Keep staring at me

A tattoo of three small stars

YONG’s POV

 

I couldn’t say a word, I was still stunned by her sudden appearance. Why is she here? Did she follow me? My eyes met hers but she didn't look away, she just lean back and kept staring at me, then she smile. I blushed and averted my eyes away. I look away trying to find a word to say. I fail miserably, I blank out and it’s not helping when I turn around and our eyes meet again. She began to speak and I was lost in her eyes, then I watch as her lips start to move. I kept staring at those lips. That’s weird, what is she saying? Why can’t I hear anything? Suddenly I couldn’t even hear the loud sound of the music. All that I could hear is the sound of my own heartbeat. Then my eyes find her eyes again, her eyes commanded all of my attention.  I could feel my body heat rising, burning with emotions that I don’t understand. These feeling were off limits, I told myself but I couldn’t help it. With her eyes that captivating me, a lot of thoughts were going through my mind that shouldn’t be. I couldn’t look away from her frantic eyes and her thin lips, worrying about me made her look extremely y.

I woke up from a feeling that someone was shaking my shoulder and calling my name. “Yongsun-unnie, are you okay?”

I was a stuttering mess trying to regain my composure. I told her that I was fine, I can see all the worries in her eyes starting to disappear. Ok, where’s a hole? I need to bury myself right now. I felt so embarrassed. What happened to me just now? Did I just thought that she’s y? That’s just weird, weird, so freaking weird.

I open my mouth to say something but before I could, a song start playing. That song. The first song that ever listen to I fell in love. The song that I would listen to when I got my heartbroken. The song that I would listen to when I was full of emotion. “I love this song” I said.

She look at me “Really? Why?” she asked.

“I don’t, its feels like the song was talking about me” I explained as I nods my head listening to the song “I wish I could meet this song writer and thanks her for writing this song” I added.

She lean forward, place her left elbow on the table, and put her left hand on her chin. She smiled at me “Her? What’s makes you think the song writer is a girl?” she asked.

Oh right, I’ve heard about this mysterious song writer. Seemingly the song writer only known by the name Moonstar. No gender, no race, no age distinction. No one knows anything but somehow I’m sure that the song writer is a girl. Sure most of the song from the writer are catchy and fun to listen to, but if you’re listen to the lyrics carefully, it’s a really deep meaning to it. The song understand what’s it’s like to be a girl or a woman that in love. The perfect example was this song, Emotion. It’s talk about how love can turn every girl’s emotion upside down.

“I just know. I’m just so good at finding out things” I shrugged.

She laugh. I frowned. What’s so funny? Did she just makes fun of me? I crossed my arms and pout. Jerk. I thought to myself. She must have notice that I was not amused by her act so she immediately stop. She nervously bits her lips. Stop don’t bites the lips, don’t. I screamed in my head. Then she smiles at me innocently. Oh my god, that’s is the cutest smiles I’ve ever seen in my whole god damn life. It’s remind me of a hamster. At last she muttered the word “sorry”. Aww, my heart just melt. There’s no way I would stay mad at her.

Then she said something that I would have ever thought I could hear “Actually I know her” she said.

“Really?” I squealed as jumped off my chair sent her reeling back into the chair, earning some stares from others that close by. I gasped and quickly cover my mouth before I bow to everyone around and slowly sit down on the chair lowering my head and try to cover my face with my left hand. I try to look up at her, bad decision, she was covering with her right hand. I know she’s laughing. Again I just embarrassed myself in front of her. What’s wrong with you Kim Yongsun?

“Look, I really want to be spend more time with you unnie, but I can’t cuz’ I have something else to do” before I could say anything she got up from her seat, she bowed her head a bit then turn around. No, is she leaving already? It’s only nine and tomorrow class only start at ten. Did she find me boring?

I watched her back as she walk away, after three steps she stopped then around and look at me. I looked up at her wondering why she turned around. She chuckled. Slowly she walk back at me and bend down, both of her hands on my chair’s arm. She looks into my eyes as I look into hers. Then she lean forward, her face were slowly getting closer to mine our as our eyes maintain on each other. As she lean closer I lean backward until my back hits the chair. Got no more room to move, her face are so close to mine that I could feel her hot breath on my skin. I could smell her sweet perfume, which just as a as she was. I take a deep breath. Our lips are almost touching, I gulped and parts my lips ready for impact when suddenly she broke her eye contact and vanish from my vision. Now I could feel her hot breath in my ear “I think you looks hot tonight, unnie” she seductively whispered. I think I just stopped breathing.

She got up and leave.

         

--------------------//---------------------------

 

BYUL’s POV

 

I’m at my secret hideout. I was spinning around on my chair trying to put my brain to works. I need some good idea to make a very good song right now. When suddenly my phone start ringing. I stopped spinning. I look at the caller ID. Should I pick up or not? I look at my table that full of scribbled papers. Oh looks, there’s a coin. I took the coin and flip it on air before I caught it. If it’s head, I’ll answer the phone.

“Where the are you?” Sandeul yelled so hard that I have to put away my phone from my ear.

I knew he was going to be mad at me. Well I left him at the party without saying anything. I was totally forgot about his existing for a moment for my soul and my body had been captivated by the chubby cheeks girl. She’s so cute but tonight she was different. The blue dress that she was wearing, revealed her fine collar-bones and strong shoulders. Her neck was long and graceful, her jaw defined, her lips. But what held her was her brown eyes. They never left her face, even as she studied her from head to toe. Man, I sound like a ert. Anyway I’ve told him I've promised we are having kimchi pancake, his favourite, just to make up for it. Guess what, its works.

I hang up. I lean back as I was thinking about her, back then when she said that she love my song I nearly jump off my chair and jumping with joy. I was even happier when she told me that she want to meets, Moonstar a.k.a me. I was so close on telling her that Moonstar was me. Good things I didn’t cuz’ she’d probably thinks I’m trying to makes fun of her. That won’t be good, right? But still seeing her reaction when I told her I know Moonstar was priceless. And her face when I whispered those words into her ears. Her face turned completely red from blushing so hard. Kim Yongsun is so fun to tease.

I claps my hands once before I turn and back to work.

 

--------------------//---------------------------

 

Today I was the first to arrive at the class. I walked up to the row where the chubby cheeks girl sat yesterday. I sat at the end of the row. Today no more black leather jacket. I put on a turtleneck black knit sweater with white slim ripped jeans and white sneakers. I lean back and I put on my earphones and turn on the music and close my eyes. I waited. One by one of the student walk in. I could hear they were talking and giggling and some other noise like when they put their things on the table, the sounds of their steps and some student coughing. Then finally the sound that I want to hear. She’s here. Her laughter, her dolphin-like laughter are so amusing. Still have my eyes close I find myself smiling. I was listening to Beautiful by Crush which we have work hard together to create this masterpiece, of course with the help of Sandeul as the delivery boy. A perfect song for a beautiful girl.

Open my eyes when I couldn’t hear her laughing voice again. Our eyes meet, she nervously look away. I folded my arms on the table and laid my head down, facing her. That whole day during the class my eyes never left her.

 

YONG’s POV

 

I can feel her stares from my seat. She’s been staring at me from the moment our eyes meet, making me nervous. I tried to distract myself by focusing on the lecturing but it’s not working when my eyes keep stealing glance at her. Each time I did, our eyes meet. I kept fidgeting in my seat like a child I felt so uncomfortable, my hands are sweating, my heart beating so hard it's going to jump out of my chest and I could fell the heat all over my body. Please stop staring at me Moonbyul. You are making me crazy.  

Last night after the party I practically run off home right after the incident with her. What the hell I was thinking? Did I was expecting a kiss from her? And I was disappoint when she didn’t kiss me? But then she had to whisper like that into my ears. As soon as I got home I head straight to my room and locked the door behind me. Lean back against the door and let myself slowly slide down until I'm sitting on the floor.

I brought my hand up to my chest, I felt the frantic thud beneath my fingers. Is this what I think it is? My heart beats for me. That could only mean one thing, I fall for her. This can’t I never knew that I could fall for a girl. That night I found myself so hard to sleep. I kept thinking about her. When morning come, I was considering whether or not I come to the class. I want to see her and I don’t want to see her at the same time. At the end, my desire to see her had won me over and here I am.

At last the class end, I can’t wait to get out from this room. I need some fresh air. Quickly I stuffed all my things into my bag, slide it onto my shoulder and I got up from the chair to leave. Just as when I turn, there she was. I gasped. She was standing right in front of me with both of her hands in her jeans pocket, looking cool. Today she looks so amazing.

“Unnie, want to have lunch with me?” she spoke in a low husky tone.