Crying

Last Light

Taekwoon was woken from the first good sleep he'd had in weeks when Byun Baekhyun screamed. Baekhyun had a literal monster inside him, tearing at him, hurting him, and only one person could calm it.

'Chanyeol?' Taekwoon murmured in his quiet voice. 'Baekhyun needs you.'

'Okay,' the other man's deep voice replied. Taekwoon sighed. He leaned back against Wonsik's chest and tried to sleep. 

He heard Chanyeol soothing Baekhyun with low whispers, gradually Baekhyun calmed down and everything grew quiet. Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a hug and lay down next to him. Taekwoon cuddled closer against Wonsik as the night grew colder.

At midnight Wonsik awoke him. There was a noise outside that he did not like. Taekwoon shushed him, hissing, 'There are always noises. Go back to sleep.' 

'This noise is different.'

Taekwoon groaned and sat up. 'Fine. What does it sound like and why is it so scary?'

'It sounds like someone crying outside.'

'It's the wind.' Taekwoon scowled.

'Jung Taekwoon, I lived in the middle of the woods for thirteen years. I slept, ate, ran with wolves. I know my stuff, and I can tell you for sure: this is NOT wind.'

'Then it's Baekhyun or Chanyeol.'

'It's outside.'

'Then go see what it is! Taekwoon said in annoyance. 'You can walk. Go to the window and see what it is.'

'You do it,' Wonsik whimpered.

'If I could walk, I would. But I have not one OUNCE of strength left in my body. I can't even lift my hands.'

Oh Sehun sat up and shushed them.

Wonsik whispered to Sehun 'Someone's crying outside.'

Sehun vanished, or at least he looked like he did. He crept silently along the wall, completely out of sight, and materialized by the window.

Sehun was here for not only his ninja-like abilities, but also his claws. His temper made him 100 times more frightening as well. He examined the grounds calmly, before flicking his wrist.

The chain crumbled.

Taekwoon stared. 'What did you do?'

Sehun grinned. 'I have the oldest chains here- 1,546 years old. Bound to fall apart someday.'

He did the same to the other chain. Claws out, he raced over the rooftop and jumped down out of sight.

Oh Sehun did not return that night. Or the night after.

Oh Sehun had not returned two weeks later.

Five weeks later he returned. He refused to say anything about it, but every night, Taekwoon heard him talking to someone outside the window. He never dared to see who it was.

They never heard the voice crying at night again.