Chapter 5-Questionable Looks

Worldwide Love

As I walk out my apartment building the cold air hits me and my wet hair does not make the situation any better. I walk over to the car and get in. “ someone looks happy this morning” manager unni says as I put on my seatbelt. I’m just too tired to answer her. I turn on the radio and snuggle into my coat hoping to fall back asleep.

As we walk onto set I greet the staff. “ why am I the only one that looks half dead?” I ask and everyone laughs. I greet the photographer and make my way to my dressing room. As my makeup is being done I munch on some bread. “ yah don’t you have to show your stomach later?” manager unni asks walking in. I nod. “ don’t worry unni I just won’t breath and we have this new thing called photoshop” I say causing the makeup artist to laugh. After my makeup is done I leave to get changed into my puma attire.

“ how is it” I ask as I walk out. “ ah thank god you pot belly is hiding” unni says clapping. “ ahh chincha unni” I say walking over to her and pushing her. I walked out of the room to a noise filled set. As I get closer BTS sunbaenims comes into view. Seokjin sunbae and I make eye contact and I bow. He waves to me causing the other boys to look in my direction. I bow to them as I make my way onto set. “ ah I forgot we had a shoot together today” Seokjin sunbae says as I stand besides him. I nod. “ I forgot there was even a shoot and I had ramen last night” I say pouting and he laughs. As we both come up from our laughter we notice eyes on us. The photographer moves me to the middle besides Namjoon and Jungkook sunbaes, then we begin doing our group shots. I just feel more sleepy the more photos are taken. We soon move on to individual shots and pairing shots. I walk back to sit down as the others due their pictures.

“ Aeri sshi” the photographer calls. I get up and walk onto set again. I sit and wait for my partner. Seokjin sunbae approaches me and sits beside on the table placed on set. “ you look tired” he says looking at me. His eyes looking at me so intently makes me feel a bit nervous. “ I am even though I tried to sleep I couldn’t” I say remembering. He eyes then filled with a bit of worry. “ hang it there the shoot will be done in a bit... fighting” he says and we fist bump causing me to smile. As I ease up a bit we begin shooting our second take.

I walk into my dressing room to feel a pair of hawk eyes on me. “ can I help you unni?” I say as I walk past my staring manager. “ you know Bts Jin?” She asks following me. I nod. “ since when/” she asks raising an eyebrow. “ since the day you met him when I was hanging with Jaehwan oppa” I say changing my clothes. “ ah chincha?” she asks turning around. “ Nae” I say as I put on my next outfit. “ so I found your interaction questionable for no reason” she mostly says to herself as she face palms. I roll my eyes and walk past her to get back on set.

----Seokjin-----

She comes out last again. I could see her trying really hard to hide her tiredness but her eyes just seem to close the closer she gets to us. She’s doing a pretty good job. We finish up group shots and due the pairings again. I look at the other members as I wait to shoot. “ Namjoon and Jin” the photographer calls. A sense of sadness goes over me as I realize I’m not going to be with Aeri this time. I join Namjoon and we take our pictures. As we finish Aeri and Jungkook walk onto set. The sense of being jealous towards my dongsaeng and band mate was kind of getting to me.  To calm my nerves I just leave to get changed in the dressing room. “ Hyung are you close with Aeri sshi?” Namjoon asks as I walk out. “ hm.....a little” I say answering his off guard question. “ chincha how?” he asks walking closer to me. I sigh at Namjoon’s questioning. “ she is also a friend of my friend Ken of vixx” I say giving him a small smile. “ ahh” was all he can say as we make our way to shoot again. I feel someone bump into me as I walk to the other members. “Mianhae oppa” Aeri says giggling. I smile at her calling me oppa and nod. As we approach my members I see their questioning stares. As Aeri goes to the middle their eyes still stay on me. We being to shoot and I try my best to ignore them.

“Good work today” we all say as the staff begins to pack up. Aeri bows goodbye to us and leaves for her dressing room. I enter our dressing room last and get changed back into my regular clothes. The boys were extra silent as we begin to leave. I could feel their eyes on me and it was bothering my nerves that they weren’t saying anything. I got in the van last with Namjoon and Yoongi and closed the door. They both look at me and then go back to their phones. I roll my eyes and our manager pulls off.

“So Aeri sshi” Yoongi says from the back. I turn to him with an eyebrow raised. “What about her?” I ask confused. “Come on hyung you know what we’re talking about?” Namjoon says shoving me. am I missing somehting? “Ani I have no clue” I say holding my arm. They look at each other and then back at me. I sit there still confused. “ we’ll just call it questionable friendliness Namjoon ah” Yoongi says and goes back to his phone. Namjoon sighs and does the same. Still sitting here confused. Is there something I should know about?

------Aeri-----

“Pocky Pocky” I hum as I walk around the mart looking for the snack section. I haven't eaten all day becuse of the shoot so food is a need right now. It’s kind of sad I have to due my grocery shopping this late. I adjust my mask as the heat of my breath was starting to make me feel stuffy.

“Ahh found it” I say as I walk into the snack aisle. I pick up some gummy worms and chips as I make my way down the aisle. “Aeri ah where are you?” I hear my manager call. “Pocky” I yell back I could hear her sigh and I laugh. As i get to the pocky’s I pout. “ what’s wrong?” unni asks walking up to me. “ there’s no more chocolate flavor” I say sighing. I can feel legit tears trying to escape my eyes. I put my gummy worms and chips into the cart and we start to make our way for the register. As unni is putting everything up I realize we forgot the eggs. I tell her and make my way to the refrigerator section. I take off my mask as I run. The heat is just irritating me. “ Ah” I say as the cold air of the fridge hits me. As i reach for the last carton of eggs another hand lands on mine. “Ah mianhae” a male voice says. I turn around to find Jaewon looking back at me.

He lifts his head making his eyes more visible. We both stand there in silence. In this moment I don’t know what to feel happiness or anger at the fact that I can see him like this again. “Aeri ah ppali” I hear my manager yell. I take the egg and start to walk away. I feel his hand pull me to a stop. “Mianhae Aeri ah” he says. I feel my chest clench up. I look down at the floor not wanting to turn back to face him or to reply. “ nae” was all that could escape my mouth as I walk away.

****Flashback****

Samuel walked into the practice with his head down. Even with the mask covering half his face I could tell something was wrong. “ Sammie what’s wrong?” I asked as I walked towards him. “Hyung left” he said not looking up. I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?” I asked him lifting his head. I could see the tears in his eyes. I stooped down to his level so we could be face to face. “ Jaewon hyung he left....he left 1PUNCH and the company” he said tears falling down. “ noona what's going to happen to me am I going to be able to sing again?” I pulled him into a hug. I didn’t know how to reply.

“Is he really gone oppa?” I asked as I walked into Dongchul’s office. He looked up at me and nodded. I sighed and fell down onto the couch. “Mianhae Aeri ah I know you two were dating......didn’t he tell you?” he asked getting up and walking over to me. I shook my head. “ mianhae” he said. Even with all the strength I thought I had I was still sitting there silently crying into his shoulders.

*****End******

Few days Later

-----Seokjin----

“Hyung how about this game” Jungkook says as he pulls me to another section of the game room. I smile at his game choice and decide to go along with it. We both sit down and start to play the game. “Come one unni it’s really fun” I hear a familiar voice say. I slowly look up from the game to see Aeri pulling her manager towards the PC. Even with no makeup, yeppo. It's been a few days since we’ve seen her after the photoshoot. “Unni juseyo juseyo” She says doing aegyo. “Chincha kiyowo” Jungkook says from besides me. I turn to him and he is trying to hold back his laugh. ‘ fine” she says fake crying and walks over to where Jungkook and I am. She passes us and walk over to a boy sitting by himself . “ would you like to play with me ?” she asks the boy smiling. The boy blushes and looking a bit shy nods. “ chincha kamsahamnida” she says sitting besides him. “ hyung the game” Jungkook says hitting my shoulder. I take one last glance at her and go back to my game.

 

“How about this hyung?” Jungkook says pointing to the chips. I just nod. We make our way to the register to pay for our things. “Jin oppa?” I hear my name and turn. As soon as I see her sparkling crescent eyes I smile. As she notices Jungkook she bows and he does the same. “ Aeri ah annyeong” I say walking over to her. “ Getting snacks oppa?” She says looking down at my hands. I facepalm as she laughs. “ don’t feel embarrassed I came for the same thing” she says turning and pointing to a table in the corner with a drink and some snacks. “ I was so happy to know this PC room had small cafe” she says laughing. “ i told you hyung” Jungkook says beside me. She turns to him laughing. “ he wouldn’t believe me” Jungkook says sighing.  She looks at me and raises an eyebrow. “ I have no excuse for that” I says sighing. We all laugh. “Would you guys like to join me?” she asks smiling. I look and Jungkook and he nods. “Nae that would be nice” I say smiling. Jungkook and I go back to the register and pay for our stuff. “ hyung “ Jungkook says as we walk over to the table. I turn to him “hmm?” i answer. He looks at Aeri and then at me. “ nothing” he says with a small smirk. Boya. We both sit down at the table and we all start a small conversation and enjoy our snacks.

Her small gestures as she talks and her laugh make me feel so at ease. She acts so cute without even realising it. The fact that she can make Jungkook laugh so hard could just be a bonus. “ ah hyung not another old man joke” Jungkook says pushing me. I look at Aeri holding her stomach laughing. “Noona how can you laugh at that?” Jungkook says pouting and rolling his eyes. “ I find his confidence cute” She says trying to regulate her breathing. I smile and her response and Jungkook sighs.

----

“Bye bye it was fun” Aeri says as she stops and waves us goodbye. I feel a bit sad as I see her slowly disappear in the distance. “Hyung Kaja” Jungkook calls. I sigh and follow him.