Hyun

Who's The Baby Daddy?

All of the members start panicking.

“Quick! Hide the baby!” Namjoon says.

“Okay.” Jungkook immediately grabs the basket carrier with the sleeping baby to the nearby pantry.

“Not there!” The other six say just as Jungkook is about to put the baby on the pot shelf.

Taehyung runs toward him and grabs the basket in a huff, feeling very protective. “He’s not a box of ramyeon, Kookie.”

“What should we do then, hyung?” Jungkook pouts.

“You both!” Namjoon point at Taehyung and Jimin. “Go outside and take the baby!” He takes out a wad of a couple thousand won and stuffs it inside the pocket of Jimin’s hoody. “Here. Go to a café or something.”

“But Sejin hyung said yesterday that we’re having a meeting for our upcoming concert.” Jimin whines.

“I’ll think of something. We’ll be in even more trouble if he finds out there’s a baby here. Go, go, go.” Namjoon says.

The baby starts to squirm in the baby carrier and Taehyung immediately rocks the carrier in a soothing manner.

“I agree with Namjoon. I think it’s best to take the baby out. I’ll help figure something out as well.” Yoongi gets up from the piano chair to stand beside Namjoon.

“I’m not very good at lying so I’ll just go along with you guys” Hoseok says.

Jin nods. “Me too. I’ll listen to your plans.”

“I could distract Sejin hyung if you guys want me to.” Jungkook volunteers.

“Okay, then. We’ll be going. Give us update on what’s going on, okay?” Taehyung says as he put on a jacket before leaving.

Jimin throws the empty can of beer he had been drinking earlier to the bin and grabs the duffel bag with the baby’s necessities. “Let’s go, Tae.”

They head out the door. 

“Okay. So where were we. Oh, right. Sejin.” Namjoon says as he sits down on the living room couch with the other four.

***

As they get on the bus, the baby starts crying.

“Shhhh…” Taehyung rocks the baby carrier gently but he starts to cry louder.

“Can you plug him up or something?” Jimin hisses. “The others are looking at us.”

Taehyung glares at him. “You can’t plug up a baby, Jimin!” Taehyung takes the baby out from the carrier and held him in his arms. Immediately the baby stops crying as he nuzzled Taehyung’s chest.

Jimin stares at him in awe. “Are you sure you’re not a baby whisperer?”

“I used to babysit for my aunts and uncles and I have siblings. I love babies.” Taehyung kisses the top of the baby’s head. “Aww… he smells so soft.”

“Don’t get too attached, Tae.” Jimin has been best friends with Taehyung and he knows him so well it’s like he has his own personal encyclopedia about Taehyung in his head. “Remember Chewy?”

Taehyung’s lips starts to tremble when he remembers his pet hamster. “Look. I didn’t know that hamster don’t live for very long. How can you say that? That was mean.” Taehyung snaps.

The baby is startled at Taehyung’s tone of voice and starts to cry again.

“Shhh… Shhhh… I’m sorry, little guy… Jimin, look he’s crying again!” Taehyung rubs the baby’s back to soothe him.

“I’m just saying that you need to remember that this baby is someone else’s child. We already know that he’s not yours. And… most likely he’s not mine either since I probably slept with a man at that time. I’m just saying that you better keep things neutral…” Jimin softens his voice. “I don’t like to see you cry.” He ruffles Taehyung hair. Not to be too biased toward the other members, but Jimin does reserves a very soft spot for Taehyung.

Taehyung grins wide. “Awwww… Are you concerned about me, Chim?”

Jimin punches Taehyung’s shoulder playfully. “You’re a dork.” He pinches Taehyung’s cheek. “Anyway, want to take turns holding him?”

“But you’ve been drinking.” Taehyung holds the baby protectively.

“That was a radler. Two percent does nothing to me.” Jimin scoffs.

Taehyung rolls his eyes. “You’re such a guy. Okay, you can hold him for a bit. Don’t drop him. Or I’ll end you.”

“I won’t. Sheesh.” Jimin holds out him arms awkwardly, showing his lack of experience.

“Jimin, hold your arms wider. You look like you’re about to choke someone.” He holds the baby towards Jimin’s chest.

The baby whines.

“It’s okay. Hyung got you, okay?” Taehyung says.

Jimin holds the baby in his arms awkwardly and the baby continues to whine. “Tae… Help…” Jimin’s body tenses, afraid of dropping him.

“Relax a bit. Just pretend that he’s a teddy bear.” Taehyung coos.

“Yeah… a very alive teddy bear that bleeds when he’s hurt…” Jimin grimaces.

“Try holding him closer to your chest so he doesn’t fall over, Jimin-ah.”

“Tae~” This time it was Jimin who whines. Even though baby is not crying, he is not staying still. “Calm down.” Jimin tries to hold him closer and relaxes his shoulder.

“Oh my gosh, you look so cute holding him.” Taehyung snickers and took out his phone and starts to take pictures.

“Aww… Is he yours?” A gentle voice says.

Taehyung turns around and he sees an elderly woman smiling at them.

“Hello, ma’am.” Taehyung bows at her. “He’s…” He thinks for a moment. “He’s our little cousin. We’re baby-sitting.”

“He is so chubby and adorable.” The elderly woman says.

“He is, isn’t he?” Taehyung says fondly.

The baby is playing with Jimin’s puffy lips, squishing them with his small and chubby hand as he babbles and blows raspberry and spits on Jimin’s hoody. Taehyung laughs when he sees how miserable Jimin looks. “Argh…” Jimin almost curses but he hold back when Taehyung glares at him, pointing at the elderly woman.

“I think he likes you, Chim~” Taehyung giggles.

“He probably thinks my lips are play dough.” Jimin tries to move his face away from the baby’s grabby hands but fails.

“I mean, your face is really soft when you shave, Jimin. Did you know that? It’s so squishy like mochi.” Taehyung coos.

“Oh, shut up, Tae.” Jimin pouts.

The elderly woman laughs, looking at the silly sight. “Give him a soft toy so he wouldn’t grab you too much. Do you have any toys with you?” She says.

“Ah!” Taehyung rummages through the bag and looks for something. “Got it!” He pulls out an elephant plushie and gives it to the baby who immediately takes it with delight.

“See?” The woman says.

“Thank you!” Jimin smiles at her, feeling relieved.

“What’s his name?”

“Um…” Taehyung and Jimin say in unison.

“We call him…” Jimin says slowly and he looks at Taehyung for ideas.

Taehyung darts his eyes outside of the bus to look at neon signs for inspiration. “His nickname is…” He then sees a Hyundai sign. “Hyun. His name is Hyun.” Taehyung says.

“Did you pulled that out of your ?” Jimin hisses in his ear.

Taehyung nudges Jimin’s ribs. “Shut up.” He hisses back , gritting his teeth.

“Hyunnie-ah~” The elderly woman coos.

The baby blinks as he snuggles inside Jimin’s embrace while playing with the soft elephant plushie. He looks confused when she calls him that.

“How old is he? Six months?” The woman says.

“Yes.” Jimin nods, he just agrees because the woman is probably right. After all, mothers would know.

“His curly hair reminds me of my own grandson.” She chuckles. “If he starts to get fussy, remember to check his diaper first and see if he needs to change. If that’s not the case, usually he’s hungry so try to give him a formula. If it’s still not working he’s probably feeling uncomfortable so you need to soothe him...” The woman adds.

“Of course~” Taehyung says enthusiastically.

The bus then stops.

“This is my stop! It’s nice to meet you both!” The woman gets up from her seat and walks out of the bus.

“I swear she must be an angel sent from heaven.” Jimin is in awe, he is clearly impressed. He is now far more relaxed in holding the baby.

“The mom must’ve forgotten to tell us the baby’s name in the letter. I guess we’re stuck with Hyun for now.” Taehyung says. “Your mommy forgot to tell us, didn’t she, Hyunnie-ah?” Taehyung coos as he boops the baby’s nose.

Jimin nods. Then he catches a whiff of something. “You know… when she mentioned diaper… it does explain the face he’s been making for a few minutes now…” He sniffs the air. He turns his head towards Taehyung’s direction, his eyes widens in utter horror.

The baby suddenly laughs whilst farting.

***

“Namjoon-ah! Everyone!” Sejin says as he bursts to the living room suddenly. He’s a cheerful person and he always bring delicious snacks with him. “I have tteokbokki!”

The others jump on their seats on the sofas in the living room.

“Oh? Where’s Jimin and Tae?” Sejin says as he put boxes of snacks on the kitchen counter.

“They--”

“PC-bang.”

“Gallery.”

“Practicing--”

Hoseok, Yoongi, Jungkook, and Seokjin say at the same time but they all glare at one another after. Namjoon immediately comes in to the rescue. “They are practicing together in the studio. They are working on their parts in the new songs after I did some tweaking to the arrangement. And after that they said that they were going to the gallery and the PC bang.”

“Ah… Didn’t they know that we’re having a meeting about the concert?” Sejin’s towering figure is intimidating indeed even though he has a friendly face.

“I was the one who told them to work on their parts for the next song. They are having some troubles with the new arrangements.” Namjoon improvises on the spot. “I guess they will go to the gallery and pc-bang after to relax after. They’ll be here by night they said. You know how those two are. I could just relay the info for the meeting later. After all, I’m in charge of the band.”

The other four let out a sigh of relief.

“Hmmm… I guess that makes sense. I know I can count on you.” Sejin takes a seat on the single chair sofa on the living room, bringing a big box of what is assumed to be a tub of tteokbokki. “I’m just here to tell you guys that we got the venue that we wanted for the next concert in The Hardrock. We’re going to record a live show for a television program there.”

“Seriously? The Hardrock? You got us booked there to film a live show? Sweet!” Jungkook jumps in excitement.

“Yep. Apparently bringing along Yoongi helped the meeting last time, Namjoon-ah. They were clearly impressed with his skills and compositions.” Sejin smiles as he opens one of the plastic tubs to reveal a generous servings of tteokbokki inside.

Yoongi nods coolly as he sipped on a glass of water.

Seokjin gets up from the seat to retrieve forks from the kitchen. He comes back shortly with some forks and paper plates. “Here you go.”

“Thanks, Seokjin-ah. Well, dig in!” Sejin says brightly. “Ah… too bad the two aren’t here. They were the one who wanted this.”

Seokjin, Jungkook, and Yoongi immediately swarm around the tub of tteokbokki.

Heoseok who is sitting next to Namjoon nudges him. “Nice save.”

“We’re good for now, I think. We just need to keep the alcohol away. We don’t want Sejin hyung to spend the night here.” Namjoon says.

“You’re a genius, you know that.” Hoseok is in awe that Namjoon is already planning ahead.

“How do you think the two are doing?”

“With Taehyung there, I think they are just fine, Joon.”

***

Taehyung and Jimin immediately get out of the bus the next stop. They do not want the smell to spread even more.

“Holy ! What has he been eating?” Jimin says as he hold the baby a bit further from his body as they walk on the sidewalk. He makes a gagging sound when he smells the rancid smell again.

They baby, Hyun (for now), is looking smug as he keeps of playing with the elephant plushie, his feet are trashing about excitedly.

Taehyung is carrying the basket and the duffel bag. “Don’t ask me, Jimin. We just got him this afternoon. I don’t know what he had been eating.” Taehyung looks around the area to change the baby’s diaper. He then spots a mall nearby. “I think that mall got a baby changing station. I think we can go there.”

“Let’s just hurry up.”

They immediately run to the mall. The baby giggles continuously because he feels like he is playing airplane.

Jimin and Taehyung are out of breath when they arrive at the mall. The security holds them at the entrance as he scans the carrier and the duffel bag before entering. He looks at Jimin and Taehyung with a puzzled expression on his face as he landed his eyes on the smiling baby.

“We’re baby-sitting.” Jimin quickly says.

“Ah…” The security guard nods as he hands the carrier and the duffel bag back to Taehyung.

“Ahjusshi where is the rest room with the baby changing station?” Taehyung asks.

“Oh. It’s just on the right near the fast food play area for the kids.” The security guard says.

“Thank you!” They both then walk quickly to the direction of the restroom as pointed by the sign. They sigh in relief when they see the changing station. “So… who’s going to change him?” Jimin says as they stare at the door to the baby changing station.

“Ummm… rock, paper, scissors?” Taehyung says.

“I thought you’re the baby expert! You do it!” Jimin says as he hold the baby’s in front of Taehyung’s face.

“Look. I might have taken care of my younger siblings and cousins and play with them a lot. But I leave the changing diapers thing to the parents, okay.” Taehyung says nervously as he looks at the baby who is now blowing raspberry at his face.

“Tae…” Jimin sighs. “Fine.“ He holds Hyun with one of his arms and offers his other hand to do rock, paper, scissors.

“Rock, paper, scissors!” Taehyung says as he throw out paper and Jimin rock. “Yes!”

Jimin groans as he enters the baby changing station.

“Here you go, Chim~” Taehyung hands him the duffel bag. “I’ll wait here.”

“Whatever. Next time, you do it.” Jimin bares his teeth as he closes the door to the changing station. He places Hyun on the table with a mat. Hyun is surprisingly calm as he lays on the mat, the elephant plushie is keeping him calm, apparently. Jimin then takes out his phone and types: “how to change a diaper.”

Several minutes later Jimin walks out of the changing station, he looks like he’s about to throw up. Hyun is already in a fresh diaper, looking happier than ever. He gives Taehyung the duffel bag. “Next time, you do it.”

“You look like you just went into a battle.”

Jimin shudders. “Why am I always getting all the dirty laundry? First our neighbor, the old granny with a y late husband and now this… this poop machine.” he whines as he looks at Hyun.

Hyun giggles as he grabs Jimin’s pouty lips.

Taehyung laughs. “Hey, at least he likes you and he’s not crying. Let’s just grab something to eat. Namjoon-hyung says he’s going to give us updates on Sejin-hyung. We could just eat on the fast food place near here.” Taehyung points.

“I’ll just get Coke for now. I don’t think I’ll be able to eat anything at the moment.”

Taehyung nods and leads him to the nearby fast food restaurant.

Jimin sighs as he follows Taehyung. He looks down at the baby, Jimin is surprised to see the baby looking up at him with his round watery eyes. “What?” Jimin says.

The baby then giggles as he squeezes his cheek and then nuzzles his chest as if showing him that he is content.

At that moment, Jimin feels a tug in his heart and holds the baby closer. “Just don’t get too comfortable with us, okay, Hyunnie-ah?” Jimin whispers as he the baby’s hair.