Chapter 3-Small World-

Worldwide Love

“Ah noona our seats are over there” Samuel says smiling. He takes my hand and pulls me to the stage. We walk up to our seats. I look around at the lighting of stage. “ I wonder how it's going to go” He says, still with a bit of energy. I smile. Brave girls sunbaenim join us. As the other idols start to fill in the seats on stage I just look around and scope out my surroundings. I get lost in the background music and fall into a daze. I feel someone approaching me. I turn to see Ikon B.I sunbaenim and Jaewon or One sunbaenim. I get up and bow. They both do the same and we sit down. I could feel Jaewon’s eyes on the side of my face but I ignore it. “Noona gwenchanayo?” Samuel asks with a bit of sad eyes. “ nae” I say slightly pushing him. We both smile and look forward.

As we start recording B.I and Jaewon switch seats. I ignore it and simply try my best to act professional. When the MC calls Brave entertainment Brave girls sunbaenim, Samuel, and I stand up with our Ceo on the other side.

As the recording begins I smile and enjoy the performances from idols from the other entertaiment companies.

“ Aeri sshi” the MC calls my name. ”Nae?” I answer a bit nervous. “ you seem to enjoy monsta x's performance a bit too much” he says joking. I cover my face. “  I am a fan” I say cutely. “ ah chincha?” he asks smirking and I nod. “Who’s your..... ahh what is it bias?” he asks looking up at me. “ ahh this is hard” I say whining and everyone laughs. “ It would be I.M sshi” I.M smiles into the camera making everyone laugh. We did a few more interviews and Samuel and I leave our seats to do our performance.

I stand on stage under the dim lights. My nervousness seem to die down as I see Samuel smiling at me telling me everything is going to be okay. Even though it's been a year now being on stage still doesn't feel to safe. I try my best to calm down my heart rate. The beginning of the song starts and I feel like a switch in me turns on and I forget all my worries.

 

“Well be taking a break now” the PD calls as we all get ready to take a break from shooting. The staff started to hand out lunch boxes for everyone. “ I would like to thank Kang Dong chul sshi for providing the food” The PD says. Samuel and I look at eachother and laugh. I fight the urge to roll my eyes. “Ah chincha he’s trying to show off” one of the members of Brave girls say and I nod. I realize I have to use the restroom and get up to leave. I walk from Ikon and One’s side since they were not currently in their seats. As I make my way down the stairs One starts walking up. We make eye contact and I bow. I past the cameras and make my way to the bathroom.

 

“Ah Aeri” I hear Dongchul oppa as I walk out the bathroom. I turn to my left to see him talking with his manager. I walk to him. “Hmm?” I say making weird faces. “ yah chincha you’re an artist” He says giving me a disapproving look. “Yeah artist not model” I say raising my eyebrows and his manager laughs. “Anyway good job the choreography looked good” he says putting a hand on my shoulder. “ ahh kamsahamnida oppa chincha i thought you wouldn’t like it and I was going cry because i know you already saw it and told me it was good and” “yah hajima” he says annoyed. I start laugh with his manager. “ I seriously don’t know what to do with you” he says sighing. “ she is something” someone says. We all turn to see Yang Hyunsuk coming our way smiling. My happy mood seems to fade and Dongchul can tell. He pulls me behind him and his manager. i could sort of feel my anxiety kicking in. “We’re starting” I hear the PD call and I start to make my way back to the stage. Dongchul doesn’t mind and goes to keep his attention. “Gwenchana noona?” Samuel asks as I sit next to him. “Nae” I say forcing a smile. He doesn’t seem to believe me but we both put on a happy front for the shoot and continue.

“Good work today” we all say as we get up and clap. Samuel keeps purposely bumping into to me. I sigh and roll my eyes. We all start to make our way of the stage to leave. “Noona want to come over for dinner” Samuel asks looking excited. “ chincha is omma cooking?” I ask feeling the drool build up in my mouth. He nods. “Adaso” I says as the memory of his mother’s cooking comes to mind. When I trained Samuel when he was younger his mother would always invite me over to the point where I started calling her omma. I smile at the memory.

-------

 

----Seokjin-----

“Come on Jin it’ll be fun and I barely see you” Jaehwan says on the other side of the phone. I sigh knowing he’s telling the truth. “And when will there be another day we both have the same day off” he says. I sigh and get up from my bed. “ where are we going?” I ask as I walk over to my closet. “ well I was going to eat out with a few member from my play but everyone had last minute things to do except Aeri so I promised her we’ll still go out to eat” He says his voice sounding a bit far away. “Aeri?” I ask at the familiar name. “ nae the singer Lee Aeri we were in the same play” he says explaining. “Ah” is all I can say right now. I get a simple outfit and change.

The dorm is silent as I walk out of my room. The rest of the members had things they wanted to due today leaving me home alone. I was planning on resting for the day. I sigh and close the door behind me and make my way to the elevator.

 

“Over here” I look up to see Jaehwan on the bench waving at me. The night is a bit cold causing me to cling to my coat. “ Ah jinie you made it” He says happily and gets up pulling me into a hug. I hug him back. “ now we’re just waiting on Aeri” he says as we both take a seat on the bench. The park in front of us is filled with only a few people. We both seat there and catch up on each other's lives something we haven’t been able to do in a while, at least in person. “Oppa?’ I hear a familiar voice call. Jaehwan and I both turn around. Aeri was smiling brightly as she walks over to us. Her hairs is filled with curls as it blows back. “ Aeri ahh” Jaehwan calls out to her and her smile seems to brighten. “ oppa yah” she says as the pull into a hug. I stand there smiling at their friendship feeling a bit.. jealous? “Ah aeri this is Kim Seokjin my friend” he says turning to me. Her eyes widen and turn into the crescent shape again. “ annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim” she says greeting me. “ it’s nice to see you again” I say taking her hand and shaking it. “Ahh you guys have met?” Jaehwan says looking between us. We both nod. “Ah the Idol world is so small” he says sighing. Aeri chuckles. “Shall we go eat?” she asks. Jaehwan and I nod and she leads the way to the restaurant.

 

“You seriously don’t know Jin, the group Mos’ wanted that debuted in 2011” Jaehwans asks. I shake my head no. “yah you seriously lived under a rock their debut was the biggest of that year” he says stuffing his face. Aeri just sits there and laughs. “Are you used to his random outburst of energy?” I ask. “Nae” she says laughing “he was the same way during rehearsals I so iused to it by now”

After we all enjoy a good meal, we start to make our way around the streets. “Ah yeppo” Aeri says as she looks at the jewelry in the store. “Can we go in?” she asks looking a me and Jaehwan. We both somehow nod simultaneously and step inside. As Aeri looks at the jewelry jaehwan runs off to the clothes. “ otake how about this one Oppa?” Aeri turns around. She shys away when she sees that Jaehwan is gone. “ it looks good on you” I say smiling. “Chincha? kamsahibnida” she says shyly and then looks in the small mirror. I stay by her side and help her pick out things as Jaehwan is lost somewhere in the store. “ i think I’m good we can go pay now” she says looking at me smiling. I nod and we make our way over to the cashier. As the cashier finishes scanning things I hand him my card. Aeri turns to me with wide eyes. “Ani gwenchana sunbaenim” she says waving her hand. “ gwenchana I want to” I say telling the cashier to scan. An expression of worry crosses her face. “Chincha it’s okay” I say holding back a laugh. I take my card from the cashier and hand her her bag. “ you didn’t have to do that sunbaenim” She says as we walk to the door. “ gwenchana” I say chuckling. “But?” she says pouting. I smile at her cute expression. We step outside to see Jaehwan talking to Aeri’s manager. “Unnie when did you get here?” Aeri asks walking over to them. “Like 45 minutes ago” she answers as I move closer to them. “ ah I'm sorry ” she says giggling. “Gwenchana I know how lost you get in shopping especially for jewelry” Aeri smiles bright and clings to her, hugging her. “Jaehwan ah when did you leave?” I ask moving closer ot him and bowing to her manager. “Ah when you guys went to the cash register” he says turning to me. Aeri and I look at each other and laugh. “Okay kaja you have a lot tomorrow” he manger says walking to the driver side of the car. Aeri nods and goes for the front seat. “ annyeong hopefully we can do this again” she says smiling to me and Jaehwan. We both nod. She gets into the car and waves us goodbye as the car pulls off. “ do you need a ride home?” Jaehwan asks turning to me. “Ani” I say as we walk down the street. We both say goodbye at a corner and head for our cars.

I get in the car placing my bag on the passenger seat. My phone vibrates and I open the message form Jaehwan. Here’s her number I sent yours to her too you guys can be friends now:) small world right. I roll my eyes at his emoji. I startup my car and pull out of the parking lot to head home and rest.