Park Bogum is my Prince

The Princess and the Pea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update because I won't be free for some time again. A short chapter. Hope you all enjoy it! Made sure you read the previous update too!

 

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. 

 

I'd actually never heard of this quote before, but Baekhyun had been saying it in a sing-song manner throughout the morning. I wasn't particularly in the mood to head out to Chinatown for another day of long walking just to get food, so I told him just that. As much as I knew he was upholding his end of the deal and being as much of a good guide he was, I was actually hoping to stay in by this seaside apartment to roll over and cry. Or maybe order a pizza, then roll over and cry. 

 

"Not under my watch!" Baekhyun had eagerly declared in the morning that it was practically a sin to not have eaten Chinatown food when in Incheon. He started on an abysmal rap of Shengjian Bao, Jjajjangmyeon and Fried Rice. 

 

Eventually my reluctance to get off my/ his bed triumphed his horrible persuasion skills and rap, so instead he went to Chinatown alone and bought me food at an alarming speed. I'd barely had ten minutes to admire the ocean and photos around his living room when he turned up at the doorstep again, hands too full to actually twist the door handle when he got back. 

 

"Baekhyun, why did you buy enough food to feed four?" Hands on my waist, I gave him a stern look. The boy merely flashed us his usual boxed grin and shoved the food into my arms. 

 

"Since someone was too lazy to get herself out of the apartment, and I actually wanted to let you try as many food as possible, I just have to bring half the street back for you."

 

That was how Baekhyun and I ended up on the ground, food sprawled all around us, binge watching Park Bogum so that I could cry over faithful men who would never cheat on their partners, even if they were potential eunuchs. 

 

"You're drooling," Baekhyun nudged me halfway through the drama.

 

"The noodle's good."

 

Baekhyun wriggled his brows suspiciously at me, but withheld his comments when I placed another Shengjian Bao into his plate. 

 

--

 

True to the longtime stereotyping of teen heartbreak films, shows, beer and company were truly the best medical formula for a healing day. It gave you the time and space to laugh, to cry, and more importantly to rant the depths of your rotten soul and memory (was I being too dramatic?) 

 

Either way, Baekhyun and I ended our Bogum-admiration-session with a round of beer that he had stocked up the day before. So we ended up sitting on the two ends of the couch, each with a can of beer in hand, chatting about the randomest of things in the world. 

 

Baekhyun was slowly showing his nature as an odd mix of best gay friend, best childhood friend, best Black friend and at very peculiar moments of wisdom, a great boyfriend. Since he'd told me about his secrets and background, I thought it was only fair when Baekhyun asked if I was "alright" that I shared some of my story. 

 

"Henry cheated with my best friend. We'd all been inseparable since....well since forever." 

 

Baekhyun did not respond immediately to the confession that I had dropped on him. I took this as a cue to continue, and in the relaxing atmosphere of takeaway food, beer and a fluffy drama, I naturally told him about how Henry and I used to be, starting with our study sessions in college that only turned into mini flirting sessions involving our respective textbooks. There was me doodling on his textbook while he tried changing the keywords on my workbook so that I could be reading nonsense when I revised. 

 

"That sounds like a terrible idea, you'll be scoring really low for all your tests," Baekhyun remarked frankly. I shrugged. On hindsight, maybe that really had been a horrendous idea. I thought it was funny at first. I suppos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter