treat later."

Daniel rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Oh, so now you treat me like a dog."

 "Because you are acting like one. Now stay still and no more funny business or I might just make you look like Einstein to spite you."

 

 

“There, all done. You look hot. I’m a great stylist. Maybe I should have pursued this as a career."

 Seongwoo stepped aside ten minutes later so that Daniel could see into his vanity mirror. He was dressed up in a sharp outfit that brought out caramel tones in his skin and golden flecks in his light brown eyes. His blonde hair was styled in waves off his face, which was lightly covered with make-up.

He looked like a totally different person but he liked it. He knew he looked good and it made him feel more confident, about the interview and about being next to the man who was his lover and happened to look like a movie star. This way other men would think twice before attempting to steal his Ongie away. It made him happy to be getting closer and closer day by day to Seongwoo’s ideal man.

"We have time for breakfast on the way. Let's get going, Niel."

 "Sure, babe."

Seongwoo blushed, grinned shyly, and his pretty eyes fluttered as he looked down at the floor. Daniel grinned wide and pinched over his freckles, murmuring 'cutie'.

 "Where did you pick that up from?"

"Drama. And from the lovey dovey couples at home. I've been wanting to call you that for awhile but I wasn’t sure if you liked nicknames."

"Er, it is quite cheesy..."

Daniel chuckled evilly as he kissed his mate's flaming cheek to his ear, trapping him in his arms. He whispered huskily, "I can read your mind, hyung. It's cute that you still forget sometimes. There's no hiding or lying with us. I know that you loved that just now and that you are excited right now. Let me take care of that pesky guy for you..."

"Niel, no time for that! Let's go," Seongwoo muttered, turning redder and wriggling out of his embrace.

He grabbed Daniel's wrist and led him towards the front door. The two went to Starbucks for a muffin and coffee. After that, Daniel sat in the passenger seat of the car, enjoying the view and the breeze. Seongwoo had to remind Daniel not to stick his tongue out or bark at passing cars sometimes. Nothing could stop the excited pup from poking his tail out and wagging it excitedly or leaning out of the window though. Daniel just loved car rides that much but he could only enjoy them here and there since his friends had no car. It was just a part of his canine instincts.

 Seongwoo figured it was okay because he would be seen as just a bit weird they wouldn't suspect he wasn't fully human. Though to Seongwoo, it was still pretty obvious that Daniel had prevalent canine traits that the man was never going to permanently get rid of because he was attached to and proud of his heritage. Seongwoo didn't want him to fully lose that either. Puppy Daniel was the cutest sort.

"You like it that much, Niellie?" Seongwoo teased reaching over to scratch on his ear and playfully tug at his tail when they were stopped.

Daniel barked out "Neh! I love it almost as much as I like you."

"Ew, no . My makeup..." Seongwoo complained when the excited shifter jumped over and suddenly his cheek.

 Daniel made a yuck face, not pleased with the taste at all. He acted surprised by it every time, as if he didn't already know just what it tasted like.

 "Why do you put any of it on anyways, hyung? You are the last person who needs any of that powdery stuff. Ugh, it tastes awful~" He flicked his tongue in the air, wincing.

"It's not meant to taste good. It's meant to not get rubbed or wiped off easily. I do need it. Everyone in Seoul needs it. It's a crucial part of fashion. In this city, half of getting hired and being successful with customers is looking good. Trust me that we both stand better chances of being hired with this powdery stuff on. Don't it if you don't like it, silly. I should wear it all the time since it keeps you from me. I should definitely put them on my ears since that's your favorite," he teased with a sideways glance.

Daniel had been temporarily distracted by how attractive and masculine Seongwoo suddenly looked backing in to a spot to park the car, his pale, slender hands expertly turning the wheel and his head turned to the side to show a gorgeous three quarters profile that made his sharp features look all the more chiseled and breathtaking with the way the light was slipping in to form a halo around him.

His eyes went wide in horror and he whined much like a puppy would, "You wouldn't do that..."

Seongwoo parked the car and winked with a very attractive smirk. "Wouldn’t I?"

"Hyung, I live for your tasty ears. Don't take those away from me~" Daniel clung to his arm and moved to nibble on them as if he was going to be doing it for the last time forever and he was about to say goodbye.

 Seongwoo's giggle turned to a moan as the simple feel of Daniel's bunny teeth on the rims of his ear set him on fire. "Woah there, don't start something we can't finish, Niel..."

Daniel smirked against his skin and then bit down to his lobe with mischievous disobedience, his hands caressing up Seongwoo's thigh. Seongwoo leaned back farther in the chair and let out a throaty moan and gasp, his thighs shaking with pleasure, his eyes fluttering shut. Daniel hard on his ear lobe and tethered it between his sharp, extended fangs the way that he had discovered that drove his mate crazy.

Daniel had observed every detail of Seongwoo since they had started hanging out and memorized everything he liked and didn't care for, especially those related to mating. To his crazed delight, there had been hardly a thing that Seongwoo didn't like thus far.

 "Babe, I want you...." Daniel whispered in a thick enticing tone.

 "Oh god..." Seongwoo choked out and winced, his body shivering at the endearment he was already addicted to.

"Why don't we skip the interview today and make use of your time off mating? You are overdue for a marking session, actually. My scent is faint. People may start thinking you're free. Certainly can’t have that."

"The way that you are around me all the time outside of the office, I doubt that they will. Especially not with how you glare them to stone if they glance in my vicinity for more than two seconds," Seongwoo scoffed, pushing his hands off and nudging his chest.

Daniel pouted and let out a cute disappointed sigh but as usual he went along quickly with whatever Seongwoo wanted. Daniel thought he could at least be submissive to his mate and respect his wishes as a sign of his love. After all that Seongwoo put up and helped him with, it was the least he could do.

"I guess we should get this terrible event over with and then head on home."

 "You are evil, Niel. Glad I got you to stop this time. If you do well, I have a surprise for you. Try your best. Let's go over what we practiced while we wait to go in."

Seongwoo's number was right with Daniel's so they would be able to go in and do this interview together.

 

 

They rehearsed as they waited in the lobby for their groups turn to go in. Just before they were about to go in, Daniel froze up with nerves. Seongwoo sensed it rather than heard him say anything directly. Seongwoo took his hand which was slightly shaking and squeezed it.

 "I will go first to show you how it's done. You just follow me. Then do as we practiced. It will help if you picture the panel in their underwear. It won't feel like such a big deal then and you will smile naturally."

Daniel gulped and tried to smile back. "Thanks for coming with me. I hope I don't do something stupid this time too. I would hate to embarrass you."

"Niel, you could never embarrass me, not really. What happened before I would have thought was funny and cute. You know all those things you didn't know then now. It's going to go great. Just see~" Seongwoo pat his back and then stood up as they got called in.

The interview was short and uneventful. They had to sit in a row of chairs and introduce themselves one by one, while the people asked them a variety of questions. Seongwoo made sure that at the very end he made it seem like he wasn't sure about if he could do the job, so that way they would weigh him out as an option.

Daniel did a great job. He sold himself with confidence, wit, and charm and made the panel laugh several times. They kept glancing at him and taking notes even when it wasn't his turn. Seongwoo was proud that he had remembered every tip and line and he acted like himself. After he finished, he had wanted to stand up and give him applause.

 "Do you think I will get it?" Daniel asked outside the closed meeting door, looking unsure.

Seongwoo nodded with confidence.

 "You were the best in there. I could tell they liked you. So it's possible. Let's go somewhere to celebrate like I promised."

"Where?"

"You will see..." Seongwoo went out the door and looked left and right.

He started walking down the street one-way which he thought was the right way. Then, after a few blocks he saw a cafe he knew and realized they were going the wrong way. He turned around and walked back.

 Daniel chuckled as he followed from behind, watching out with sharp eyes for anything dangerous he needed to pull Seongwoo away from.

"Not sure we will ever get there, seeing as you don't know the way, hyung, “ he teased.

"I know where it is I was just forcing you to exercise more. You have been eating too much ramen!" Seongwoo grumbled defensively, his cheeks flaming to his flexible ears.

 "There's no such thing that exists in this world~" Daniel sang in denial.

 

 

“Where are we going, hyung? Why won't you tell me? It's driving me crazy!" Seongwoo chuckled as Daniel hopped circles around him with a desperate excited look, his bottom twitching like he clearly wanted to pop his tail out and wag it around.

 "What, you don't like surprises?" Seongwoo asked playfully.

 "I love them! But I prefer if I don't know a day before that there is going to be one coming up. Then I am tortured by the curiosity. I'm not good at waiting. Plus, I am frustrated from walking in circles while you figure out where it is."

“You were poorly trained as a puppy then."

 "We don't get trained, hyung. We just sort of do what we want unless it causes an issue."

"Ah, that makes sense. You are quite the troublemaker. Just thinking of what happened yesterday..."

"Sorry hyung, forgive me..."

 Seongwoo pet his platinum chic looking hair.

Daniel looked incredibly human-like now, a result of a few days of constant etiquette training and being banned from using his dog body for the sake of the interview. Still, there were times that he did things that were against all human common sense that caused issues Seongwoo had to cover up, sometimes with money or enthusiastic apologies. Daniel always felt terrible afterwards and literally hit himself in the head for not knowing better.

"Don't worry, Niel. It's a cute side of you. I want to enjoy it while you're still naive and clueless about my world. Eventually you will get it. Assimilating takes time." "

“...? You just said a bad word, hyung!" Daniel gasped with his hand over his gaping mouth.

 Seongwoo paused in the middle of the street with a confused look. Daniel instantly halted his steps backwards as if there were any invisible tether between them. Related likely to his dog nature, one of his peculiar traits was following his mate around like he was attached at the hip.

Seongwoo didn't mind it, though he had been a person previously who preferred space when he was dating a guy after a while. With Daniel, those happy first night, morning after feels never wore off though. He felt happy, at ease, and loved when Daniel was looking at him with a sweet, devoted smile.

"Neh? Bad word? Oh, you thought...No, it's something else...hold on, I'll explain in a second.... You're so adorable...." Seongwoo clutched his stomach and held onto Daniel's broad, muscular shoulder as he keeled over with giggle fits.

 Daniel was hilarious without trying when he made misunderstandings and overreacted like this. Seongwoo would need a few moments to recover from the amusement and adorableness before he could explain. Daniel would either laugh and sheepishly scratch the back of his hair or he would fold his arms and pout with offense, either way an embarrassed blush would creep up his marshmallow cheeks.

"Hyung, watch out. You're in the middle of the street." Daniel subtly pushed Seongwoo's arm, leading him out of whatever dangers the shifter might have thought laid waiting in the middle of the road to harm him.

Seongwoo laughed harder and leaned in more into him, his nose pressing into Daniel's chest like they did when they snuggled at home. This young kid was too sweet and precious to be real. Seongwoo wondered if he deserved to be this happy and be dating someone so great, but then he recalled his miserable situation the last couple years and figured it was probably God's apology gift or consolation prize for putting up with the challenges. People had caved under a lot less than he had been dealing with.

"Hyung, people are staring. Not that I mind that much. But you look really pretty right now so it's triggering my territorial side..."

Seongwoo noticed then that Daniel was tense and gripping him a bit too firmly, his eyes slightly narrowed at any passersby.

"Oh, sorry. Let's keep walking. I will explain. We are almost there."

Seongwoo wiped a tear from his eye and then grabbed his hand. Daniel pulled his wrist and forced him to turn around so they didn't end up making any progress.

"Why are you crying? What's wrong? Tell me," he barked out with an edge and bossy sound in his tone.

His hand that went to touch under Seongwoo's eye was soft and gentle as a falling blossom in the spring, however, suggesting he was immensely concerned.

 "Ah, sometimes we cry if we laugh too hard or if we are sleepy or really happy. These weren't unhappy tears, I swear. Sorry to worry you for no reason."

Seongwoo smiled and squeezed his hand in reassurance, then kissed his boyfriend's wrist. Daniel seemed relieved.

"Humans are weird," he teased and pet Seongwoo's head with affection.

Following that, they continued hand in hand down the street, both in a good mood as Seongwoo explained the meaning of assimilation that had nothing to do with rear ends.

Please log in to read the full chapter