See you again

A tattoo of three small stars

BYUL’s POV

 

“Where are you?”

“In my office. Why?”

I hang up. I just got back from my own studio, an apartment with two rooms that I bought with the money I’ve earned from the composing. I bought it last year and I’ve renovated it to a music studio with complete sound proof. Only I know this place. It’s like my secret hideout. It was a few blocks away from the University. I decided to drop by after lunch since I don’t feel like attending the boring classes, plus I suddenly got an idea for the upcoming comeback for BTS. That’s right you heard me, my next project is a dam full album for the world’s heartthrob, BTS.

I decide to make up with my brother for making him worried last night so drop by with his favourite black coffee and mocha muffin. See, I wasn’t that bad. I can be considered a good little sis. I knew people around me calls me names like ill-mannered, curt, tactless blah blah blah. I knew, but I don’t care. Why would I waste my time with worrying what these losers thought of me? I just passed by the receptionist counter. There were two nurses at the counter, they quickly got up from their chair and bow their head low and greet me. They have to do it, because I’m their boss’s daughter. I just nods my head. Why bother greeting them back politely? Because I knew they going to talk bad behind my back. I purposely walks slowly and I was right they were whispering to each other. I can clearly hear you, bastard!

Unlike my brother, he’s love by people around him. My parent, even my little sis closer to him than me, his teacher, his friends and all the staff in the hospital, right and his wife of course. If he’s not a human being he probably mistaken as an angel. Charming, understanding, pleasant and more, in other word; boring. I can’t imagine being him. Must be really tiring being the nice guy.  

I grab the door’s handle and turn it open to see and empty room. What the ? Where is h…? I face palm myself. I forgot, his at the Dean’s office. He’s the hospital’s Dean now. You are stupid, Byul. I scolded myself. Ugh, I don’t want to go to dad’s office, it’s remind how’s that room always kept him away from us, his family. He’d spend more than half of his days in there. It’s like it was his home and his real home was his second. Now my brother’s going to lock himself in that room just like him. It’s a cage, where it’s keep you lock from the inside, from the people you love. Love, does he really love us? Does my dad really love me? 

I sighed. I look down at the cups of coffee in my hand. I even bought one for myself as I was planning to spend a little time with him while sipping on a cup of coffee, eating muffin. Maybe I should just passed these to the nurse at the counter and ask them to pass it to him. As I lazily walk away from the empty room, I heard laughing noises from the room of a team’s leader next door. Someone else in her office? Her door was slightly open so I peek my head through the door and say "hello there pretty team leader" in a raised voice.  

They stop laughing. The team leader look over, “Oh, Byul-ah. You’re here?” she said. While her visitor remain silent on her seat before she turn around to look at me.

I stunned. Ah, now I remember where I saw that chubby cheeks girl from. She’s Yonghee unnie’s little sis. She showed me her little sis picture when she asked for my opinion on getting her a birthday gift a few weeks ago. We started getting close recently, after my brother introduced her to me when I dropped by his office, she just got promoted as the team leader that day. Since then I would come by to meet her when I was bored or when my brother too busy to accompany me.

What a small world. I can’t believe Yonghee unnie’s little sis and me are classmate. This is fun. Let’s pretend that I don’t know her. I thought to myself. I’ve put the cups of coffee and the box of muffin down on her table and slumped into the chair across from her “That’s for you unnie” I said.

“For me? And muffin too? There’s two cup” she chirped cheerfully and start opening the box of muffin. I chuckled. Sorry bro, maybe next time. I thought to myself.

“Yes for you and me, I was planning to have a coffee with you but it seem like you already have a company. Who is this?” I asked. I can see the frowned on her face. I tried hard to make a poker face. Don’t laugh, Byul. Don’t laugh. I told myself.

“Byul-ah, this is my little baby, Yongsun”

“Unnie…I’m not little anymore, I’m already 27.” she whined.

“Shush, you’re still my little baby” she playfully pinched her chubby cheeks.

I smiled as I watched their cute interaction. I envy them, I wish I was that close with my little sis. We are far from close. She hates me, she thinks I bring shame to our family especially when I turn down the offer from Stanford University. We use to talks and studies together but ever since that day she’s been avoided me sometimes she even ignore me and pretending I wasn’t there. I’m used to being ignore so I just play along and eventually we’ve completely stop interacting.

“Are you here to see your oppa?” my thought was suddenly brought back to reality.

“Nah, I’ve come to see your pretty face, unnie” I grinned.

“Yah, Byul. Stop being greasy will you.” She tried to hit me but I got up immediately and dodge.

“I better get going unnie, continue on whatever you were talking about earlier with you little baby” I giggled as I head to the door. But before I got out from the room I turn around “See you again, Yongsun unnie” I winked. The door swing closed.

 

YONG’s POV

What’s with the wink? Oh my god. Once again she makes me blush. What’s wrong with me? Why does her present always make me nervous? And she’s a flirt. Did you see how she flirt with my sis just now? I didn’t know she’s close with my sis. Somehow it makes me jealous. Just like that time at the Cafeteria earlier, when she was happily talking with some guy next to our table. I can’t stop myself glancing at them whenever I heard her laughing. What are they talking about that’s so funny? Luckily Irene decided to leave the table because I couldn’t control myself anymore. The rest of my day afterward seem when she never return back to class. Irene seem to notice that I was sulking the whole time but I just tell her a white lie.

I can’t tell her that I’m upset because of someone that I just meet today for no reason can’t I? I don’t get it myself. My am I so angry when I see her with that guy earlier? Why am I so sad that she didn’t come back to the class? Another things is, why did she act like she doesn’t know me? She act like we just meet. I’m pretty sure she know me. That’s right am not hard to recognise. Right? Ugh, anyway I just found out that she’s a flirt and a tease.

“Yong?” my thought was interrupted.

“Huh?”

“Are you okay? You seem like in a deep thought. I can sense it from when you showed up earlier. Did something happened at the class?” she asked.

That’s right. Something did bothers me and that’s why I’m here. I’m always looking for my sis at a time like this. Being with her always makes me calm and happy and forget about anything else. But somehow the thing that been bothering me, follows me here. Should I tell her what’s been bothering me? Should I tell her that the person that been bothering me is Byul? Wouldn’t she find me weird?

“You know unnie…that muffin looks really yummy” I grabbed the muffin and stuffed into my mouth. I decide not yet, I’ll figure it myself.

 

--------------------//---------------------------

 

I was left by myself when suddenly my sis got an emergency calls from her unit. She rushed out immediately right after reminding me to go home safely. I watched her back as she dashed off to the emergency room. I was proud of her, she’s like a superhero that’s safes life. She’s one of the best out there. She would be so happy when the operation was a success and will broke down in tears when she failed. I can’t wait to be like her. I want to safe life too.

As I reached home, I got into the shower. After I refresh myself I decide to make something for dinner when suddenly my phone start ringing.

“Yongsun, where are you?” It’s Irene.

“Home, why?” I asked.

“Get ready, we are going to party. The rest are going to. I will pick you up, send me your address” then she hang up without waiting for me reply.

 

--------------------//---------------------------

 

So here I am at a place crowded with people. I decide to wear a blue high low hem off shoulder dress matching with a blue necklace choker. It was some senior at the University birthday party which is pretty close to Minho. The party was held at his three storey bungalow by his swimming pool. Minho and Nana disappeared into the crowd as soon as we got there. While Chorong can’t join us, she got a date. So I was left with Irene and Dongwoon.

Everyone seemed to be very happy and respectful of each other at the party. Some people were dancing to the music played by the DJ; others were just sitting by the pool and talking while some people were walking from group to group of people to greet their friends. Irene nudge me signalling me to follow her to the dancing floor. I immediately reject her. I was never a good dancer and there is no way I’m going to fool myself in front of these strangers.

I should had known by now that this new friend of mine, Irene never takes no as an answer. So I was drags like a log into the middle of the dance floor. By the time we got there, the song change. This song is so simple, catchy, and almost meaningless. It fits perfectly the definition of a pop music song! Now I will have this song in my head for the rest of the night. I can’t help myself but to move my body along with the fun beat.

“What is this song call?” I asked Irene.

“What?” the music was too loud so she can’t hear me.

“What is this song call?” I asked her again but louder.

“Oh, I’m the best by 2ne1” she answered.

After a few more songs we finally settle down by the table where Dongwoon is, he was busy playing game on his phone. Did he just stayed there all along? Why did he even bother to come in the first place if he was going to sit there and play game? Irene got up and excused herself to the bathroom. So I was left alone with Dongwoon. I tried to start a conversation with him but every single time I asked, he answered me with a simple yes or no and a hum without averting his eyes from the phone. Then suddenly his phone start ringing and he got off to answer the call. Great, I was left alone.

 

--------------------//---------------------------

 

BYUL’s POV

 

“Black jacket again?” Sanduel mocked.

“Shut up! Do not make fun of my style. I got dozens of these with different design. Plus its Chanel” I said as I brush invisible dust off my shoulders. I shoved him away so I can make through to the open door. I walked in and I was greeted by the owner of this huge house.

“Hey, Byul. Glad you could come to my birthday party” he outstretch a right hand for a handshake, slight pull towards each-other, with the left hand reaching over onto the back of the shoulder for a double light pat on the upper back type scenario and then he turn to high five Sandeul. He told us to makes ourselves at home and blah blah blah, which what an owner of the party usually said to their guest before he completely out of our sight.

We got inside just in times when the DJ played my song. I smiled as I watched people was happily dancing to my song. That’s right. That’s the reason why I love to make music so much. Seeing these people enjoying my work is a blessed. Suddenly a certain someone just caught my attention. Well, would you look at that? It’s the chubby cheeks girl. What is she doing? Is she dancing? Haha, what kind of dance is that? I tried to hold in the giggle, but soon I erupted in full-blown laughter, my body shaking uncontrollably.

“Yah, what’s so funny?” Sandeul asked.

“Nothing, let’s just get grab a drink” I said as I grab on his shoulders and drags him to the drink counter.

“Byul, you made it to my cousin’s party!” Kris saw us and came by to say hi. Later more and more people start to join us. I wasn’t much of a talker, so I simply said a few words here and there not to makes me look so uninterested in the topic we were in. That’s right the chubby cheeks girl over there that’s dancing weirdly are much more interesting than these guys. Oh, she finally stop dancing. My eyes follows her. When she was left alone, that’s the cue for me to makes a move.

Without a single word, breath or noise I stood from my chair and left the group. I could hear Sandeul called for me but I was to focus on my goal and to bother to waste my time to answer him. I sat down on the chair next to her. I scan her from head to toes. One word, y. Then look up to her face. I could see the shock on her face, jaw dropping and her eyes went wide. I chuckled, I lean back and cross my legs, “You know when I said see you again, I’ve never thought we would meet again this fast” I said.