Phone calls

Happy Together?

As I got out of the taxi I walked towards a payphone dialing the remembered number for Yuri phone.

 

“Hello” I heard somebody answer and smiled lightly knowing it was Yuri.

 

“Ahhh! Your pronunciation is getting better I see.” I told her glad to see that she was almost able to say hello in an English accent. It was to be expected Yuri was great at doing and learning anything.

 

“Minho, why are you calling me?” She asked me in a questioning tone. I would do to if my boyfriend had called me out of nowhere.

 

“Well, I just called to see how your English studies were going and if you were doing well. Why ask?” I said hiding the real reason why I had called her.

 

“Oh, well I’m doing fine.” She answered back not as cheery as she was a few minutes ago. I frowned slightly at her tone but smiled again just happy to hear from her.

 

“Happy Birthday!” I said trying to surprise her. Not hearing anything I smiled knowing that I must have surprised her. My smile widened after a few more minutes after when she replied back with a small thank you.

 

“What if I were to going to Osaka today?”  I told her trying to tell what her reaction would be like. Not hearing an answer I just continued anyway.

 

“I thought about going but, things happened and I had to cancel it… sorry.” I told her feeling bad for lying to her.

 

“Oh, there’s no need to be sorry my birthday isn’t that important anyway.” She told me happily. I leant my back payphone’s wall happy with the sudden voice change.

 

“But still I thought of spending it with you.” I told her in my best fake sad voice.

 

“Yah, it’s okay. Minho I’m right in the middle of showering right now. I’ll call you back okay.” She told me hanging up after we said our goodbyes.

 

“She’s at home now.” I said to myself laughing in happiness and doing a really dork dance.

 

“Just wait Yuri I’ll give you the best b-day party of your life.” I said to myself looking at the ground. Spotting the girl’s backpack I gave it a kick before picking it up.

 

“I guess you’ll just have to suffer with me huh.” I said talking to the backpack before walking away.

 

Krystal POV

“I didn’t forget my bag the taxi took off without me and all of my money is in there.” I told the policeman trying to convince him to believe my story. Right now it was pretty much a useless task.

 

“Do you remember the license plate number?” He said looking at me before writing something down. I looked around trying to remember. “I’m not a genius how am I supposed to remember that.” I muttered to myself getting a little worried.

 

“It’s okay we have your police report anyway can you please show me your passport.” I told him to wait a minute before looking for my passport in my pocket. Taking it out I was about to give it to the police man when I noticed the familiar picture of the man from before. Gasping I looked over it thinking that we must have switched passports after we both crashed into each other.

 

“I’m going crazy.” I muttered to myself looking the passport over in annoyance. The police looked at me in confusion waiting for the passport.

 

“I’m sorry I have to go.” I told the policeman before leaving. ‘Now I have to walk all the way over to Orchards inn.’ I thought looking at the highway sulking.

Donghae POV

“You have to take a break let me fix it.” Eunhyuk told me walking over to the boats engines looking at the work I was doing.

 

“I flew here to see it so just let me take care of it.” I told him continuing my work on the boat. He patted my back and said a thank you before leaving. Just as I was about to restart I was interrupted by my phone ringing. Picking it up I heard uri answer.

 

“Is there anything you need?” I asked her completely forgetting about any special events that were supposed to happening today.

 

“Really Donghae, have you forgotten the date that we had planned for today?” She asked me. I could already tell that she was angry just by her voice.

 

“How can I ever forget about your birthday? I’ll be there in 30 minutes and expect to love your present.” I told her hanging up before looking for a presentable present on the boat. Once finding a compass (it was all I can find) I took one of the bows off the window and stuck it on the compass before leaving.

 

Krystal’s POV

Reaching the hotel I almost fainted in from exhaustion. “Yah, That dirty bastard. When I see you again your dead.” I screamed out loud in frustration causing a passerby to look at me strangely. Not noticing I walked into the hotel not knowing that the stranger was following me. Reaching the elevator I noticed that the not working sign in front of it and I died in exasperation.

 

“What’s this? Oh God, please not now.” I said beating on the elevator door as the strange men continued to look at me.

 

“Please no not now. I can’t live anymore that bastard. Why me.” I said falling to the ground from exhaustion and weeping to mself. The strange man was now looking at me as if I was half crazy.

 

“Are you alright miss?” He asked me in Korean. My head wiped back as I looked at him smiling as I looked up upon my savior.

 

“Can you please bring me up to room 235?” I asked. He bent down and helped me up bringing me to the correct room without questioning. Once reaching it he knocked on the door before putting me down.  A very pretty woman opened the door before looking me up and down.

 

“Who is she?” The woman asked giving me a bizarre look. Once hearing her ask who I was I took out the boy Minho’s passport.

 

“Has this person come by today.” I asked her. She snatched the photo out of my hand looking at the picture.

 

“Why do you have Minho’s passport?” She asked me looking away from it. At hearing her worlds the older man now looked at her with shock and slight hurt in his eyes.

 

“Mine and that person’s passport were switched at the airport today.” I told her my voice going hoarse from exhaustion.

 

“So that means that Minho’s now in Osaka.” She asked me leading me into her house as the other man left down the stairs.

 

“I’m so sorry for bothering you. I’ve been walking non-stop since morning.” I told her lying on the sofa by the window and sighing at the feeling of my body relaxing. She looked at me with coldness in her eyes.

 

“If Minho comes by, exchange the passports by yourself, and leave the key at the caretaker’s office when you leave.” She told me putting things into her purse before walking towards the door.

 

“But if you go your friend will…” I tried to tell her. She just turned around and glared at me.

 

“Get off my back. I don’t know what you’re thinking but look from my point of view your intruding on my privacy. What I do has nothing to do with you.” She told me saying her words firmly. I looked down from her face and at my feet.

 

“But your friend...” I was about to say again but was quickly cut off.

 

“He never told me nothing before and I’ve already planned a date with another friend. Can you just keep your promise I don’t need to report my every movement to you.” She told me looking straight at me. Saying a goodbye she quickly left. As she left I walked towards the balcony watching as she went to the man’s car. I looked at them for a moment before he caught my eye. Seeing this I shut the balcony not noticing the smile he gave me.

 

“Just what sort of friend are you? Just by one look I could tell you were already two-timing that other guy.” I said before lying down in her bed. I needed it more than she ever would. I might die from exhaustion.

 ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you like it. Sorry that I had put so many phone calls in one chapter. Hope you like it.